Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Moore has his limitation but if you think he didn't do anything else all game, I am not sure what you were watching. I though some of his movement off the ball was pretty good. Got himself into good positions to receive the ball and was creating space for Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio's best game ever in a TFC jersey. By a mile. A MILE!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Moore had a shit game today. Aside from the goal which was all Giovinco - he did squat.
    One goal, one assist, 3rd highest pass completion rate, I'll take a few more shit games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Osorio's best game ever in a TFC jersey. By a mile. A MILE!!!!!!!!

i'm sorry...did you mean 1.6 km??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i'm sorry...did you mean 1.6 km??
    hahaha by a kilometre didn't quite have the same ring to it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. the guys work rate is so poor that it's laughable.. he scores a tap in and all of a sudden people are acting as if the guy is a good player or even decent lol people say balotelli has poor work rate but he's a race horse when compared to luke moore.. next time you watch TFC play just watch his movements off the ball. the guy is literally walking around lol.. he could have had at least 3 goal's today if he was attacking crosses in the box and not jogging.. even the ESPN announcers called him out in the game against man city for not attacking a cross in the box.. yea i know your excuse will be "it was a friendly" lol the guy has a reputation for being a lazy player lol thats exactly why he couldn't cut it in the higher leagues in England. like i've said they didn't give him the nick name lazy luke moore over there for no reason.. the fact that people on here are actually trying to suggest luke moore is even a decent player is just laughable and sad at the same time.. i understand the homer mentality because he's a TFC player but the guy is doo doo stains and should be thanking his lucky star's he's even playing at this level because he's a English league 2 player at best. players like him with poor work rate are stealing a living in this league. just watch him off the ball and you'll see not 1 F is given. thats exactly why the announcer on ESPN called him out because he probably knows that's why he didn't cut in the higher leagues in England.. he can't finish and he's a lazy player.. there are players that can't finish but work hard off the ball. luke moore doesn't do any of those things well. if you're actually rating this player im telling you flat out that you do not know what a good or even decent striker is. people are actually knocking the English fans that were ripping him on twitter today lol sure some of it were over the top but thats because he was garbage at Aston Villa, West Brom and swansea.. he played a full season in turkey where he couldn't even score 1 goal.. so when these English fans that know his history see him starting next to players like giovinco now it's just laughable to them. the fact some people are rating this man here just makes TFC/ the MLS look bad.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 05-30-2015 at 09:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Soccer site posts crack me up. Last year there was a lot of "just because you spend the money doesn't mean you win anything". This year is "they are only winning because they spent the money". We can't win. The league's fans want us to be eternally their whipping boys to laugh at each year. All scared TFC will do well. Hopefully we continue to get results. I enjoy watching games where we are not just being defensive for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a happy camper today! I thought EVERYONE played extremely well and we had a great TEAM performance. Even Luke Moore and Creavalle managed to have a productive performance.

I hope we continue this winning streak! Go REDS!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    one goal, one assist, 3rd highest pass completion rate, i'll take a few more shit games.
    Post of the Day.

I just don't get the stick Moore has been getting lately despite his contribution to our recent results.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-30-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 05-30-2015 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing like debating Luke Moore's work rate on a Saturday night after a home win on a TFC supporters forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone should really change that profile picture on his wiki though, its not very flattering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game. Should have been 5 or 6 to 1.

Fuck that rain was heavyyyyy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this has been said already, but as well as the team performed today, I thought the crowd was in fine form tonight. The south end was the loudest I've heard it for at least a couple of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a pretty heavy rainfall but this team is getting better week after week nice to see a Toronto team with a .500 record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully there will more victories leading to bigger crowds at games..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats with all the Luke Moore hate .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Moore had an average game today, got the job done. But Giovinco is just our very own Messi, what a player he is!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. the guys work rate is so poor that it's laughable.. he scores a tap in and all of a sudden people are acting as if the guy is a good player or even decent lol
    you discredit all his hold up play; challenging for every ball kicked forward by Konopka; combination play with bradley/gio not to mention how lazy luke moore had to have been to beat his man to the inside for that tap in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. .

