Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba working on his English in the embedded Instagram video in Squizzatto's article on Vice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba working on his English in the embedded Instagram video in Squizzatto's article on Vice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taken from reddit, translation of an interview Giovinco did with La Gazzetta dello Sport after the games vs. RBNY.

Did you expect such a great debut season in MLS?
    Changing teams, country, language and surroundings is usually the most complicated part of our job. Let’s just say I was surprised by how quickly I was able to make a name for myself.

For the first time in your career you have gone two and a half months without playing.
    It has worked out for me because I had played regularly over the last year and a half. I went to Antigua, then the Caribbeans and finally Turin. I never visited the stadium. I have so many family members that I spent all my time visiting them.

After a year in the MLS, how would you describe it to your colleagues in Europe?
    It is an experience to live, and not just because of the year I had. Things are great here and results are never certain. It is a stunning championship.

Toronto looked set for a great run but then you were eliminated by rivals Montreal in the first round of the playoffs.
    We didn’t even have a chance as we were 3-0 down after 39 minutes. We have a chance to take a step forward this season.

Can the playoff system be applied to Italy?
    It is another way to look at things, but it is entertaining. Every sport here, not just football, lives for the playoffs. I would leave things as they are in Italy. Everyone should keep their own traditions.

What impressed you most about your first year in North America?
    The city of Toronto is beautiful and welcoming. I didn’t expect it. I only found positive things here.

Do you miss something from your life back in Italy?
    I don’t miss anything off the field. Professionally, I maybe miss the atmosphere, tension and the adrenaline you feel before an important match, but not all the time.

Are you thinking about the national team?
    I have given it thought. Some people said that I would never return to the side, but I’ve done well so I’ve been called up. Antonio Conte told me he won’t place any limits on who he calls up, and that it will be up to me in order to be named to the side.

Do you believe that the MLS calendar could hurt you?
    Perhaps, but I don’t believe it is relevant. The coach already has his thoughts, but I believe three months are enough for me to get into shape.

Conte always had faith in you at Juve as well. That should help calm your nerves.
    It isn’t a questions of keeping calm. It is good to know that if I do well I will be called up.

You are in the running with Simone Zaza and Ciro Immobile for a spot.
    It’s better to be part of the conversation and that has made me stronger. Wherever I am asked to, I will play, but the coach will have me play as a second striker.

Last time we spoke with you was before Inter-Juventus. The Bianconeri were well behind and now they are first. Are you surprised?
    No as I thought it was possible at the time. Knowing Juve, I knew that it was just a bad start and that they would climb back up. I have no doubts over the fact Napoli and Fiorentina play the best football. However winning is what matters the most and Juve has something more than the other sides when it comes to that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The king!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should trust his team mates a bit more.

A couple more passes at 2-2 in the area and we could have had 3 pts yesterday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was yesterday, before he went all passive aggressive on Klinnsman

Looks like SKC has a plan to deal with Seba - same as NYCFC and others tried.

As a few people said, there's a reason teams like DCU, SJE and SKC had issues near the end of the season - all the strategic fouling they did in March through June became early yellow cards in July through October.
    We should all retweet this after every goal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....look who we play next week. I think SKC are going to try to kick him all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio had 3 defenders on him at all times yesterday and still created a bunch of chances. I hope having Altidore back this weekend will help open him up more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....look who we play next week. I think SKC are going to try to kick him all over the place.
    That's been their MO with opposing players for some time. Here's to hoping the league has finally cracked down on the strategic thuggery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is bound for another MVP title. He's already averaging two points a game (goal and assist in each of the two games)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last season he finished with 22. My fun game this year will be tracking all time goals.

22 goals all time (yes there's plenty but)

Our own Drew Moor and Greg Vanney

at 23

Maicon Santos

and now with 24 he's even with

Herculez Gomez

and looking forward the race is on because Will Johnson has 25.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-14-2016 at 01:07 PM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up for GOTW again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Up for GOTW again
    Yeah, he ain't going to win that. Amerikwa has the GOTY pretty much wrapped up already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, he ain't going to win that. Amerikwa has the GOTY pretty much wrapped up already.
    Well good thing its only week 2, still a lot soccer left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Altidore being apparently ready to be selected this weekend in KC the big question I have is how does this impact Seba? I assume Altidore will play up top through the middle with Seba out wide.

Late last season Altidore played out wide while Seba played in the middle and Jozy looked like a fish out of water out there.

Is 4-3-3 the BEST way to get the most out of Altidore without negatively impacting what we can get from Seba?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well good thing its only week 2, still a lot soccer left.
    Yanks love that long ball over the head from a long ways away shit. Seba will score better goals, on purpose, but Amerikwa pulled off a flashy fluke he'll never do again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Giovinco not on this list. Could be good news for TFC.

I would prefer he doesn't go.

http://www.football-italia.net/81682...ad-takes-shape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very much up in the air whether Giovinco makes the Italian Euro squad, but Conte is definitely considering him - specifically mentions him in his press conference yesterday:

“Above all during training we want to see if the new arrivals have the chance of being useful for the Euros.
    “As for those who aren’t here, there are two months left and I will play close attention to what happens in Serie A, in America – because I don’t forget Sebastian Giovinco – and evaluate what happens.
    “I will keep the doors open, but I do have a basic idea of who will come to France.”
    Giovinco is competing mostly with Insigne and Franco Vazquez, who have been tremendous in Serie A this year, and El Sharaawy is now back in form having joined Roma. Then there are others like Sansone, Berardi, Cerci... If Giovinco has anything going for him it's experience. Italy is going to have a very young group of forwards, Giovinco at 29 if he made the team would likely be the oldest besides Pellè.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Very much up in the air whether Giovinco makes the Italian Euro squad, but Conte is definitely considering him - specifically mentions him in his press conference yesterday:

Giovinco is competing mostly with Insigne and Franco Vazquez, who have been tremendous in Serie A this year, and El Sharaawy is now back in form having joined Roma. Then there are others like Sansone, Berardi, Cerci... If Giovinco has anything going for him it's experience. Italy is going to have a very young group of forwards, Giovinco at 29 if he made the team would likely be the oldest besides Pellè.
    This should give him motivation to fill up some nets. If he repeats last years results he will probably make the roster. His last couple Italy games while with the reds were quite good, he was quite dangerous but hit a couple posts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take that Drogba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take that Drogba.
    That's class, even when all our other players stop caring, this guy will put his soul into every game. He's Gilberto with talent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBF to Drogba, he's what 37 and on his last legs unlike Giovinco.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All-time goal update.

Seba is even with Will Johnson and is now chasing Justin Braun.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fastest Goal in tfc history 57 seconds.

All time race he's now tied with Justin Braun and chasing Jack Jewsbury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Can we stop with the update? I'm a big believer in jinx and these updates are giving me anxiety.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Can we stop with the update? I'm a big believer in jinx and these updates are giving me anxiety.
    Try this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post

Very close to DeRo's record for TFC.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto