Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    He would have looked good against Barca today.....

with everyone keying on him now, it's a good moment for him to revert to passing more, like he did before Vanney told him to shoot.
    It didn't look like everyone keying in on Giovinco slowed him down at all! Given that Giovinco only needs about 2 feet of space to work his magic it's hard to see how even having two defenders man-mark him would do opposition teams any benefit, in fact it would ruin their defensive shape (giving opportunities to Bradley and Altidore) while Seba would still score goals!

Think about it, Vanney has created a winning formula and you want to change it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    are upside down visors the new seat cushions?
    if you think i'd throw my modrobes visor onto the pitch you're nuts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only downside

We got 13 days to wait for the next game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    What a day for Football a great CL final , Canada grinding out a win v China, Montreal beating Columbus, and of course TFC winning and maybe playing there best road game in some time. Gio is just awesome, Chapman looks to be the real deal, the things he can learn from watching GIO, along with Osorio, Morrow was a mini Dani Alves out there. My only concern was Our goalie but I guess that happens. I seemed pretty hot down in DC tonite.
    Also in the good news for Canada yesterday department: Larin scored a important and cracking late beauty for Orlando last night, too. He is really something.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson was the only player that looked terrible in this game.. He's just 1 of those players you cringe when you see him with the ball at his feet on a 3 on 1... You just know there's a good chance the guy will make a poor decision and waste the chance. His soccer IQ is very poor at times... Thank god vanny finally put hagglund on the bench.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 06-07-2015 at 07:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damien perquis24 ‏@damienperquis24 19m19 minutes ago There is nothing better than beating the leader away - Washington DC- @Torontofc: 1-2. We continue, we progress !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I just quickly browsed Perquis' twitter, chuckled at the May 25 tweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fantastic road win......Konopka was dreadful.....but I think that was a one off.....there's nothing to say about Giovinco......just watch and admire.....great dummy by Altidore.....good to see he's back to match fit so quickly.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, and for the dude who said Giovinco isn't getting along with people.

Go watch the celebration after his second goal. He ALWAYS goes off a bit and does an uppercut. Then see how Altidore makes a point of going up to him not only once with everybody else but then afterwards.

These guys are in sync.

And, from Jozy's twitter tonight

Giovinco just carries a personality, that most people over the age of 35 wouldn't be comfortable with. He is a "bad boy". someone that lets their "Nuts hang" you can see it in his play style. The type of player I have begged this club to sign since its inceptions we use to run guys like this out of town.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i'm showing up to the next home game wearing a visor like this just because you said that.
    edit: the files called asshat.jpg - fantastic!

Hahaha this is amazing. Add in some excessively wide jeans and an arsenal jersey. You're set.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    fantastic road win......Konopka was dreadful.....but I think that was a one off.....there's nothing to say about Giovinco......just watch and admire.....great dummy by Altidore.....good to see he's back to match fit so quickly.....
    yea Konopka had a bad game. He has trouble dealing with crosses coming into the box but i'd still take him over bendik.. As a goal keeper the first thing they teach you is to cover the corner post whenever the player is attacking from the left or right of the post. yet i've seen bendik let in so many near post goals. the difference is bendik lets is soft goals and he reacts shaky when ever the defenders pass the ball back to him under pressure... both got their faults but i'd still go with Konopka based on the fact he hasn't let in many goals. he's basically only giving up 1 goal a game.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 06-07-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This forum will now have less posts due to the fact that TFC are winning and there's not much to complain about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It's official: we are running out of things to complain about.
    God this is so true.
    Both exhilarating and frustrating as shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope we go all out to address the shortcomings of the roster in the summer transfer window. I think we could be a CB and a winger away from being a legitimate contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Welcome to modern fashion? Are you still in 1997?
    Skinny jeans are soo 2010.

Vanney looks like a soccer dad out there with his awful fashion.

^^^my only complaint of the game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the question is how long does it last before the Toronto sport curse kicks in. nobody can actually tell me "the classic Toronto sports melt down" is not in the back of their mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Skinny jeans are soo 2010.

Vanney looks like a soccer dad out there with his awful fashion.

^^^my only complaint of the game.
    lol the guy is too old to be wearing those jeans.. fitted jeans is fine for someone his age but the guy was wearing skinny jean with his shirt tucked in hahaha.. i feel sorry for the guys standing behind him lol
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 06-07-2015 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Giovinco just carries a personality, that most people over the age of 35 wouldn't be comfortable with. He is a "bad boy". someone that lets their "Nuts hang" you can see it in his play style. The type of player I have begged this club to sign since its inceptions we use to run guys like this out of town.
    Good Lord, what the fuck are you on about? Half this board is over 35, dude, and I don't think anyone finds him "bad boy" at all. Devoted father, good team guy, hangs out in Little Italy. And who like this did we "run out of town"?

In fact, who like this outside of Thierry Henry has existed in this league. Maybe Schellotto in his second-to-last season.

LOL, I know some pretty "bad boy" sixty-year-old bikers who would love to discuss ageism with you!

