Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fastest player to 50 points in MLS history, 43 games 5 quicker than Robbie Keane after his two goals vs. Vancouver !! No doubt one of the MLS best, on the road to being a great !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Golden Boot leader with 8.

All-time he passes Jozy and Plata and now tied with Alecko Eskandarian. Chasing Mo Johnston.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-15-2016 at 10:24 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valeri could still have a huge day today, but I'm likely going to pay for breaking my own MLS Fantasy rule: never not captain Giovinco. I'm disappointed in myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has also passed DeRo and is now all time leader in goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Golden Boot leader with 8.

All-time he passes Jozy and Plata and now tied with Alecko Eskandarian. Chasing Mo Johnston.
    Want to hear a better joke? Jozy scored a goal.
    Last edited by ronzilla; 05-15-2016 at 11:18 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Want to hear a better joke? Jozy scored a goal.
    meh. Goals are goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba took in the Raps Game 7 win today. I love that they make sure to give him a scoreboard shoutout every time he's in the building.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Seba took in the Raps Game 7 win today. I love that they make sure to give him a scoreboard shoutout every time he's in the building.
    Can not agree with you more, Seba is truly something special !! Looking forward to him continuing on this amazing path, the sky is the limit and beyond !!!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love to get a picture of Seba next to JV. I don't know if you'd be able to fit them both in the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco excluded from Italy's pre-Euro 2016 training camp

http://www.thescore.com/seri/news/1028131

The final list is announced May 25.
    Last edited by ronzilla; 05-16-2016 at 04:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Giovinco excluded from Italy's pre-Euro 2016 training camp

http://www.thescore.com/seri/news/1028131

The final list is announced May 25.
    This is both happy and sad news. Happy because I don't want to lose him for a month, but sad for him to not make the team.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This is both happy and sad news. Happy because I don't want to lose him for a month, but sad for him to not make the team.
    Not quite done yet. That camp includes a large number of players with no hope of making the Euros, so he could still be in consideration. Reports out of Italy right now though are that he's unlikely to make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have a hard time believing he will not make it. There are not too many Italian forwards that are looking rely good at this moment, a bunch of good ones but no world class player, at least no one with a world class season . He is being followed by the Italian media so the media and the fans would not be critical.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list doesn't include players who are busy featuring for their club teams. (AC Milan vs Juve in Coppa Italia final - Bonucci is suspended) Giovinco could easily be in that category as well. In fact, in the interest of fairness, I'd bet that is the case. Conte is just calling anybody to fill the ranks, there is a 0% chance of Conte prefering Fabio F*cking Borini over Seba.
    Last edited by Bobo; 05-16-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have a hard time believing he will not make it. There are not too many Italian forwards that are looking rely good at this moment, a bunch of good ones but no world class player, at least no one with a world class season . He is being followed by the Italian media so the media and the fans would not be critical.
    Maybe Conte wants him at Chelsea and is leaving him out to pressure him to return to Europe. He can justify it any number of ways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Maybe Conte wants him at Chelsea and is leaving him out to pressure him to return to Europe. He can justify it any number of ways.
    The Italian team is a mess. I saw them in Rome, the night Giovinco came on as a sub, and he played brilliantly. But, the rest of the team did little to impress me. One gets the feeling adding Giovinco to the squad will make little difference on a team that will struggle to make it out of the first round. I don't think he will be as upset by the rejection as many believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conte is a fucken joke and one of the more overrated coaches in Europe. If he doesn't bring Giovinco, and even considers Borini, then he can literally go fuck him. Can't wait till this clown is off the bench after the Euro's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Conte is a fucken joke and one of the more overrated coaches in Europe. If he doesn't bring Giovinco, and even considers Borini, then he can literally go fuck him. Can't wait till this clown is off the bench after the Euro's.
    Do you think Conte is preferring TonellI and Ogbonna to Chiellini and Barzagli too? Take a deep breath. That article is misleading, all Conte said was that he won't introduce any new players into the fold, he didn't say anything about non-starters. This works in Giovinco's favour, not against him. Conte is well-aware of the MLS schedule, we should be thanking him for giving TFC a chance to get a result this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Do you think Conte is preferring TonellI and Ogbonna to Chiellini and Barzagli too? Take a deep breath. That article is misleading, all Conte said was that he won't introduce any new players into the fold, he didn't say anything about non-starters. This works in Giovinco's favour, not against him. Conte is well-aware of the MLS schedule, we should be thanking him for giving TFC a chance to get a result this weekend.
    None of those guys can play in these friendlies cause of the Coppa Italia though. What's the point of bringing in guys that should be no where near the national team? I'm a huge Lazio fan, Cataldi should be no where near this team either. This should of been a chance for fringe players to make their last stake of making the national team. It's even a joke that Giovinco is a fringe player on this team. Still doesn't chance my mind about Conte. He's a motivator, a players coach, but he is one of the worst tacticians of any of the "Big" coaches. Showed on Juve, will show it's head in France.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    None of those guys can play in these friendlies cause of the Coppa Italia though. What's the point of bringing in guys that should be no where near the national team? I'm a huge Lazio fan, Cataldi should be no where near this team either. This should of been a chance for fringe players to make their last stake of making the national team.
    Precisely my point. They aren't at a rather meaningless retreat because they have duties with their club. (Juve have since denied Bonucci's attendance so he can be with the squad for the Coppa final) People have confused this roster with a "final" provisional Euro squad. Conte is going about things his own way.

There is NO chance some of these guys make the cut. He said he's not introducing new players for the Euros. (granted this was before a couple of injuries) But if there's space to have them show up for a retreat due to all the absentees, why not offer the kids the experience? People are making mountains out of molehills.

It's only circumstance has prevented Seba from taking a more prominent role in the setup. He was there in March, missed the call up before due to injury and missed the one after due to preseason fitness, at which point Conte addressed him by name as someone not there who he is very much still considering. Since then Seba has continued to dominate. For these reasons I would be extremely surprised not to see Seba make the final cut.
    Last edited by Bobo; 05-18-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by khso11; 07-14-2016 at 02:48 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    Congrats to Seba on winning the 2016 ESPYS Best MLS Player Award!!!

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2912558/2...co-all-winners
    So...he was there? Instead of stormy Columbus? Hrm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So...he was there? Instead of stormy Columbus? Hrm.
    No, he wasn't

Sebastian Giovinco captured the 2016 ESPY for best MLS player on Wednesday night at the awards ceremony in Los Angeles.
    Giovinco did not attend the ceremony and remained in Toronto ahead of joining the squad in San Jose for their match against the Earthquakes on Saturday night.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    No, he wasn't
    Thank you

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With that brace Seba is backin 3rd spot for the golden boot! Relief!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you mean hat trick, not brace but it's be great to see him in the race again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Almost sounds like he'd prefer to raise the profile of MLS to get back into Azzuri. Encouraging countrymen to check it out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also now our all-time leading goalscorer across all competitions, right? think I saw that on Twitter last night. He has 35 now, topping De Ro's 33.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you mean hat trick, not brace but it's be great to see him in the race again.
    Correct, yes, hat trick! I was overwhelmed with the free kicks!

Next ex-Red Seba's chasing all time is Ryan Johnson. (Who's back in America btw at Rayo OKC that team in the NASL we played in preseason once.)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Also now our all-time leading goalscorer across all competitions, right? think I saw that on Twitter last night. He has 35 now, topping De Ro's 33.
    Amazing. What a way to shake a slump.