Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get where you are coming from but its just not going to happen. This is a warm up for the equivalent of the Euro's. And the US REALLY wants to win the Gold Cup this time. The rivalry between the USMNT and the El Tri is reaching something like Scotland vs England, even with a shared language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I get where you are coming from but its just not going to happen. This is a warm up for the equivalent of the Euro's. And the US REALLY wants to win the Gold Cup this time. The rivalry between the USMNT and the El Tri is reaching something like Scotland vs England, even with a shared language.
    I get that. I'm just like a spoiled kid throwing a tantrum on this one - hate it, hate it, hate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Club before country, he should politely decline it's a friendly game FFS
    I am all about country over club, but for a fucking friendly????? Fuck that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am all about country over club, but for a fucking friendly????? Fuck that.
    I don't care about him leaving for a friendly. I care about him leaving for EVERY friendly... If the have a friendly against Guatemala's B team they would call out Bradley.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    I don't care about him leaving for a friendly. I care about him leaving for EVERY friendly... If the have a friendly against Guatemala's B team they would call out Bradley.
    He did declined a callup for Landon's final match last October with the Reds important showdown the next night at the Red Bulls.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.....

From Molinaro's article today. http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-t...league-soccer/

What’s interesting is that the match against the Dutch doesn’t fall on an official FIFA international date, which means, technically, Toronto doesn’t have to release Bradley. Did TFC consider not letting Bradley go for the Netherlands game?“There was a lot of thought and ongoing discussion, and it wasn’t until the final hour that things worked out the way they did. It is what it is,” Vanney said.
    Vanney explained there were talks between TFC and U.S. soccer officials about the situation before the MLS club agreed to release Bradley.
    “The timing of the (Dutch) game is poor because there’s a (FIFA) window and if the game was in the window then it would be very clear for everybody. … It’s one of those situations where everybody is working together for a solution,” Vanney explained.

A deal of some sort?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.....

From Molinaro's article today. http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-t...league-soccer/

A deal of some sort?
    I bet you are right. I noted this elsewhere - US Gold Cup games are Honduras on July 7 in Dallas, July 10 v Honduras in Foxboro, Jul 13 vs Panama in KC.

TFC play on July 12 at NYCFC.

If the US don't need that Panama game to advance, which they probably won't, maybe one or both of Bradley and Altidore could skip the flight to KC for the Panama game and drive down to our game down the road vs NYCFC?

From TFC's POV, the DCU game Saturday has a lower expected value (ie points are tougher to get in this one) than the one at NYCFC has.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-02-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I bet you are right. I noted this elsewhere - US Gold Cup games are Honduras on July 7 in Dallas, July 10 v Honduras in Foxboro, Jul 13 vs Panama in KC.

TFC play on July 12 at NYCFC.

If the US don't need that Panama game to advance, which they probably won't, maybe one or both of Bradley and Altidore could skip the flight to KC for the Panama game and drive down to our game down the road vs NYCFC?

From TFC's POV, the DCU game Saturday has a lower expected value (ie points are tougher to get in this one) than the one at NYCFC has.
    That seems way too risky from the U.S. point of view though. Imagine the criticism if either of them got injured in our match!

I'm looking more towards the next FIFA dates after the Gold Cup: August 31st through September 8th and October 5th through 13th. For the first window we have an away game against Seattle on September 5th, and the second we have a home game against NYRB one day after the window, the 14th, and that would be our 3rd last game of the season. If the U.S. schedules any friendlies for these windows I'd be looking at those two games as the ones where we might be able to hold onto Bradley & Jozy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor contretemps on the Guardian Live Match Blog as Guardian reporter says

Bradley’s a class act, isn’t he? Don’t know why he’s back in Toronto: he should be playing in one of Europe’s top leagues.

Followed by

Here’s Daniel Strauss:
    I’m going to stop following your MBM after reading your suggestion at 22 minutes that Michael Bradley is wasting his time in MLS, rather than playing in a “top European league”.
    As an American who is enthusiastic about the development of the sport here in the US, this is a perfect example of the disdainful disregard that gets US fans so irate. The game is growing by leaps and bounds here every year, thanks in no small part to players like Michael Bradley who choose to come and increase the overall talent of the league.
    “It’s clear by your comment that you either don’t know anything about MLS or don’t really care to know anything about it. It’s a tired old cliche, and it’s becoming a less and less tenable cliche every week. Anyway, that’s why I’m closing this MBM. Thank you

I’m enthusiastic about it too! I love MLS. I just think Bradley is a really, really excellent player. He could play for Liverpool or Inter or Dortmund!

And then

In the interests of balance, here’s Rob Coughlin:
    I’m calling foul on my fellow American Mr Strauss. I hang with a big group of soccer junkies over here, and not one of us wants our top players to play in MLS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hit the post in the first half.

Yanks currently 2-1 down. Zadres for them. Huntelaar x2 for ze dutch.

Edit: Make that 3-1, Huntelaar with the hat-trick
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 06-05-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice second assist from Bradley on Brooks' goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Nice second assist from Bradley on Brooks' goal.
    Just, WOW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a game...4 to 3 for us...MB was a beast today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man The General is a player, fights for it all 90 minutes. It is a treat to watch him perform for the Reds and the USMNT. Today is another example of the level of player TFC has.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the US Being Scotland?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Bradley, can't say enough about this guy and his desire. For all those that continue to question him needlessly, you need to sit back and just enjoy his talent level. So happy that we have him on our team.

http://gfycat.com/HorribleSpanishBluebird# <- Perfectly placed ball which led to the goal.

http://gfycat.com/OddballDirtyGazelle <- What a run.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hail to the General. Michael fights to keep the ball alive, slips a great ball to Jordan Morris, who finds a streaking Wood in the area. Wow. US comes back to win 4-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking more and more like his old self. No foot problems and playing similar roles for both club & country seems to be paying off well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael goes on 50-yard solo run, sets up stunning goal for the US. Watch the video of the game winning goal, he took his team on his back.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-stuns-netherlands-with-90th-minute-goal-2015-6

Here is where he started from

Here is where he finished it

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 06-05-2015 at 04:50 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's great and all but I would love it if he didn't excerpt himself so much in these friendlies. I don't want him burned out when we need him the most, I have to wonder how long he can keep doing this, especially for a box to box guy who has so much mileage already.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dude is Forrest Gump. He's just going to keep running until he decides to stop.

Everybody has said it - can't stop him from being out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watching the second half on MUTV now jeez Bradley is a beast. No question hes completely healed from the foor procedure.

Seriously i still can't believe we have someone like him captaining our squad. Hes just another level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I refuse to believe that Bradley won't bring a trophy to this city. Fuckin stud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I refuse to believe that Bradley won't bring a trophy to this city. Fuckin stud.
    Agreed.

Hes by far the best player we've ever had on this roster. Gio is in the same level which makes it even more crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behold!

The Bradley run in all it's glory: http://gfycat.com/OddballDirtyGazelle

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just seeing this now.

In Amsterdam.

I am speechless.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a cliche but MB was in a beast mode in the 2nd half of that game. That is a player enjoying his football right now.

I feel the need to send his foot doctor a gift basket.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    It's a cliche but MB was in a beast mode in the 2nd half of that game. That is a player enjoying his football right now.

I feel the need to send his foot doctor a gift basket.
    If I were american I would have the biggest soccerection right now. What a gutsy win.

Go to the bar. Go to her and tell the others.