Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Full respect to Kamara for being a beast, but watching Giovinco's highlights gives me goosebumps.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nemeth gets GOTY award.

IDGAF - Seba's goal is tops for me, knowing the full story behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto never votes for shit. SKC fanbase out-voted us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Nemeth gets GOTY award.

IDGAF - Seba's goal is tops for me, knowing the full story behind it.
    Seba's was the better goal to my eye. The other goal was great too but I think people were getting sick of Seba so voted for somebody else just because it wasn't Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's bullshit, idk why mls didn't post the percentage of votes, I really want to see what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to remove that shit next year where fans voting decides the winner. Seba's was clearly better.

Also, as for Kamara, most of his goals were cheap tap-ins or headers. he did not even score 1 goal from outside the box. Was he ever mentioned in Goal of the Week this year? Most of his goals are "grunt" goals. He should stfu and stop whinning about the Golden Boot. It's Giovinco's award and rightfully so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Nemeth had the better goal. Pretty clear to me, but I'm discounting circumstance which most of the voters do. That being said they were both phenomenal.

Ah well, seba still has some nice hardware to take home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I thought Nemeth had the better goal. Pretty clear to me, but I'm discounting circumstance which most of the voters do. That being said they were both phenomenal.

Ah well, seba still has some nice hardware to take home.
    Hopefully, Seba will stick around long enough for more accolades, but is it true that he is now appearing more interested in a Barca move? In Italian, he said that teams interest made him "very, very, very happy.....next year, who knows".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Hopefully, Seba will stick around long enough for more accolades, but is it true that he is now appearing more interested in a Barca move? In Italian, he said that teams interest made him "very, very, very happy.....next year, who knows".
    There is no one in the universe who would not be interested if Barca came calling. No one.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The barca door is shut closed (if it was ever there). Im certain that they were looking for a temporary replacement while 85% of their attacking force was out injured. Everybody is back now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There is no one in the universe who would not be interested if Barca came calling. No one.
    He already said NO to barca. It's not like his career has just begun, he has already played at the highest level before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    They need to remove that shit next year where fans voting decides the winner. Seba's was clearly better.
    No doubt. It's not even upsetting for me. It was a pity poll at that point for someone to win something other than Seba. Everyone saw how he tore the league up this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco coming in at 94th on The Guardian's list of the top 100 players in 2015: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...15-interactive

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Giovinco coming in at 94th on The Guardian's list of the top 100 players in 2015: http://www.theguardian.com/football/...15-interactive
    Not sure why they used a picture of him taken right after he ate a spicy curry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio also made FourFourTwo's 2015 top 100 list at (coincidentally) #94...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/...ers-world-2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    Not sure why they used a picture of him taken right after he ate a spicy curry.
    Gio like's his chicken spicy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.football-italia.net/78076...entus%E2%80%99

New quotes from Giovinco. Says he doesn't miss Italy for now, if he were to go back in the future he'd go to Juve, wants to make the Euro squad and says he didn't believe the Barcelona rumors himself at first.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.football-italia.net/78076...entus%E2%80%99

New quotes from Giovinco. Says he doesn't miss Italy for now, if he were to go back in the future he'd go to Juve, wants to make the Euro squad and says he didn't believe the Barcelona rumors himself at first.
    http://as.com/diarioas/2016/01/10/en...23_911829.html

Apparently there was interest from Barca prior to signing with TFC.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess seba is in LA already,i think there is some kinda media day going on today?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was yesterday, before he went all passive aggressive on Klinnsman

Looks like SKC has a plan to deal with Seba - same as NYCFC and others tried.

As a few people said, there's a reason teams like DCU, SJE and SKC had issues near the end of the season - all the strategic fouling they did in March through June became early yellow cards in July through October.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for Feilhaber, he probably SHOULD be called up to USMNT, based on skill. However this recent whiny spree that he's been on, kind of makes me understand what he hasn't been called up.

And he's still too sour grapes that Seba got MVP and he didn't. Saying that a star player of Seba's caliber will struggle more in MLS next year because teams figured him out is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, not going to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Saying that a star player of Seba's caliber will struggle more in MLS next year because teams figured him out is ridiculous.
    I recently thought about writing a sarcastic comment about how MLS will "figure him out" this season and we'll have to trade him away before he loses all his value. Like how people were constantly saying that MLS teams were going to "figure out" Plata and he'd become useless because of how small he is. Unfortunately we ended up with a manager who agreed and sent him packing.

It's hilarious to suggest that teams weren't trying to take him out of games last season as well. Some teams will succeed, and others will fail, or get yellow and red carded to death trying. I'm also quite certain that it's more likely that Giovinco will be better adapted to MLS next year than that MLS will be better prepared to stop him. He's just had a season to figure out how MLS defenders play and how to beat them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^ yup.
    Giovinco wasn't at all the player he is when he first arrived... It was clear that he was "lost" the first few games.
    It's silly to think that professional soccer teams didn't try to do everything and anything possible to stop Seba after April. This year, I hope TFC can be more prepared for it, and capitalize on the fact that the only way to stop him is either foul him, or crowd around him with 3 defenders (which didn't work for NYRB, btw).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ^^^^ yup.
    Giovinco wasn't at all the player he is when he first arrived... It was clear that he was "lost" the first few games.
    It's silly to think that professional soccer teams didn't try to do everything and anything possible to stop Seba after April. This year, I hope TFC can be more prepared for it, and capitalize on the fact that the only way to stop him is either foul him, or crowd around him with 3 defenders (which didn't work for NYRB, btw).
    For long term success with Giovinco our #2 striker needs put in a good shift every game as we cant have Giovinco be assaulted every game.

Even if Giovinco draws fouls he is going to get a beating and will wear down by year end, Altidore needs to have a much bigger presence on the pitch this year and needs to put in more work to force other players to mark him more aggressively, he has the muscle to take the load off of Gio.
    Last edited by Richard; 01-21-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now this one was funny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking about this one

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35422217

Beckham was bigger in marketing terms, but the Seba signing may be the greatest value signing in MLS history. We now have a direct comparable, with a transfer cost of GBP 25M!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”