Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing Barca is on a transfer ban! ..... Giovinco

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That, or they take pride in supporting their local club who never wins anything. I remember one Middlesborough fan I was talking to who just kept going on about 'MLS is a pub league' etc. Lame.
    fair. it's just most of the people i know who love bashing MLS are supporting teams overseas that they have no affiliation to.
    at that point it's not really about loving soccer, so much as it is loving a winning team.

basically, i know a lot of people who'll say "lol TFC is shit" while they like barca, real, man u and inter on facebook.

there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a funny. i mean, if you eat lobster every day then hotdogs are gonna taste like shit, but don't say you "love the game" if you can't appreciate it at all levels. hell.. the african cup of nations is some of the most entertaining stuff you'll ever watch, but doesn't get nearly as much love for it's noticeable for it's lack of "superstars" (as opposed to teams like england/france/italy/portugal/etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it's weird, bradley wears a lot of hats. some of his mistakes are pretty glaring because he's expected to be the conduit on the field. when he's playing it forward he can get the ball to giovinco and altidore, when he plays it back he's playing to.. you see where i'm going with this. you'll see him getting the ball from the back line under duress a lot.
    I find a lot of his giveaways are that he just runs into guys while trying to go past them ... so I was thinking it might be if he doesn't see a pass he tries to barrel through and gets caught, and that might be the fault of the other guys not being available in good positions. But I really don't know (I'm certainly no expert on tactics and positioning).

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I think lead commentator is Calum Williams who used to do SKC broadcasts
    And the colour guy kept mentioning how he knows Dominic Kinnear ... so he is either a former player or coach in MLS. Don't know who it was though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley was great tonight with his distribution. Great game for TFC overall minus the one goofy Morgan moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

basically, i know a lot of people who'll say "lol TFC is shit" while they like barca, real, man u and inter on facebook.
    These people are jackasses. Local matches in Iran, Chile, Malaysia, etc, etc all over the world get monster crowds because people want to watch some live football and cheer on their local side ..... just because it's not Barcelona vs Juventus doesn't mean it's not worth watching.

Reminds me of a muppet I saw at the MLC Cup match in TO (Dallas vs Colorado) ..... guy was wearing a Chelsea toque and Man Utd coat ..... like really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brownie points for Bezbatchenko. Acquisition of Zavaleta looking damn good right now. He looks really comfortable out there and doesn't seem to suffer from "rash challenge syndrome" that we've seen in Henry and Hagglund.

Morrow was a beast today. Absolutely shut down Salinas, really San Jose's only threat from midfield. And of course his goal was excellent.

I wrote a long post criticizing Moore's runs a week or so ago. Maybe he read it because his run for his goal was perfection. I want to see more of that.

Bradley and Cheyrou with solid performances as well. And Giovinco, what is there left to say at this point. Best player in the league by a fucking mile. Nobody else could have taken over this game like he did today. How on earth Osorio didn't finish that gift of a pass I'll never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Bradley was great tonight with his distribution. Great game for TFC overall minus the one goofy Morgan moment.
    Take away that one bad moment from Morgan but other than that he had a really good game again. And Morrow was even better.
    Zavaletta very solid, Bradley very good but of course Giovinco on another level from everyone else. And let's just give Moore a little credit for the perfectly timed run for his goal. Enjoy the win boys, it was not perfect but we are seeing some of the best attacking soccer we have ever seen from this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Brownie points for Bezbatchenko. Acquisition of Zavaleta looking damn good right now. He looks really comfortable out there and doesn't seem to suffer from "rash challenge syndrome" that we've seen in Henry and Hagglund.

Morrow was a beast today. Absolutely shut down Salinas, really San Jose's only threat from midfield. And of course his goal was excellent.

I wrote a long post criticizing Moore's runs a week or so ago. Maybe he read it because his run for his goal was perfection. I want to see more of that.

Bradley and Cheyrou with solid performances as well. And Giovinco, what is there left to say at this point. Best player in the league by a fucking mile. Nobody else could have taken over this game like he did today. How on earth Osorio didn't finish that gift of a pass I'll never know.
    Agree with everything you wrote there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that was an absolutely pleasant experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco for TFC and Donaldson for the Jays. 2 best pro athletes in TO right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/915...se-Earthquakes

Giovinco with 11 chances created today (shots + key passes). That's just bonkers.

