User Tag List

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I don't know much about Italian soccer, but I can't quite imagine a scene like that in Italy, with a player & his kid in front of the supporters. Am I right or wrong here?
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I highly doubt it. I think he (as well as many other MLS players) likes being here because of the way he can interact with the fans. In North America he can walk down the street without many people recognizing him whereas in Europe it would be much more difficult.
    In the past 5 years or so, players have brought their wives/kids on the field after the Serie A trophy is presented to the winner.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    In the past 5 years or so, players have brought their wives/kids on the field after the Serie A trophy is presented to the winner.....
    Same with the Champions League as well (once the pomp and circumstance is done). I distinctly remember Marcelo in particular taking photos with his family and having his kids play with the trophy.
    Toronto FC, #CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies if everyone has already seen this, but this article is just so awesome. What a guy.
    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/se...co-toronto-fc/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Same with the Champions League as well (once the pomp and circumstance is done). I distinctly remember Marcelo in particular taking photos with his family and having his kids play with the trophy.
    ya its not uncommon in Europe, that's for sure.....if you Google it, there's actually pictures of Giovinco with his wife/gf on the field with the Serie A Champions trophy from his time with Juve, just before he came here....one of the pictures, ironically, points back to this board lol......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK thanks for the info! I've seen/heard some of the bad sides of Italian supporters culture in the past few years, but the good sides of course don't get reported as much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldo had his son out schooling the other players kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    OK thanks for the info! I've seen/heard some of the bad sides of Italian supporters culture in the past few years, but the good sides of course don't get reported as much!
    No problem....

It's really not THAT bad, aside from a couple of teams....the Rome derby (Lazio/Roma) always has incidents though.....most problems in Italy are between the Ultras and teams' management done in the way of walkouts, upside down banners, etc, not necessarily violence.

The real problem with fan experience in Italy is from old and out of date stadiums.....aside from Juve's Allianz Stadium (2010), there hasn't been anything new built since Italia '90, which is absolutely terrible.
    It is changing though; Roma, Udinese, and maybe both of the Milan clubs (one of them for sure, can't remember which right now), all have plans for new stadiums to be built within the next few years....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They still have a lot of issues with ultras in Italy, especially with racism

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ again, it is with 1 or 2 groups, not at all rampant....

not much different than what happens in England a few times a year with the chants against Spurs.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is changing though; Roma, Udinese, and maybe both of the Milan clubs (one of them for sure, can't remember which right now), all have plans for new stadiums to be built within the next few years....
    Been finished for a while - they completely re-did three sides of the ground.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ ya I should've known better but wasn't totally sure....