Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should ML$E tarp off the new deck

with the first few games drawing 15-20k actually in the building, should the club tarp off the new deck so there is a better atmosphere. Rewatched the game on PVR, and the east stands look as full as a impact game right now.
    I'm all for more leg room, but my section was less than half full last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if the team keeps playing the way they are then more and more people will come out to games at the stadium. Another problem is how ML$E priced the new stands, I wouldn't pay that much for those seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stadium will fill up a lot better during no rain days. Yesterday was actually quite awesome (given the weather) attendance wise. Not worried about the empty seats at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 05-31-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17k yesterday was amazing considering the storms that rolled through the GTA before the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener(in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.
    Couldn't agree more. MLSE is always jumping the gun on pricing. They just can't help themsleves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    17k yesterday was amazing considering the storms that rolled through the GTA before the game.
    Over the years , "Rain Games" (and there have been many) are the best atmosphere. Don't care about the numbers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    no, they should put the prices at $20 like the "bradley" code deals for the opener(in the upper deck. It was full. It's mlse's greed that's shooting them in the foot. It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together. The south end is always full, why? Because the market accpets that as a fair price. Price the second deck fairly and it will be full, simple.
    Truer words..

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Over the years , "Rain Games" (and there have been many) are the best atmosphere. Don't care about the numbers.
    Co-sign; something about the resiliency of the remaining "few" really amps things up, and I think everyone looks around and answers the call of duty to make up for those gone missing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    it is really interesting how rain games are the best.

my take is that only those that really want to be there are there.
    and bring it in spite of the conditions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    it is really interesting how rain games are the best.

my take is that only those that really want to be there are there.
    and bring it in spite of the conditions.

Something about rain people go mental for. Also some of the best comeback wins have been in the rain @ bmo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will ever forget the great goals by Weids and Jonathan in the rain. But to be honest in regards to tarps, I am sure a bunch of tickets have been sold up there, so I just do not see them being able to do it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If they sold seasons up there they can't tarp it without moving the people.

They could do a New England thing. Move the 220's to the east side so it looks full for the cameras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They just need to bring down the price make it like $5 and it'll be full all the time

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its only hurts the atmosphere on TV. There are usually a couple of big blocks of people. Give it time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly never even look at the East Stands during the game. Way to much awesome going on in the South Stands and the pitch lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at some games from other teams, and other leagues around the world. There are lots of better teams and better leagues that have smaller crowds. Not something I'm worried about.

I'm sure MLSE isn't too happy about it though. No way they'll tarp part of the stands, that would be a huge admission of failure, after having just expanded the stadium.

As others have mentioned, there are more sold seats up there than we can see in attendance. Let's see how things develop with better results, and better weather in the summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can easily see some 25K plus crowds during the summer, especially during the EX and with all the games in August. Seba is really starting to cause some buzz. No worries here.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ownership has nobody to blame but themselves. Seattle is still pulling in crowds in excess of 40,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much are the tickets? I honestly expected them to be in the $20 range.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Stadium will fill up a lot better during no rain days. Yesterday was actually quite awesome (given the weather) attendance wise. Not worried about the empty seats at all
    I agree. I was shocked that many people showed up. I bet we average 25ish if we keep winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    nice to see them actually announce something closer to the attendance rather than ticket sales (considering they have 20k season tix)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tarp it off just yet. Better weather plus more games like the one yesterday and we'll be looking at 25-27k in no time. This town is begging to get behind a winning team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As other's have stated, there are already ssh and individual seats sold up there. I sat there for the first game against Houston. People next to me were new ssh. Seats have been sold in all sections and price levels for all games this year. ticketmaster says "not many left" for the NYCFC and Impact games on their site. I assume tickets are scarce for those games. There were probably 2-3k in the new deck for yesterdays game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You hit the nail on the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkokoFC View Post
    I think if the team keeps playing the way they are then more and more people will come out to games at the stadium. Another problem is how ML$E priced the new stands, I wouldn't pay that much for those seats

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not going to tarp it off the first season its open.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    As other's have stated, there are already ssh and individual seats sold up there. I sat there for the first game against Houston. People next to me were new ssh. Seats have been sold in all sections and price levels for all games this year. ticketmaster says "not many left" for the NYCFC and Impact games on their site. I assume tickets are scarce for those games. There were probably 2-3k in the new deck for yesterdays game.
    I read that too and now have a problem.

"Not Many Left" for a Wednesday night game left my eyebrows permanently raised. Can't wait to see what that actually looks like on TV.

I would hope that they aren't creating artificial scarcity by only selling the more expensive seats to those that actually do want to see the team for the first or second time. Guess we'll see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new upper deck on the east side is priced completely different than the one of the west side. In some cases the comparable seats are three prices category. They may have missed on the pricing somewhat here, just like they did for the first season of the north stand, which was mostly empty until it was adjusted to a lower price. Time will tell for sure, but no way it gets tarped over regardless of the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    nice to see them actually announce something closer to the attendance rather than ticket sales (considering they have 20k season tix)
    I was a bit surprised by that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The number or people in that upper deck will always be a subject for discussion but here is my take:

Between the number people on the concourse, people who go to the southend or stand on the terrace above the south and the people who go to the beer patio on the north end we likely have a fair number of tickets sold and in stadium but who are not in seat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loudest game of the year on Saturday despite the attendance.