Zavaleta had a huge performance as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    relax the guy scored a tap in sitter from 2 feet lol. he's been totally useless all game.. until that goal i totally forgot moore was even in the game. if anything the credit goes to seba for actually gifting him a tap in goal.
    Yeah I agree with you, aside from the tap-in, Moore has done nothing and was invisible the entire game and does not deserve to be in the starting lineup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, really wanted to see Seba score. He was a BEAST the whole game. 2 assists and 2 off the bar. Sometimes I think he is just fckn around with the league lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most dominant effort of the season so far, and San Jose is a quality side.

I really like the direction in which this team has been trending lately under Vanney. I can't recall a TFC squad that was so fluid on the attack, and our defensive coverage continues to improve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm watching it on Sky and the commentators here are great. They know MLS and they're not giving the typical snide remarks all the time that you sometimes get.
    Yes, the sky commentators were great. Who was doing the colour? It was an scottish ex Huston player. I am bummed as there are no more TFC matches scheduled for the next two months on sky. I got a little spoiled with them being on so much lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Yeah I agree with you, aside from the tap-in, Moore has done nothing and was invisible the entire game and does not deserve to be in the starting lineup.
    Well, just to give the other side of the argument, the Sky commentators today were saying how Moore is really more of a 'hold-up' striker ... more of a #9 (not quite in the Dichio or Koevermans 'collect long balls' mode, but similar). And you kind of saw that with his assist on Gio's goal last week, and his assist on Creavalle's goal today.

I don't know ... thoughts?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Yes, the sky commentators were great. Who was doing the colour? It was an scottish ex Huston player. I am bummed as there are no more TFC matches scheduled for the next two months on sky. I got a little spoiled with them being on so much lately.
    I didn't hear the Sky broadcast, but the colour commentator is usually David Prutton or former Portland coach John Spencer
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have tfc coming in at 52pts this season

these are the projected odds from betfair.com that i average for the rest of tfc's 14 home games
    1.9pts per game average, multiply home win probability by 3 points for a win, multiply home tie probability by 1 point
    decimal betting odds are converted to probability

home win odds 1.82 55% 1.6
    home tie odds 3.7 27% 0.3
    home loss odds 5.55 18%
    1.00 1.9

i averaged 1 pts per game for each away game, using same methodology tie on the road is around 28%, win on the road is around 25%
    they have 16pts now, add 14 home games times 1.9 equals 26.5 more points this season at home, and 9 more points on the road this year (9 road games X 1 pt per game) equals 52pts
    this assumes no major injuries to the 3 dp stars of the team especially giovenco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Moore has his limitation but if you think he didn't do anything else all game, I am not sure what you were watching. I though some of his movement off the ball was pretty good. Got himself into good positions to receive the ball and was creating space for Giovinco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I didn't hear the Sky broadcast, but the colour commentator is usually David Prutton or former Portland coach John Spencer
    Thanks, it must have been Spencer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attendance was only 17711. Hopefully that's just a weather-related anomaly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and his assist on Creavalle's goal today.

I don't know ... thoughts?

Forgot about him setting up the second. I guess this is really measure of how far Toronto has improved when they win 3-1, the striker scores a goal, sets up another and people still moan about what terrible game he had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No negatives at all today.
    Held off early pressure in 2nd half.
    1st goal started with Moore holding up the ball and then some nice passes.
    Love how Cheyrou talks to the back line.
    Great drop passes from Bradley.
    And Gio! Best single game ever by a TFC player ?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore had a great game

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a rough patch during the long road trip, this team is really starting to come together. This looks to be the most promising season we have ever had. 4-1-1 in the last 6? Feels good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great game that easily could have ended 5-1. Giovinco would have to be marked by two players to be neutralized in this league. He's unstoppable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    It was a great game that easily could have ended 5-1. Giovinco would have to be marked by two players to be neutralized in this league. He's unstoppable.
    Everyone looks stronger in their position as a result. And maybe they are; Osorio is really proving himself this season, same with Zavaleta; and Creavalle is starting to show for the potential he has.

I'm not sure people understand Luke Moore's game; when he was young at Villa, he was a speed demon. But through a combination of growth and injury he lost that third gear and switched to being a target forward, a hold-up guy. He distributes and he occupies the central defenders. He did it really, really well today.

Anyone watching him today who thought he was lazy or useless is letting their preconceptions get in the way of reality. And that run for the goal was perfectly timed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley's been playing great too. The quality of his passing really picked up as of late. He's just carving up all this space for Giovinco to run into. Fuck, SJ were lucky Altidore wasn't on the field because it would have been a gangbang.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Zavaleta was a Vanney pick. Zavaleta is Vanney's Nephew.

Moore had a shit game today. Aside from the goal which was all Giovinco - he did squat.