Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All good things must come to an end eventually.

He will always be a TFC legend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Seba. It was a joy to watch him play and win here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Seba on getting that payday in the twilight of his career. Even as one of the highest paid ever in our league it didn't seem enough somehow for the quality he brought on the field.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodbye Legend. Thanks for the memories.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will always consider this song in my head when I think of Seba

because of this goal

I just have put the 2 together now.

Thanks Seba - you are the GOAT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was present at the Batflip Jays postseason game, celebrated with them and swapped off the blue jersey for my TFC jersey, to a Beck straight to BMO Field arriving just in time for the start of the 2nd half of this NYRB game (second video).! Seba is on the Wall of Honour and is a legend, no matter what his "awful" English translator wrote on his last Insta post. LEGEND!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so upset for WORDS! (

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see how long his 'desire to win' keeps him satisfied in the football (and human rights) mecca that is Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best player we ever had, and ever likely will have. Thank you, Giovinco! Legend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Let's see how long his 'desire to win' keeps him satisfied in the football (and human rights) mecca that is Saudi Arabia.
    The middle east has it problems and Saudi Arabia does seem particularly backwards but at the same time the region is historically and culturally significant, there is so much to see and experience in that part of the world, if Seba goes there with the same open mind and open heart that he came to Toronto with I'm sure he will have an amazing experience and the people there will embrace him the same way we did here. Life will be different and it will have challenges but someone with means can have a great life there. Its also only a 4 hour flight to Italy and maybe in the back of his mind he thinks this might give him an outside chance with the national team with a mid east world cup coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Best player we ever had, and ever likely will have. Thank you, Giovinco! Legend!
    No way MLS is growing at an unprecedented rate! We will have big stars play here in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    No way MLS is growing at an unprecedented rate! We will have big stars play here in the future
    We'll see. Right now the league is selling its stars.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks he has to leave like this.

I still remember when I stumbled onto a match between TFC and NYCFC at Yankee Stadium in July 2015. At that time, my interest in the team had waned after eight non playoff years of disappointment and frustration. That game, Seba put the team on his small frame and led them to a spectacular comeback after being down a few goals in the first half. After that, my love for the team was rekindled and I watched every match to see what kind of wizardry he would perform. That led to three straight playoff appearances and an MLS Cup that capped off a magical 2017 where our side dominated like crazy.

Who knows if we'll get another striker close to his level of talent and capabilities. But we will always have great memories of him and his time here in Toronto.

Ciao Seba!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    We'll see. Right now the league is selling its stars.
    The best players will always leave for Europe and that will not change for a very long time or if ever.

The base has improved drastically, its what makes the league watchable and is what should be measured for growth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    We agree Yohan.
    All the best Seba . . .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His last big goal. In Guadalajara.

The crowd was on him. He had won a couple of free kicks, and yeah, he was diving and whining, and yeah, they were hacking him. They really hated him. Then he completely fools the keeper and rifles it short side. This happened so fast that the crowd didn't realize it was in at first.

His enormous talent is wasted where he is going. It is a shame.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco in my opinion could have been one of the best players up there with the messi’s of the world. Before you think I’ve gone crazy hear me out. I think Juventus and even the Italian coaches in Italy screwed him up . Because of his size Juventus and Italian national team coaches never game him a real chance that his talents deserved. No matter what he did he was always second guessed by Juventus and Italy in general because of his size. He definitely deserved to have been a regular day starter at Juventus and with the Italian national team. He proved he could score when Juventus loaned him to Parma where he had two good seasons scoring an average of about 12 goals each season at Parma , and he did that when he was still in his early 20’s. That may not seem like a lot of goals to average in two seasons but it was Serie A where defence is king. Juventus calls him back only to mainly sit him on the bench again, this definitely played with his mind and probably had an effect on him reaching his full potential. You could see when he came to TFC that this was no ordinary player but a special one, who knows how great he could have been if Juventus and Italy was not so concerned with his size and just let him reach his potential. We witnessed greatness here at TFC and we all were so lucky to have had him grace our pitch for the few years he was here. Like some of my casual soccer fan friends who are just sports fans in general have been telling me the last few days , they said that whenever they thought about TFC the last few years they thought about Giovinco and that’s what he had done at TFC he had become the face of TFC and he will be missed it will take awhile .
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 02-01-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Yeah, some of those goals are OK, eh?
    He really was (is?) a fantastic player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Miller with a poignant remembrance. He gets it.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/giov...al-supporters/
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Mic drop.

Thanks for posting, ensco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE faaaked up. Should have paid the man his worth. He would still be productive in his "twilight years" guaranteed he will produce at his new club.
    Well regardless he'll have fun in Saudi. It's an amazing place. Don't believe in just the negativity you hear online. Otherwise no one would play there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

This article was actually kinda silly, didn't really say anything substantive, and ignored the fact Seba refused to negotiate off his too-high number and basically forced his own way out.

Not sure why Sportsnet even ran it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE didn't want to pay Seba what he deserved but are willing to pay a 34 year old basketball player 22 million dollars , 3 times as much as Seba. Raptors trade for Gasol today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NBA players are the best in the World at what they do. MLS players, not so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    MLSE didn't want to pay Seba what he deserved but are willing to pay a 34 year old basketball player 22 million dollars , 3 times as much as Seba. Raptors trade for Gasol today.
    Do you realize that the NBA has a multi year, billion dollar TV deal?

The economics of the NBA and MLS is like comparing the Earth to Jupiter. No matter how much we want MLSE to throw money at TFC it still has to make financial sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The time will come when Seba is welcomed back by the management to BMO Field and we can all say a proper goodbye.
    It is complicated for the management. The new short promo video for CONCACAF and the new members and season look great, but Seba is written out of it sadly.

Great CONCACAF moments are sown when we beat Tigres (Oso backheel) and Altidore smash against Club America.
    The assists.... both Seba. see (0.16s and 0.44s) but shots are angled so that we don't see him......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolyxApkLj0

We move to the new season ..... Looking forward to it... Glad to see the General back and hoping the team gels together in time. COYRs