User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930
Results 871 to 886 of 886
  1. #871
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Posts
    12,793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Where's that particular video? Checked their Youtube page and the video section of the site and can't find it
    Go to the TFC website and select "interviews" in the "video" drop down menu.
    Scroll through those and you will find it.
    Long May You Run

  2. #872
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,253
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't get the Cooper hate around here. Sure he's been bad lately but there was a time last year when he looked like the only one on the team giving a shit. As of now we have, title winning team, no need to ship him out for something unproven when we know he can play better.

  3. #873
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    International waters
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What Giovinco has done for TorontoFC has been paramount and he has instilled himself as one of the most legendary athlete in toronto.



  4. #874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    What Giovinco has done for TorontoFC has been paramount and he has instilled himself as one of the most legendary athlete in Toronto.
    On the way home on the GO train from BMO, packed with Jays fans as well, maybe it is because the Jays lost, but their (Jays) fans can be an apoplectic lot, I saw many doing eye rolls and shaking heads at the expense of TFC's celebration, I feel that they are actually envious and don't want to admit that TFC and football is surpassing other sports teams in Toronto.


    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 06-28-2017 at 10:22 AM.

  5. #875
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    11,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jays are slipping, unfortunately because when they are on a roll the whole of the region gets really into it. If they don't pull it out during this home stand, they can kiss the post season good bye.

    And then its rebuild time, which in the past has meant Jays fans go dormant - like a cicada. There is a significant portion of our support that are also Jays fans. If we keep going like this, we are likely to pull in a bunch of fans from them to support both.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-28-2017 at 10:32 AM.

  6. #876
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    On the way home on the GO train from BMO, packed with Jays fans as well, maybe it is because the Jays lost, but their (Jays) fans can be an apoplectic lot, I saw many doing eye rolls and shaking heads at the expense of TFC's celebration, I feel that they are actually envious and don't want to admit that TFC and football is surpassing other sports teams in Toronto.


    I noticed the same thing. More than once the Sebastian Giovinco chant broke out on the train and you could feel the disdain rolling off the Jays fans. There is a slow change in the Toronto sports fanbase and the growth of the Reds is undeniable. I have no illusions of passing the Leafs or Raptors in terms of fans but we can most certainly become an equal with them.

  7. #877
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,394
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. More than once the Sebastian Giovinco chant broke out on the train and you could feel the disdain rolling off the Jays fans. There is a slow change in the Toronto sports fanbase and the growth of the Reds is undeniable. I have no illusions of passing the Leafs or Raptors in terms of fans but we can most certainly become an equal with them.
    Kind of annoying they wouldn't join in. After one of our matches during the NHL playoffs when the Leafs had won there were Leafs fans chanting go Leafs go. Everyone joined in. It's one city, cheer for everyone.

  8. #878
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those that cannot find the Seba interview with KJ

    http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/giovi...ck-win~1156143
    Just a View from the Stands!
    Read me @ http://www.sbnation.com/users/Raghav%20Sandhu/blog

  9. #879
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This has to be bumped.... Just saw the Orlando goals... Him and jozy.. Omg...

  10. #880
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2W-FitLWOc

    Some of these are just ridiculous. That last one still gives me chills

  11. #881
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    11,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Watching that, I'm struck once again about how darn good Altidore is as a provider.

  12. #882
    Membership Team
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Watching that, I'm struck once again about how darn good Altidore is as a provider.
    It's funny how many times Altidore just chucks it along to Seba and turns to watch the magic happen.

    That lastish Vazquez feed though, where Seba jumps into Victor's arms - classic.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montreal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montreal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montreal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montreal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi)

  13. #883
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    It's funny how many times Altidore just chucks it along to Seba and turns to watch the magic happen.

    That lastish Vazquez feed though, where Seba jumps into Victor's arms - classic.
    the no look pass? that was way above MLS's level

    kinda of like when you get the one or two guys on your sunday team who actually know what they are doing

  14. #884
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    11,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    It's funny how many times Altidore just chucks it along to Seba and turns to watch the magic happen.

    ....

    That overhead kick assist - he knew where Seba was.

  15. #885
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,013
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was an excellent use of 12 minutes.

    The sheer variety is stunning ..... screamers, curlers, knucklers, chips ... dribbling through traffic to create... and often just classic center forward positioning, where he essentially taps in because he just knows how to arrive in the right place at the perfect moment (that's what he did for number 55)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  16. #886
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That was an excellent use of 12 minutes.
    Yea, I didnt need to work during that time.

    Vasquez/Bradley/Gio/Altidore are a crazy combo.
    Sprinkle in a little Edwards, Beita and Morrow - and baby, you've got a stew goin'.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •