Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I find it interesting that aside from his picture in the advertisements for the All Star Game there has been no mention of Seba on the MLS site stories. The league's MVP, who broke some records in the league last year and still causing havoc this year, is hardly mentioned if at all. Lots of talk about Drogba, Villa, Pirlo, Dempsey, Piatti, Kaka in particular. Some Arsenal players even talking about who they are looking forward to playing against and none mention Seba. You would think Giovinco would get some mention somewhere on the MLS site. Not that I really care too much. Just find it interesting where the focus is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe theyre keeping their big gun on the down low..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So I find it interesting that aside from his picture in the advertisements for the All Star Game there has been no mention of Seba on the MLS site stories. The league's MVP, who broke some records in the league last year and still causing havoc this year, is hardly mentioned if at all. Lots of talk about Drogba, Villa, Pirlo, Dempsey, Piatti, Kaka in particular. Some Arsenal players even talking about who they are looking forward to playing against and none mention Seba. You would think Giovinco would get some mention somewhere on the MLS site. Not that I really care too much. Just find it interesting where the focus is.
    He did a one on one video with MLS yesterday about his motivation, this season so far, and if the Italy snub has attributed to his hat trick last weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He did a one on one video with MLS yesterday about his motivation, this season so far, and if the Italy snub has attributed to his hat trick last weekend.

do you have a link? - i can't find that anywhere on their site

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba now in second for the golden boot behind Villa!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/0...hree-months-go

Giovinco grabs the top spot in the MVP race according to mlssoccer.com editors.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    The focus tends to be on former EPL players, Pirlo being an exception because of his legendary status on the Italian National team.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hat trick: 2 of 3 goals

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another hat trick and now he leads the golden boot race by 2 goals. What a player.

All time he's passed Ryan Johnson and is chasing Robbie Findley. Ex-TFCers obviously. There are bigger MLS names he's in Amongst.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 08-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it even more impressive that he leads the race after going scoreless for such a long stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw... how many goals did he have by this point last season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Through TFC's first 23 games last year he had 16 goals and 11 assists. Through 23 now, he's sitting on 15 goals and 10 assists (though he missed the Columbus game, so he's played 22 so far).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 G
    12 A

Doesn't seem too far off with 15 G 10 A this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Through TFC's first 23 games last year he had 16 goals and 11 assists. Through 23 now, he's sitting on 15 goals and 10 assists (though he missed the Columbus game, so he's played 22 so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    17 G
    12 A

Doesn't seem too far off with 15 G 10 A this year.
    Well, that's not too shabby.
    He certainly has a good chance of topping last year, at his current rate.
    (not that I expect him to keep scoring hat tricks every week)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry my bad, notthesun is correct, it's 16 - 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Sorry my bad, notthesun is correct, it's 16 - 11
    Either way, he was awesome then and he's awesome now!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Seba's two goals agaisnt NER are both in the GOTW bracket and both losing to less then better shots, including one by a guy who will never make a shot like that again in his life.

Portland do like to stuff ballot boxes, eh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped paying attention to fan voted polls a while ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either way, he was awesome then and he's awesome now!
    If MLS can keep him until he's 34 and he keep up the 20-goal seasons, he'll probably be the all-time leading scorer in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If MLS can keep him until he's 34 and he keep up the 20-goal seasons, he'll probably be the all-time leading scorer in the league.
    Guys like Seba don't stay long enough to become alltime leading scorers. He won't be here after his current contract expires.

He is the MLS supernova.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Guys like Seba don't stay long enough to become alltime leading scorers. He won't be here after his current contract expires.

He is the MLS supernova.
    You never know. If TFC is prepared to extend his contract at a comparable salary, it's possible that he stays. I don't think any European clubs would come close to matching that type of offer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    You never know. If TFC is prepared to extend his contract at a comparable salary, it's possible that he stays. I don't think any European clubs would come close to matching that type of offer.
    You do never know. But with Leiweke gone, and the likelihood that he will want to finish his career in Italy, having made his big score, I stand by my prediction.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do never know. But with Leiweke gone, and the likelihood that he will want to finish his career in Italy, having made his big score, I stand by my prediction.
    Giovinco is on a 5 yr deal and he'll be 33 at the end of his contract with TFC. Where, more importantly, why would he want to go back to Italy where he'll make less money and playing for scraps for mins in Serie A, if he actually gets any takers? He doesn't have a club that he's very fond of other than Juventus and I doubt Juve would want Giovinco back at 33.
    Barring some crazy things, Giovinco would likely get offered a contract extension somewhere around 4 mil in MLS at 33. I see Giovinco going to Asia or Middle East more than back to Italy.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Giovinco is on a 5 yr deal and he'll be 33 at the end of his contract with TFC. Where, more importantly, why would he want to go back to Italy where he'll make less money and playing for scraps for mins in Serie A, if he actually gets any takers? He doesn't have a club that he's very fond of other than Juventus and I doubt Juve would want Giovinco back at 33.
    Barring some crazy things, Giovinco would likely get offered a contract extension somewhere around 4 mil in MLS at 33. I see Giovinco going to Asia or Middle East more than back to Italy.
    He's on a 4 year deal and he'll be 31 and a half in the summer of 2018, when he'll be midway through his final year here, and will be very likely to leave, imho.

Some media outlets reported it as five years at the time, but that got cleared up on these boards at some point.

Italy has a long history of older strikers playing into their mid 30s for decent teams (Toni, Klose, Del Piero, di Natale, offf the top of my head), he has a shot at that endgame.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-09-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Seba leaves prior to his contract ending, TFC will make a really good buck from the transfer fee. Considering we picked him up for 0$.
    I think it'll all go down this offseason - whether he stays or goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the EPL has went completely bonkers the past year so its not out of the question if he gets a legitimate offer.

If he gets a better contract offer MLSE cannot afford to not match and raise his current deal, TFC as a franchise is finally looking to turn the corner, we need Giovinco as the cornerstone if they want to continue to grow the brand.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's on a 4 year deal and he'll be 31 and a half in the summer of 2018, when he'll be midway through his final year here, and will be very likely to leave, imho.

Some media outlets reported it as five years at the time, but that got cleared up on these boards at some point.
    I'm getting mixed results on google length of giovinco's contract, whether it's 4 or 5.

I'm still betting that Giovinco will stick with MLS for money and better quality of life for his family

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he will legitimately get an offer that is on par with his current contract from an EPL club this coming winter transfer window, the EPL has gone into cold war mode with the new TV money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember him saying that he would stay at least 3 years and then he will see after that.
    does he have any endorsments yet in Toronto?