Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    conte not giving Gio a call for italy is purely based on him not respecting the MLS. the guy is a better player some of the players included in that Italy squad.
    Agree 100 percent. I also think Juve might have pulled it off today with Seba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't look now, but we're 3rd overall in the league in PPG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    Agree 100 percent. I also think Juve might have pulled it off today with Seba
    nope.
    they have messi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gio is seriously looking to be the equivalent of Messi in this league.

It's scary... but our hero might have arrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    nope.
    they have messi.
    Messi didn't do much in today's game.

Gio would have been a good sub. Tevez had a poor game. His energy would have been great at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Can I just point out that the heart design actually incorporates the old flag of Scarborough that was used in that city prior to amalgamation. Just had to get that off my chest...

But as for the win tonight, I personally didn't get a chance to see any of it, but I was pretty confident a win was in our reach. I was actually at the track betting on American Pharaoh to take the Triple Crown, so the whole night came together pretty nicely for me.

Anyway, great result for TFC and I will have to catch the highlights ASAP. Gio is the real deal. He's definitely shaping up to be the most effective player we've ever had at this club.
    We are all just the "6" now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik IN please. We saw in Konopka's first start that he seemed to have trouble determining when to come out for the ball and also with actually following through with catching/punching it out and he showed it again today. >1 instances in two separate games makes me think it's not just a fluke and it may cost us a goal in the future. Bendik has his faults but he is much better in this regard.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to watch the game tonight, but really enjoyed those highlights! I'm having a bit of trouble adjusting to the idea of Toronto being successful and exciting. Doesn't seem real somehow. Giovinco is exactly the sort of player I've dreamed of seeing play for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I love everybody
    Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    don't think we're letting konopka off the hook for fumbling TWO balls.

i know the punchline writes itself there..
    Time to transition to phase two of newly successful team. "This league blows! We are da best!"

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to see shambolic goaltending, watch the Philly/NYC highlights! Konopka is all-star calibre in comparison. Interestingly, TFC is the only team in the Eastern Conference that has a positive Road Goal Differential at the present time.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal beat the Krew tonight, also helping TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had DCU gettting this 2-1, staggering result for TFC. I was at a Detroit City game, had to sit down when I saw Seba had the go-ahead goal. Absolutely overcome with emotion.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 06-06-2015 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Konopka looked a little shaky today, although there's no way Bendick starts over him. Every player has their off game, so Konopka should stay in net until he concedes a few bad goals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Montreal beat the Krew tonight, also helping TFC.
    I am concerned about that home game against them on St Jean Baptiste Night. Mind you, I was concerned about this match...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and for the dude who said Giovinco isn't getting along with people.

Go watch the celebration after his second goal. He ALWAYS goes off a bit and does an uppercut. Then see how Altidore makes a point of going up to him not only once with everybody else but then afterwards.

These guys are in sync.

And, from Jozy's twitter tonight

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the "Game in 5" highlights, and actually burst out laughing at how Giovinco was just taking DC apart, and could have had 4 goals but for an inch here and there. This guy is the best player in MLS.

Konopka had a couple of brain farts again, but otherwise played well, and they thankfully didn't cost us.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our best stretch ever, for sure.

What do you discuss, when there is nothing to say? Giovinco's impact out there is unreal.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-06-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a day for Football a great CL final , Canada grinding out a win v China, Montreal beating Columbus, and of course TFC winning and maybe playing there best road game in some time. Gio is just awesome, Chapman looks to be the real deal, the things he can learn from watching GIO, along with Osorio, Morrow was a mini Dani Alves out there. My only concern was Our goalie but I guess that happens. I seemed pretty hot down in DC tonite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I'll take Seba and Altidore everyday of the week over Defoe and Gilberto.

What a difference.

Gotta say the additions of Perquis and Cheyrou have been nothing short of amazing as well.