What the EFF were you watching?

Oh wait, you wern't watching cause.......

YOU SPENT HALF THE GAME FINDING TWITTER STUFF FROM ENGLAND TO PROVE YOUR POINT.

You have no clue of forward play in this league.

None.

Stop relying upon people who don't watch the league. Oh, sorry, you had one Taylor Twellman comment from a mid week friendly that just proves for all of us that Moore is a crap MLS player.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-30-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not one that really cares about work rate for strikers too much, for me, work rate is above a good measuring stick for mids because they need to be active to be effective. Now for striker I care that they created and/or capitalize on chances. Moore did that, good game.

If work rate was the real measuring stick for strikers then Barret would be a great striker.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've watched the condensed match on MLS Live twice. I think I'll watch it again.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Our defence is much better. Zavaleta is playing well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    What the EFF were you watching?

Oh wait, you wern't watching cause.......

YOU SPENT HALF THE GAME FINDING TWITTER STUFF FROM ENGLAND TO PROVE YOUR POINT.

You have no clue of forward play in this league.

None.

Stop relying upon people who don't watch the league. Oh, sorry, you had one Taylor Twellman comment from a mid week friendly that just proves for all of us that Moore is a crap MLS player.
    lol you are not going to convince real soccer fans that luke moore is even a decent player lol.. stop it with the homer mentality and rating him because he's a TFC player when you know deep down he's booty juice. he's is what he is and thats a striker with poor work rate that can't put the ball in the net.. that was his 7th or 8th goal in a TFC uniform lol. how many goal does seba have ? how long has luke moore been here ? how long has seba been here ? we all know he's not on seba's level but seba hasn't even played 15 league games and he's already close to having the same number of goals as moore. don't tell me moore was a sub because he played a lot when defoe was out. luke moore hahahaha are you serious ? smh i will not take any soccer fan serious for trying convince me that luke moore is even a decent player lol when fans from different teams that you play for all called you lazy luke moore that says a lot about your work rate. yet some TFC fans are actually rating him lol.. it just makes our fan base look bad... this guy couldn't even put the ball in the net in the Turkish league ... he couldn't even score 1 goal there lol you're trying to tell me luke f ...ing moore is a good player and expect me to actually take you serious lol smh
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 05-30-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Our defence is much better. Zavaleta is playing well.
    I have liked him since the Montreal game, and was surprised not too see him start the week after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol you are not going to convince real soccer fans that luke moore is even a decent player lol.. stop it with the homer mentality and rating him because he's a TFC player when you know deep down he's booty juice. he's is what he is and thats a striker with poor work rate that can't put the ball in the net.. that was his 7th or 8th goal in a TFC uniform lol.. luke moore hahahaha are you serious ? smh i will not take any soccer fan serious for trying convince me that luke moore is even a decent player lol when fans from different teams that you play for all called you lazy luke moore that says a lot about your work rate. yet some TFC fans are actually rating him lol.. it just makes our fan base look bad... this guy couldn't even put the ball in the net in the Turkish league ... he couldn't even score 1 goal there lol you're trying to tell me luke f ...ing moore is a good player and expect me to actually take you serious lol smh
    Who the fuck is telling you that anyone thinks that Luke Moore is the second coming of Van Basten???? calm down.

