Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

seriously though, i don't expect much from this match. DC united have been in incredible form at home.
    the only positives i can see at the moment are when i take a look at their injury list:

OUT: F Fabian Espindola
    OUT: F Luis Silva
    OUT: M Nick DeLeon
    OUT: M Michael Farfan

that's a good chunk of their teams firepower. not to mention the fact that they barely grinded out a win against philly.
    if we get a draw, i'd be absolutely thrilled.

that's the thing. DCU hasn't been very good, but they've been grinding out points. better lucky than good, I suppose
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it's a hybrid formation because Giovinco and Bradley drops deep so often. because of this, I thought 4-1-3-1-1 explains better than 4-4-2 diamond.
    The front two would normally be described as a duo, not him offset, as he doesn't drop into the hole constantly, he plays high up more often and gets the ball in the wide channel between the mid and winger. So it's a 4-1-3-2.

I personally think it's more a 4-1-2-1-2, a diamond. Giovinco doesn't drop that often.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The front two would normally be described as a duo, not him offset, as he doesn't drop into the hole constantly, he plays high up more often and gets the ball in the wide channel between the mid and winger. So it's a 4-1-3-2.

I personally think it's more a 4-1-2-1-2, a diamond. Giovinco doesn't drop that often.
    Giovinco seems to drop back more whenever Bradley drops deep
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're unbeaten at home this season though. It's going to be very difficult.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Aparicio gets to make a sub debut soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Even though he wouldn't be starting I miss Silva.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Perhaps I am misunderstanding something but I'm pretty sure we have been playing 4-4-2 the last few games with Bradley at the top of a diamond midfield. So why does a 4-4-2 not maximize Giovinco?
    Sorry, flat 4-4-2 versus diamond 4-4-2 was what I understood we were debating. I was using 4-4-2 to mean flat. Some are saying 4-1-2-1-2 to describe the diamond also.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-02-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    I hope Aparicio gets to make a sub debut soon.
    I think he has the potential but an appearance would be unlikely. While he did well against man city, he has been inconsistent in usl. Doesn't even start for TFc 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aparicio is the guy that's down on loan at TFC II for the season. He can't be re-called.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

seriously though, i don't expect much from this match. DC united have been in incredible form at home.
    the only positives i can see at the moment are when i take a look at their injury list:

OUT: F Fabian Espindola
    OUT: F Luis Silva
    OUT: M Nick DeLeon
    OUT: M Michael Farfan

that's a good chunk of their teams firepower. not to mention the fact that they barely grinded out a win against philly.
    if we get a draw, i'd be absolutely thrilled.

Chris Rolfe may very well end up suspended for a kick out he gave a player on the weekend with his studs that was not caught by the ref. You never know if the disciplinary committee will step in on that one. He may just get one game though which would be their weekday game. Maybe they will add to your list on Wednesday. Who knows. I think we have a decent shot though at the game on the weekend even with Bradley away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Sorry, flat 4-4-2 versus diamond 4-4-2 was what I understood we were debating. I was using 4-4-2 to mean flat. Some are saying 4-1-2-1-2 to describe the diamond also.
    OK, understood, no worries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Chris Rolfe may very well end up suspended for a kick out he gave a player on the weekend with his studs that was not caught by the ref. You never know if the disciplinary committee will step in on that one. He may just get one game though which would be their weekday game. Maybe they will add to your list on Wednesday. Who knows. I think we have a decent shot though at the game on the weekend even with Bradley away.
    One game suspension just came down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So in essence he's rested for us. Oh well....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven Goff@SoccerInsider 3m3 minutes ago
    Espindola & Silva training full out, Olsen says. Return to active duty soon. Kemp out 7-10 days. Farfan longer term

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro 14m14 minutes ago
    Vanney says Bloom and Bendik available for selection on Saturday. Warner questionabl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep Konopka in there. Don't mess with a winning streak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro 14m14 minutes ago
    Vanney says Bloom and Bendik available for selection on Saturday. Warner questionabl
    Nice to see Bloom, finally, available!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather we stick with the winning formula. Morgan at LB and Morrow at RB, with Konopka in net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Konopka stays in net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to see a guy lose his spot to injury but Konopka has played really well and the team is starting to really gel. I say keep Konopka in net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one that sees this... Bendik sucks at a lot of things as a goal keeper. He does not commad his box very well, cant kick the ball for shit and is shorter than Konopka Konopka should be #1 he's way better than Bendik period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Am I the only one that sees this... Bendik sucks at a lot of things as a goal keeper. He does not commad his box very well, cant kick the ball for shit and is shorter than Konopka Konopka should be #1 he's way better than Bendik period.
    I don't think Bendik sucks, not for this league anyway. He has good concentration and can regularly come through with some good reaction saves. He might not save points for us as regularly as some of the better keepers in this league do, but he won't outright have major blunder the same way even guys like Hamid, Johnson and Robles will every few games.

Small sample size but I think Konopka is better too. above average in this league at a number of things.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Konopka should be number one until the next 2 games in a week.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by akoto View Post
    I hate to see a guy lose his spot to injury but Konopka has played really well and the team is starting to really gel. I say keep Konopka in net.
    yeah that's tough, but not like the first time it happened here.....Frei losing out to Bendik, ironically......

no a few here see it the same way......although he was quite rusty in his first game, I saw things in Konopka straight away that to me Bendik didn't offer......

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I don't think Bendik sucks, not for this league anyway. He has good concentration and can regularly come through with some good reaction saves. He might not save points for us as regularly as some of the better keepers in this league do, but he won't outright have major blunder the same way even guys like Hamid, Johnson and Robles will every few games.

Small sample size but I think Konopka is better too. above average in this league at a number of things.
    fair enough, but the number of times that say a keeper will need to claim a ball in the box off a cross/corner or challenge a shooter by coming off the line in a game (something Konopka is waaaaay better at imo) should be more than the number of times they need to make a save.......and imo Konopka is no better/worse at that........besides, I don't really qualify "good shot stopper" as a characteristic for a good keeper......to me that is the minimum requirement......to be able to make a save.....otherwise why are they playing keeper?.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of glad that this is an away game. Wouldn't be able to attend it due to a wedding I gotta go to. Let's go REDS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post

I'd argue that he almost always gives up at least one piss poor goal per game though. Thusly, why he has so few clean sheets. From that I question his concentration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody is guaranteed a starting position and there's always someone else competing for your spot. That's just the way it goes with this sport and many others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I'm kind of glad that this is an away game. Wouldn't be able to attend it due to a wedding I gotta go to. Let's go REDS!!!
    We are off to a wedding too. Will PVR the first women's FIFA match then the TFC match.
    Sunday should be a good day to recover from the wedding and watch what we missed on Saturday.
    [PS. must remember NOT to listen to any scores from Saturday night!]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah!!! good strategy!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'd argue that he almost always gives up at least one piss poor goal per game though. Thusly, why he has so few clean sheets. From that I question his concentration.
    Agreed. Konopka has been far more consistent. I would go as far as to suggest that we lost at least a couple of points during the season opening road trip because Bendik let in soft goals.