RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the same thing you did Den(n)is. I thought that the MLS Is Putting The Fix In For Toronto FC, Right Before your Eyes article was recent. It was written back in January.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I did the same thing you did Den(n)is. I thought that the MLS Is Putting The Fix In For Toronto FC, Right Before your Eyes article was recent. It was written back in January.
    Wow holy shit, that article from January is a load of bullshit! Sure the league helps teams as it sees fit, and there's lots to question -- but not in the way the article describes. They don't seem to have a clue of basic facts of the league and some of the players. I couldn't manage to read right to the end -- stomach-churning pile of hooey.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Catch Canada play June 16 for their first round of World Cup Qualifying

and July 14 in the first ever
    Gold Cup game at BMO!!

Tickets now available to all who want to stand and sing for Canada!!!

links below.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow holy shit, that article from January is a load of bullshit! Sure the league helps teams as it sees fit, and there's lots to question -- but not in the way the article describes. They don't seem to have a clue of basic facts of the league and some of the players. I couldn't manage to read right to the end -- stomach-churning pile of hooey.
    You often see tinfoil hat stuff like this. The Galaxy has dealt with it for years. Could it be just a deep-pocketed ownership and a major market? Nooooo!

If the league really wanted to fix things, they'd have the refs more consistently call things in Toronto's favour. Typically it's the reverse.

It's MLS' fault though that these conspiracy theories happen. If they were more transparent we wouldn't see this stuff.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha! I remember that Deadspin article from a while back. As I commented on it at the time nobody at the blog cared when LA, New York, and Seattle were doing the same thing. Only once when Toronto got in on the game, did it become unacceptable.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.