Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Kamara but he's this year's BWP/Wondo - will score in double digits next season but he's not going to be getting 20 goals again. You can just tell when players are on one of those season long hot streaks.

Seba though looks like a consistent 20 goal + player for the next 3 seasons after this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I like Kamara but he's this year's BWP/Wondo - will score in double digits next season but he's not going to be getting 20 goals again. You can just tell when players are on one of those season long hot streaks.
    Agreed. I read that something like 19 or 20 of his 21 goals are one-touch finishes. I don't think he's scored any from outside the box. For him to score this many again he will need to be just as good and Columbus' offense and service into the box will need to be just as good as well.

Not a knock on him, he's looked a real player this year, an absolute predator in the box. But he will probably return to something a little more modest next year, similar to BWP this year and his current 14G 7A stat line. Still a great contributor but not MVP level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...on-mls-history

Keep beating that MVP drum, mlssoccer.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh a player in his prime going against some of the most scrub defenders in pro football.....Gio should really be a lock for MVP. I kind of doubt any MLS defenders would even get into a bloody championship side. The talent defense wise here is simply a joke making a lot of so so and sub par players (like Kamara) look good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Eh a player in his prime going against some of the most scrub defenders in pro football.....Gio should really be a lock for MVP. I kind of doubt any MLS defenders would even get into a bloody championship side. The talent defense wise here is simply a joke making a lot of so so and sub par players (like Kamara) look good.
    you do realize that 2 young mls defenders have been sold into EPL sides in the past 2 years right? Both have seen time with their team in different competitions.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    you do realize that 2 young mls defenders have been sold into EPL sides in the past 2 years right? Both have seen time with their team in different competitions.
    EPL. That's higher than the bloody championship the last time I checked...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realize that one isn't even making the bench, the other is on loan to a team that couldn't compete in MLS.... and TWO is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Vortexdr is right, MLS defending sucks ass.

They've brought in lots of offensive talent over the last three years but the other end of the pitch hasn't kept pace. Omar Gonzalez, who is considered one of the best center halfs, and Matt Hedges, one of the other alleged best, get so routinely schooled when they're paired for the US nats that it's like guaranteed loss night.

If Seba were more selfish, I think he could run at these defenders all day and score three just about every game. (Of course, he'd be triple-teamed off the ball and crippled with injuries, but the skill level point is valid).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny thing is when you win 4-0 or 3-0 or 2-0 you don't seem to think your team's defence is bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow TWO!!!! Oh my god....And they went for what a combined a combined $1.5m ? Get real that doesn't count. Besides they cant even warm the bench for their teams so...yeah...

I do get the love for the league and trying to defend it ( i only started following recently basically once Gio a true CM/FM legend started making fools out of all the scrub talent here) but you need to be realistic.

At least jloome knows whats going on!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are supporters with NER and NYRB and LAG who think their defence can handle Seba. Its binary thinking - no goals means great D line. But that feeling is out there - specifically with the Red Bulls who are coming to the conclusion that Miazga is going to be a stud in Europe in 4 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ...specifically with the Red Bulls who are coming to the conclusion that Miazga is going to be a stud in Europe in 4 years.
    HAHAHAHAHA.

They must be joking. He's a decent MLS-level defender but he'd get shredded at a higher level. He plays too tight, fouls a lot, and isn't athletic enough to be a CB above this level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I never noticed him. why do you say that he plays too tight? I am truly interested, because one of the many problems with MLS defenders is that they do not get tight enough in the box, they to often have to react, instead of getting on the attacking player taking away space, balance and room to maneuver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA.

They must be joking. He's a decent MLS-level defender but he'd get shredded at a higher level. He plays too tight, fouls a lot, and isn't athletic enough to be a CB above this level.
    he's also 20 and has been far and away the best CB in the league this year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr View Post
    Get real that doesn't count. I do get the love for the league and trying to defend it
    Glad to have you aboard!

