Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    Giovinco is just our very own Messi, what a player he is!

...this...

he is a joy to watch - i am so happy he's a red

also i don't know if anyone else saw this at the end of the game or if it is at all significant but when Vanney was out on the pitch shaking players hands Giovinco seems to brush right by him - it stood out to me....maybe i'm over interpreting but he brushed right by him without stopping - it was almost awkward....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    seriously how is Luke moore still in the starting 11 on this team ? since this game is being broadcast in the UK they are having a nice laugh at the luke moore on twitter..

‏@TomArnold1994 20m20 minutes ago Only in the MLS could a player as bad as Luke Moore flick on a header for a player as good as Sebastien Giovinco #wba

@graha1874 20m20 minutes ago
    Stuck some money on Toronto FC and then find out they've got Luke Moore playing up front for them #stinking

‏@RyanThomas_94 33m33 minutes ago Luke Moore plays in MLS. Why?

‏@arleneisaboot 34m34 minutes ago
    No Jozy Altidore and a virtually empty stadium at Toronto means I'm not watching a 5th game of the day. Luke Moore though?!

@ThisisWavey 18m18 minutes ago Luke moore is useless #tfc

Everybody knows this guy is doo doo except vanny. just let hamilton start.

A goal and an assist isn't bad for a doo doo player I'd say....

LOL he made you and all the twitterverse arm chair analysts eat your words.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    A goal and an assist isn't bad for a doo doo player I'd say....

LOL he made you and all the twitterverse arm chair analysts eat your words.
    he's still doo-doo and shouldn't be starting.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Most dominant effort of the season so far, and San Jose is a quality side.

I really like the direction in which this team has been trending lately under Vanney. I can't recall a TFC squad that was so fluid on the attack, and our defensive coverage continues to improve.
    Totally agree on all counts.... also we found goals from supporting players today, this is a good sign.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How about Konopka settling down and playing well the last few matches?
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post

When Altidore is back he won't be, but in this league he is better than average depth on a fair salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Everyone looks stronger in their position as a result. And maybe they are; Osorio is really proving himself this season, same with Zavaleta; and Creavalle is starting to show for the potential he has.

I'm not sure people understand Luke Moore's game; when he was young at Villa, he was a speed demon. But through a combination of growth and injury he lost that third gear and switched to being a target forward, a hold-up guy. He distributes and he occupies the central defenders. He did it really, really well today.

Anyone watching him today who thought he was lazy or useless is letting their preconceptions get in the way of reality. And that run for the goal was perfectly timed.

This is the last time I'll reiterate.... but Moore is excellent depth in this capped league.

I agree with you completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. the guys work rate is so poor that it's laughable.. he scores a tap in and all of a sudden people are acting as if the guy is a good player or even decent lol people say balotelli has poor work rate but he's a race horse when compared to luke moore.. next time you watch TFC play just watch his movements off the ball. the guy is literally walking around lol.. he could have had at least 3 goal's today if he was attacking crosses in the box and not jogging.. even the ESPN announcers called him out in the game against man city for not attacking a cross in the box.. yea i know your excuse will be "it was a friendly" lol the guy has a reputation for being a lazy player lol thats exactly why he couldn't cut it in the higher leagues in England. like i've said they didn't give him the nick name lazy luke moore over there for no reason.. the fact that people on here are actually trying to suggest luke moore is even a decent player is just laughable and sad at the same time.. i understand the homer mentality because he's a TFC player but the guy is doo doo stains and should be thanking his lucky star's he's even playing at this level because he's a English league 2 player at best. players like him with poor work rate are stealing a living in this league. just watch him off the ball and you'll see not 1 F is given. thats exactly why the announcer on ESPN called him out because he probably knows that's why he didn't cut in the higher leagues in England.. he can't finish and he's a lazy player.. there are players that can't finish but work hard off the ball. luke moore doesn't do any of those things well. if you're actually rating this player im telling you flat out that you do not know what a good or even decent striker is. people are actually knocking the English fans that were ripping him on twitter today lol sure some of it were over the top but thats because he was garbage at Aston Villa, West Brom and swansea.. he played a full season in turkey where he couldn't even score 1 goal.. so when these English fans that know his history see him starting next to players like giovinco now it's just laughable to them. the fact some people are rating this man here just makes TFC/ the MLS look bad.