Bez really put the right pieces together this off season. Enough for me to hope that he'll be with this team as GM for a long time. Managing the team/players with the proper depth with this league's cap at $3.5M is not easy. Moore, Warner, Osorio, Morrow are key pieces on good/fair MLS salaries.

Our crop of young players are looking decent as well.

The future looks bright people!
    While i'm not ready to praise anyone after 12 games - Giovinco was a fantastic choice for a DP slot. Even Altidore. With the 3 DP'S up top locked in long term, and guys like Hamilton only 20 and learning on the bench i'm pretty content with the offence. Altidore-Giovinco probably better then every duo in MLS including Martins-Dempsey and only after 12 games.

This team only has to focus on rounding out the roster the next few years and can really focus on player development without having to rush anyone. We're in a great position!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a game! Probably the best stretch of games I've seen our team play. Just beautiful.

I'm the one that commented on the lack of teammates celebrating on Gio's first, so I will gladly admit my mistake and take it back after having seen the second, when he was swarmed by teammates. Love to see that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Osorio is aware of the GMs scouting for his eventual replacement. He is a serviceable MLS midfielder, but has so many flaws in his game, making him expendable. No other team in the league would start him.

You complained when they got rid of Silva. No material difference in skill. Plus Oso is ours. We should be supporting him
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-07-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Osorio is great at playing the ball backwards... really is not able to take on defenders an attack. He's not an attacking type of player... he's a serviceable player and that's it. He's a good back up midfielder and that's pretty much how there using him with Bradley unable to go.
    He has very good vision and now and then makes excellent passes. Why are we dumping all over our homegrown talent? Sheesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

conte not giving Gio a call for italy is purely based on him not respecting the MLS. the guy is a better player some of the players included in that Italy squad.
    He would have looked good against Barca today.....

with everyone keying on him now, it's a good moment for him to revert to passing more, like he did before Vanney told him to shoot.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 06-07-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso!!! Played a great game again, moved the ball fluidly and really is starting to look like an important piece in this lineup. Gio was amazing as always, and Warner needs to be in every game when healthy. Cheyrou stepped up, controlled well and distributed passes perfectly! This is starting to look like a TEAM, with ball control and movement I have never seen from TFC in the past. This is so nice to watch, easy on the eyes, and such a contrast to some of the previous matches where the ball goes out of bounds a hundred times a game because of bad passes. Love that they are starting to gel, and there is obvious chemistry! Keep it up boys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Oso!!! Played a great game again, moved the ball fluidly and really is starting to look like an important piece in this lineup. Gio was amazing as always, and Warner needs to be in every game when healthy. Cheyrou stepped up, controlled well and distributed passes perfectly! This is starting to look like a TEAM, with ball control and movement I have never seen from TFC in the past. This is so nice to watch, easy on the eyes, and such a contrast to some of the previous matches where the ball goes out of bounds a hundred times a game because of bad passes. Love that they are starting to gel, and there is obvious chemistry! Keep it up boys!
    yep! The overall play not just from TFC but overall in the league has gone to another level. I can notice a huge difference as well. I can actually watch an entire game this year something I couldn't do last season... though watching Jackson sail a ball a million feet over the net sucks but MLS will start to weasel these players out of the league in the next few years as the league improves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Our best stretch ever, for sure.

What do you discuss, when there is nothing to say? Giovinco's impact out there is unreal.
    Weird isn't it? TFC as a contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I'll take Seba and Altidore everyday of the week over Defoe and Gilberto!
    You just gotta believe!!! I believe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can somebody please explain to me why vanny is wearing skinny jeans lol
    Welcome to modern fashion? Are you still in 1997?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Welcome to modern fashion? Are you still in 1997?
    i'm showing up to the next home game wearing a visor like this just because you said that.
    edit: the files called asshat.jpg - fantastic!

Last edited by __wowza; 06-07-2015 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i'm showing up to the next home game wearing a visor like this just because you said that.

are upside down visors the new seat cushions?