I know, you didn't really mean it that way dude, I'm just having fun. But on the point, really, who else has even come close to this in MLS. You can count it on one hand and have fingers left over. Could we have done it sooner? Not sure enough big names had come into the league by then to attract someone like Seba.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also in the good news for Canada yesterday department: Larin scored a important and cracking late beauty for Orlando last night, too. He is really something.
    Larin's goal was amazing. Swerved about sixty degrees in the last 10 feet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Larin's goal was amazing. Swerved about sixty degrees in the last 10 feet.
    really looking forward to watching him and Tesho play together

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vanny wanted to be like him

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Good Lord, what the fuck are you on about? Half this board is over 35, dude, and I don't think anyone finds him "bad boy" at all. Devoted father, good team guy, hangs out in Little Italy. And who like this did we "run out of town"?

In fact, who like this outside of Thierry Henry has existed in this league. Maybe Schellotto in his second-to-last season.

LOL, I know some pretty "bad boy" sixty-year-old bikers who would love to discuss ageism with you!

I know, you didn't really mean it that way dude, I'm just having fun. But on the point, really, who else has even come close to this in MLS. You can count it on one hand and have fingers left over. Could we have done it sooner? Not sure enough big names had come into the league by then to attract someone like Seba.
    i don't what the hell he was talking about either haha i guess tattoos on arms = bad boys to the older folks lol. there is no bad boy type of player on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to rant but I just have to sing Giovinco's praises here, not that anyone needs any convincing

He's such a special player and I really hope that our young players, and even veterans such as Bradley can learn from the little things he does that make him such a complete player.

It's so rare in this league to see such technical ability combined with instinct, intelligence and drive.

His second goal last night was a perfect example of his awareness of putting the opposition on the wrong foot. If you look at the view from behind the net, it seems his only option is to shoot to the keepers left or lay it off, but in a split second he shoots to the keepers right and took everyone by surprise. I've heard commentators say "maybe the keeper should have had that", but it's because he starts sending them the other way and this is why he can beat them from 30 yards. His balance and change of direction is incredible and he uses it to his full advantage.

One thing I've learned from watching TFC, is that if you're a star attacking player, you don't need to participate when we don't have possesion. I mean you're too good to do that "dirty work" right (I'm talking to you Osorio). That's just for our lowly defenders right? ...Wrong. With the exception of Cheyrou, Giovinco out hustles our entire team defensively. And this is what I hope our yong players can learn from him. You play when we have the ball and you play when the other team has the ball. Credit Vanney too for finally realizing this.

Anyways thanks for letting me rant, I could go on and on but I'll leave it there for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Well I just quickly browsed Perquis' twitter, chuckled at the May 25 tweet.
    Gotta love those cleanshits

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    What a game! Probably the best stretch of games I've seen our team play. Just beautiful.

I'm the one that commented on the lack of teammates celebrating on Gio's first, so I will gladly admit my mistake and take it back after having seen the second, when he was swarmed by teammates. Love to see that.
    Yeh, I thought that there was a bit of confusion when he scored, with maybe half the side having a mind to get on with it and go for the win; we had only drawn level, remember. Once we took the lead, you saw the difference, there.

Also, I agree with what many here have said, already: he's just got a certain intensity to his game; livid, when a play breaks down.. but, then, I've seen him most EVERYtime catch himself and either applaud the effort or offering a firm thumbs-up. A lot of times, too, he tries to fire up his team mates, which appears like he's barking at them.. but, I've once or twice noticed that, if said player is within close proximity, he'll accompany that with an "encouraging" smack on the rear—high-five, etc.

Everyone has been going out of their way, at every opportunity, to paint Gio in a positive light (always smiling/joking/etc.); I really wouldn't read too much into this.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Saw this, as well, and was absolutely ecstatic. Really happy for how he's been doing and that he's taking advantage of the chance he's been given, as I've feared that Orlando will be looking to add some star power in his position, and his good form, now, will go a long way towards making sure he remains in the conversation (at the least).

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    the question is how long does it last before the Toronto sport curse kicks in. nobody can actually tell me "the classic Toronto sports melt down" is not in the back of their mind.
    Is.. is this a real post. Speechless on this one, man. Wow.

On the game: bellissimo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed Cheyrou continue to be a leader. As soon as Chapman came into the game, Cheyrou gave him encouragement. I just hope at 34 years old he can last 2 more lol. Hopefully we can get a young player to mirror him in the bottom of the diamond. Whether we have that person(s) (Delgado/Mannella?) or someone from TFC II, this is a great learning opportunity for them. Not to mention he could probably do with some game rotation with all the games we have coming up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    I noticed Cheyrou continue to be a leader. As soon as Chapman came into the game, Cheyrou gave him encouragement. I just hope at 34 years old he can last 2 more lol. Hopefully we can get a young player to mirror him in the bottom of the diamond. Whether we have that person(s) (Delgado/Mannella?) or someone from TFC II, this is a great learning opportunity for them. Not to mention he could probably do with some game rotation with all the games we have coming up.
    Yeah right now he is the glue guy back there, I don't think anyone could replace him on this roster as he brings so much experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... both got their faults but i'd still go with Konopka based on the fact he hasn't let in many goals. he's basically only giving up 1 goal a game.
    The defensive looks more confident and organized in front of knopka - I don't think that's a coincidence.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol the guy is too old to be wearing those jeans.. fitted jeans is fine for someone his age but the guy was wearing skinny jean with his shirt tucked in hahaha.. i feel sorry for the guys standing behind him lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    Those aren't skinny jeans..those like nice and fitted actually. It's the awful decision to pair it with that ugly but lucky shirt. A TFC Polo would look nice with those pants.

Umm sorry but there's not much to say about the game or the team...we're pretty good.