Dude we can only buy three DP's, and then are limited to spend ~ $2.5 million on the rest of the team.

Give your head a shake.

You don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Alonso; 05-30-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wouldn't be if Jozy was fit. He's a squad player and did a good job today. What more do you want from a squad player. A goal and an assist against an in form team. Not a bad return........

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, nothing and no one to complain about for the second straight week. A few weeks ago, I had Vanney, Moore, and Creavalle on my ultimate shit list. Since then all have been good to great. If I can shut up about them then everyone can and should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Yeah he's making a strong case for the starting position in my opinion.

His distribution and handling crosses seems to be better than Bendik right now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Dude we can only buy three DP's, and then are limited to spend ~ $2.5 million on the rest of the team.

Give your head a shake.

You don't know what your talking about.
    That's exactly it. To me Luke Moore is the least of the problems. We have worse liabilities at other positions that are more important. If you put Giovinco beside a half decent MLS striker that can finish, he will produce. So for me, Altidore probably isn't best DP allocation. Having another central mid or even a central defender would be a better use of the DP slot. That being said, there is 0 chance that happens. It is just consistent with my view that #9s are a bad allocation of DP slots. The best IMO, secondary strikers (like Giovinco), holding mids (Bradley, Frings), central defenders (Matteo Ferrari wasn't a DP I don't think, but he was an anchor for the impact), and attacking mids (Kaka). #9s & fullbacks in particular are not involved in the game enough.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He wouldn't be if Jozy was fit. He's a squad player and did a good job today. What more do you want from a squad player. A goal and an assist against an in form team. Not a bad return........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Find a 3/4th choice striker in this league without limitations in their ability.

Moore had a decent game, and in the right situation can do a job. An advanced forward who can hold up the play, especially when you are defending deep and putting little pressure on the ball has it's value both defensively and offensively, especially when playing with a pacey player such as giovinco, or being able to drop the ball inside to Bradley or cheyrou to retain possession.

He did that well enough today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol .. he couldn't even score 1 goal there lol you're trying to tell me luke f ...ing moore is a good player and expect me to actually take you serious lol smh
    1 goal and assist on winning goal, tracked back to break plays. You seem to be trolling, you should have one of those 'red' reputation warnings.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I've been a big fan since he stole us that huge point in the NER game. The defensive line has settled in as well, though.
    I'd like to see him try and aim his monster goal-kicks to our players a bit more, but I say, keep him in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have seen I like Konopka better than Bendik now that the nerves have settled. He seems more of a presence in the box for corners and crosses and just seems quicker to react to various plays. The beard may get in his way eventually depending on how long he will grow it. I say nothing past ZZ Top length.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=flatpicker;1745431]After a rough patch during the long road trip, this team is really starting to come together. This looks to be the most promising season we have ever had. 4

Great game today, teams coming together nicely. 4-1-1 and only conceding 4 goals, 2 of them on PK's, not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the fact some people are rating this man here just makes TFC/ the MLS look bad.
    Look bad in who's eyes? I'm sorry, who exactly are we trying to impress?

We convinced Giovinco to come here. I couldn't give 2 shits what people on the internet think.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Too bad the table doesn't mean much, otherwise I think the support behind this team would be growing stronger amongst the Toronto sports community.

This appears to be a good team getting more organized as we go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Giovinco for TFC and Donaldson for the Jays. 2 best pro athletes in TO right now.
    Yep. That is 100% true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was $436.000 max per guy, so $3.5m-$1.3m=$2.2M. then i figured out you have to spend around $1.2M on 4 quality defenders and quality goalie to compete.
    That leaves you $1M to spend on rest of team. So stop debating Luke Moore, he is fine for the money TFC is paying him.
    two games jozy is out, two games moore is in two wins,

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I thought it was $436.000 max per guy, so $3.5m-$1.3m=$2.2M. then i figured out you have to spend around $1.2M on 4 quality defenders and quality goalie to compete.
    That leaves you $1M to spend on rest of team. So stop debating Luke Moore, he is fine for the money TFC is paying him.
    two games jozy is out, two games moore is in two wins,
    Just a clarification that gets my knickers in a bunch.

