Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They really shouldn't publish the numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Gio has been without a doubt, the most impressive player to ever put on a TFC shirt in our club's history. He is a constant threat on the pitch. His control and technique is streets ahead of the majority of the league. DeRo is the only other name I can think of when it comes to their overall contribution to this club, and it wouldn't surprise me if Gio surpasses his accomplishments sooner rather than later.
    Thats the comparison I like, and I think DeRo's record, incredible will to win, and not being a hinging crybaby place him ahead of Donavon for career impact too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If ur not following giovinco on Instagram then you should sebagiovincoofficial fucking hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If ur not following giovinco on Instagram then you should sebagiovincoofficial fucking hilarious
    What did he say in that video?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    What did he say in that video?
    Lol just singing some snoop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol just singing some snoop
    Ahh - I was following a different account (a fake one). It only had the video up where he was saying it was his official account in Italian. Thanks!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The fact that voting numbers are only in 4 figures just points out to me how little people who go to MLS games care about MLS as a whole.
    And all star games in particular.

On the Giovinco front, I am still getting used to feeling this good about TFC and how we've been playing. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba shut down all his social media accounts last week because he was receiving too many insults, mostly by Juve fans.

All the accounts you see today are fake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Seba shut down all his social media accounts last week because he was receiving too many insults, mostly by Juve fans.

Where did u hear this? Toronto fc endorsed his new insta account and I'm pretty sure that's the only social media he has anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that's wrong.

His new insta account has a video of him saying this is his new page

https://instagram.com/sebagiovincoofficial/

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why would Juve fans have a go at him? For leaving after years of not getting first team chances and wanting to be a full-time player? For going to "the bad US league"?

People are weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know man, my guess is that Juve fans always thought he was never good enough for the team. At one time they even jeered Seba when he was being subbed off and Conte gave him a big hug and lashed out at the crowd to STFU.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was all over twitter last week. Maybe hes just sticking with instagram for now.

Where did u hear this? Toronto fc endorsed his new insta account and I'm pretty sure that's the only social media he has anyways

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't know man, my guess is that Juve fans always thought he was never good enough for the team. At one time they even jeered Seba when he was being subbed off and Conte gave him a big hug and lashed out at the crowd to STFU.
    Weird. Oh well, I'm glad we have him here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that voting numbers are only in 4 figures just points out to me how little people who go to MLS games care about MLS as a whole.
    that is percentage you are looking at not the amount of votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    They really shouldn't publish the numbers.
    they haven't, they are publishing percentages

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    they haven't, they are publishing percentages
    They've taken the numbers down.

It was there as I commented on it on the website itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    And all star games in particular.

On the Giovinco front, I am still getting used to feeling this good about TFC and how we've been playing. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop
    LOL, me too. It's a syndrome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird. Oh well, I'm glad we have him here
    In the eyes of the Juventus fans and the media, Giovinco was supposed to be "the next Del Piero"......the guy who was supposed to take over the no. 10.......for one reason or another, he couldn't find that success with the team, and the fans grew frustrated with him.....and though not the excact same situation, something similar as it applies to TFC would be JDG's time here.......basically lots of expectations that didn't pan out in the end.....

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    In the eyes of the Juventus fans and the media, Giovinco was supposed to be "the next Del Piero"......the guy who was supposed to take over the no. 10.......for one reason or another, he couldn't find that success with the team, and the fans grew frustrated with him.....and though not the excact same situation, something similar as it applies to TFC would be JDG's time here.......basically lots of expectations that didn't pan out in the end.....
    I somewhat understand that. I guess that's the problem when you hype up players beyond their actual abilities. We do tend to do that quite a bit in Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GIO has it amazing here in Toronto...Yeah he plays in MLS, yeah he doesn't play in Italy anymore, yeah he doesn't compete in Champs League, yeah he is away from all his fam and friends BUT

He makes a $hit ton of life changing money, he will have a nice chunk of time off once the MLS season is done and not like 20 days he would have off in Serie a, he lives in a huge city that is unlike anything in italy, he plays footy but with way less pressure and he goes to Bahamas on his days off haaa

Hope he stays here for a long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I somewhat understand that. I guess that's the problem when you hype up players beyond their actual abilities. We do tend to do that quite a bit in Toronto
    haha that's true......I am Juventino, and I didn't really rate him when he played there tbh......but by all accounts from teammates in Serie A, he was an absolute wizard with ball skills in training.....I remember hearing one story from commentators during a Juve game where they said some teammates started calling him "Giovinho" because of this.......just for one reason or another it didn't translate on the pitch.....and that is all the fans see/care about.......

fortunately for us, he is able to translate those ball skills in MLS .......he's fantastic for us.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's losing his cool though. Cheyrou has to calm him down every game.
    Perquis needs a hug some games, but I like the fire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    giovinco has diff skill sets, and perhaps forcing him to fit that mold held him back. Giovinco is an artist out there that needs to roam free and be built around, not foreced into anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its making more sense why he came here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was all over twitter last week. Maybe hes just sticking with instagram for now.
    he was at the snoop dog concert on his instagram.

I love him even more now, if you aint right with the next episode, you aint right with me.

HOLD UP, hey.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    giovinco has diff skill sets, and perhaps forcing him to fit that mold held him back. Giovinco is an artist out there that needs to roam free and be built around, not foreced into anything.
    I don't think its that far apart......Giovinco is much faster than ADP is/was, but aside from that the skill set is similar imo......oh well, good thing he's on our side now!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If he remains happy here and his body holds up, he could easily play 5-7 seasons, depending on how he adapts his game over time. His smarts and his touch aren't going anywhere, but that quickness will likely disspate over time. Still, I'm just going to enjoy have a very good player in his prime leading our line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he remains happy here and his body holds up, he could easily play 5-7 seasons, depending on how he adapts his game over time. His smarts and his touch aren't going anywhere, but that quickness will likely disspate over time. Still, I'm just going to enjoy have a very good player in his prime leading our line
    I honestly would happy to get 2 seasons out of him before he forces a move back to Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest concern is if he gets selected for the Azzurri. If he gets picked to play for Italy while remaining here he will probably stay. If he doesn't then we may lose him.

That said he has it pretty good. His family is taken care of financially and he has a ton of time off and my guess is he will go back and live in Italy during the off season so no worry about getting home sick.
    Last edited by SenorDingDong; 06-12-2015 at 01:05 PM.