(The rest of your post didn't count)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realize that one isn't even making the bench, the other is on loan to a team that couldn't compete in MLS.... and TWO is not exactly a ringing endorsement. Vortexdr is right, MLS defending sucks ass.

They've brought in lots of offensive talent over the last three years but the other end of the pitch hasn't kept pace. Omar Gonzalez, who is considered one of the best center halfs, and Matt Hedges, one of the other alleged best, get so routinely schooled when they're paired for the US nats that it's like guaranteed loss night.

If Seba were more selfish, I think he could run at these defenders all day and score three just about every game. (Of course, he'd be triple-teamed off the ball and crippled with injuries, but the skill level point is valid).
    Please. You've been following for how long? You hardly have the same disregard of our league quality as someone comparing it to the entirety of Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not wading in on the MLS defending debate but I have no idea where the Yedlin and Henry were sold for $1.5m combined came from.

Yedlin to Spurs was $4m alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might go 20G/20A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    he's also 20 and has been far and away the best CB in the league this year.
    You can't be serious. That oaf?

If MLS thinks someone like that is going to be a stud god help us. Doniel Henry with an American passport would be deserving of more hype than that guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could see that the ball never changed direction from Giovinco's shot so the goal should be awarded to Seba.

Goal By Jonathan Osorio or Sebastian Giovinco?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You can't be serious. That oaf?

If MLS thinks someone like that is going to be a stud god help us. Doniel Henry with an American passport would be deserving of more hype than that guy.
    Nah. smartest and most technically gifted CB in the league. major reason the Red Bulls are one of the top teams in the league this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    You could see that the ball never changed direction from Giovinco's shot so the goal should be awarded to Seba.

Goal By Jonathan Osorio or Sebastian Giovinco?

Totally agree ... no change in direction. Surely Osorio should be able to say that he didn't touch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Totally agree ... no change in direction. Surely Osorio should be able to say that he didn't touch it.
    Looks pretty clear that he touched it....

https://streamable.com/0ccc

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAHA.

Wasn't that the book on Henry and Edu?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Looks pretty clear that he touched it....

https://streamable.com/0ccc
    Osorio asked MLS to review it and also he did not celebrate like he scored it so he is basically saying that he did not touch it.

It curves into the goal after it hits the post and looks like Oso scored it although he did not.

I just hope this goal does not take away the golden boot from Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Nah. smartest and most technically gifted CB in the league. major reason the Red Bulls are one of the top teams in the league this year.
    I am going to have to watch this again; saw nothing of the sort the 2-3 times I saw him play.

Strongly suspect the US soccer hype train crowns another average player the next big thing. No way in hell he has been the best in MLS this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Osorio asked MLS to review it and also he did not celebrate like he scored it so he is basically saying that he did not touch it.

It curves into the goal after it hits the post and looks like Oso scored it although he did not.

I just hope this goal does not take away the golden boot from Seba.
    I don't think Oso touched it either.

I hope this doesn't cause any shit in the locker room. By all accounts Seba was going on a bit too much about it after the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I am going to have to watch this again; saw nothing of the sort the 2-3 times I saw him play.

Strongly suspect the US soccer hype train crowns another average player the next big thing. No way in hell he has been the best in MLS this year.
    US hype train often overrates their own; Zardes, Trapp, Thompson to name a few. Not Miazga though, consistently goes up against very good players and dominates them. Has made Connor Lade and Damien Perrinelle look really good in that back line with him. He's not that physically gifted so he doesn't stand out as much as guys like Waston and Gonzalez, but he's arguably already more of an intelligent player than either of those two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread title is now official and a little bragging rights from me, that I predicted this in May.

How TFC's Atomic Ant made MLS history

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...sists-one-year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Seba gets to 20 with the goal given to him.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...d-toronto-fcs-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is awesome, you have to respect Osorio for urging the league to review it. Thats class.

It took me some time to make this GIF, so may as well repost it here since it's one of his best goals.