He is a second string guy who when given a chance will score goals. Which is all we need from him, not the work rate of Vidal.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol you are not going to convince real soccer fans that luke moore is even a decent player lol.. stop it with the homer mentality and rating him because he's a TFC player when you know deep down he's booty juice. he's is what he is and thats a striker with poor work rate that can't put the ball in the net.. that was his 7th or 8th goal in a TFC uniform lol.. luke moore hahahaha are you serious ? smh i will not take any soccer fan serious for trying convince me that luke moore is even a decent player lol when fans from different teams that you play for all called you lazy luke moore that says a lot about your work rate. yet some TFC fans are actually rating him lol.. it just makes our fan base look bad... this guy couldn't even put the ball in the net in the Turkish league ... he couldn't even score 1 goal there lol you're trying to tell me luke f ...ing moore is a good player and expect me to actually take you serious lol smh
    You don't have to agree, but tearing down someone's credibility because you disagree is not how we discuss things here. Moore had a good match. I just saw him bust his ass to get into position to take a pass (75th minute) plus he made a nice play on Creavalle's goal. If you'd like to give examples of his poor play, please do so, but quoting Twitter and saying his history makes him bad is a thin argument. Players usually continue to grow in their careers and Moore is 29, so he's not done yet. He has been serviceable and I doubt Giovinco will complain about how he played today. Please show me the times today he was lazy and made bad plays. Otherwise, saying he was useless in a match where he had a goal and an assist and generally linked up well with his partner is silly, especially if you use Twitter and fans of his old teams, rather than your eyes and the actual match, as your source.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    You don't have to agree, but tearing down someone's credibility because you disagree is not how we discuss things here. Moore had a good match. I just saw him bust his ass to get into position to take a pass (75th minute) plus he made a nice play on Creavalle's goal. If you'd like to give examples of his poor play, please do so, but quoting Twitter and saying his history makes him bad is a thin argument. Players usually continue to grow in their careers and Moore is 29, so he's not done yet. He has been serviceable and I doubt Giovinco will complain about how he played today. Please show me the times today he was lazy and made bad plays. Otherwise, saying he was useless in a match where he had a goal and an assist and generally linked up well with his partner is silly, especially if you use Twitter and fans of his old teams, rather than your eyes and the actual match, as your source.
    have you watched him play the last couple games before today's game ? 90% of his shots end up in row z.. like i said he could have scored at least 3 goals today if decided to attack the the ball in the box.. he did it one time and got a tap in goal.. i saw seba crossing the ball many times (including morrows goal) and moore is just jogging into the box.. thats why he's got the name lazy luke moore.. he's been doing it his whole career.. the guy would get a lot more goals if he attack crosses more often. lets not forget the 2 on 1 he had with seba vs the timbers when he decided cut infront of seba the moment he was about to shoot lol instead of going wide for the pass he cut in front of seba when he was loading up lol too lazy to go wide.
    Last edited by TorontoFC6fan; 05-30-2015 at 10:40 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

have you watched him play the last couple games before today's game ? 90% of his shots end up in row z.. like i said he could have scored at least 3 goals today if decided to attack the the ball in the box.. he did it one time and got a tap in goal.. i saw seba crossing the ball many times (including morrows goal) and moore is just jogging into the box.. thats why he's got the name lazy luke moore.. he's been doing it his whole career.. the guy would get a lot more goals if he attack the crosses more often.
    I don't disagree with you. He isn't anything special, but in our league, he's what we get. And he contributed to two goals today in a solid win, so I'll take it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Luke Moore was good today. I thought his work-rate was solid, and he was serviceable. Typically, a striker (#9) isn't a guy who is going to have a ton of touches (Defoe/G. Higuain typically have among the fewest touches on the team). His job is to hold up play, and score. For those who said he wasn't noticeable, unless its a player like Carlos Tevez or Wayne Rooney who plays very a deep, a striker isn't going to be that noticeable. Quite honestly, I have no doubt Luke Moore could play in the starting 11. IMO a #9 is one of the most overrated positions unless the player is exceptional (ie: creates his own chances or is that good at getting into scoring positions). Quite honestly, I'd have no problem keeping a duo like Findley/Moore and rotating them beside Giovinco and using the DP that is being used on Altidore on a different position. It's not a knock against Altidore, it is more that the #9 completely relies on service, and at the MLS level, unless you're buying an insanely good striker, the marginal benefit of having Jozy Altidore over Luke Moore beside Giovinco isn't going to be as high as the marginal benefit of having a DP quality centreback or another DP quality central midfielder, particularly the latter.

Would also like to point out for Luke Moore:
    -Whoscored has one of his strong attributes as "defensive contribution"
    -He was also tied for third on the team in tackles.

That doesn't look lazy to me.
    Last edited by Calcio; 05-30-2015 at 10:41 PM.