TFC isn't paying Moore anything.

MLS is paying Moore. Moore's contract is held, signed with and paid by the league. As are the vast majority of MLS players. If there is an issue with any player's terms, conditions, salaries… that's on MLS not TFC.

Secondly, as a result of that, TFC doesn't really "sign" anyone for the most part. They choose contracts from the signed player pool. Internationals are a bit different in that they can make discovery signings and bring players to the MLS talent pool that they can keep. Again though, the contract is negotiated with, signed by and held with the league. The majority of the roster comes from players signed to the league and selected by teams to play for them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Most MLS teams spend 150K each on keepers and a quality FB and about 200K each on any quality CD. But almost all of them have somebody in around 40 to 70K, like a Hagglund or a Morgan.

Toronto is spending about 350K each on Perquis and Caldwell.

Oh, and Pookie, you're right but the proper term is spending as TFC is spending a budget as outlined/provided by MLS. In this case the discussion is how much to spend within that framework.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-31-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, and Pookie, you're right but the proper term is spending as TFC is spending a budget as outlined/provided by MLS. In this case the discussion is how much to spend within that framework.
    Technically though, isn't' the choice about who to "spend" on? The "how much" part has already been contracted by MLS.

I see it more like a fantasy draft. You have been allocated points and you choose players to fill your roster that have already been assigned points.

Semantics I guess.

The main point is that TFC doesn't choose the contract values for a Morrow or Morgan or etc, etc. MLS does. TFC fits those players in under an assigned budget, like a fantasy draft. And being over budget isn't really a problem in most cases with allocation money that MLS flexes for its own reasons. (Or technically, "For reasons as deemed appropriate by the Competition Committee")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Technically though, isn't' the choice about who to "spend" on? The "how much" part has already been contracted by MLS.

I see it more like a fantasy draft. You have been allocated points and you choose players to fill your roster that have already been assigned points.

Semantics I guess.

The main point is that TFC doesn't choose the contract values for a Morrow or Morgan or etc, etc. MLS does. TFC fits those players in under an assigned budget, like a fantasy draft. And being over budget isn't really a problem in most cases with allocation money that MLS flexes for its own reasons. (Or technically, "For reasons as deemed appropriate by the Competition Committee")
    Thats not how it actually works though Pookie - the clubs negotiate and choose players within the rules, and MLS signs off, or not. Sometimes they are involved earlier in the process but with Morgan, for example, TFC signed him and MLS agreed, he wasn't part of a pool. Same with Moore - TFC traded with another team, they didn't go to MLS and ask for a striker from the pool of players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TearsForCheers View Post
    Not sure if this has been said already, but as well as the team performed today, I thought the crowd was in fine form tonight. The south end was the loudest I've heard it for at least a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    Hopefully there will more victories leading to bigger crowds at games..
    Crap weather days bring out true supporters. The crowd may have been smaller, but, the 4000 "Ken and Barbies" that didn't show don't really contribute much to atmosphere anyways.
    It was a BLAST being there yesterday!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    Crap weather days bring out true supporters. The crowd may have been smaller, but, the 4000 "Ken and Barbies" that didn't show don't really contribute much to atmosphere anyways.
    It was a BLAST being there yesterday!!!!
    wasnt able to attend in person but watched the game later in the evening. On TV the atmosphere sounded great. Also got to watch some of the great build up plays on replay a few times and that first goal really got me out of my seat or couch in this case.

If the atmosphere is that good in open air I am really looking forward to the roof adding even more intensity to home games. With the south end full of supporters and flanked with 111, is 211 the next potential supporters section? Again thinking with a roof that will add even more to the wall of sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And won't be when Jozy returns to the lineup, just a comment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    One goal, one assist, 3rd highest pass completion rate, I'll take a few more shit games.
    Stats only tell part of the story.

Curious where you got the pass completion rate stat from? I can't find it on MLS website