Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Stats only tell part of the story.
    I completely aggre. There are no stats to show the space he created for Giovinco.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blowing Bubbles View Post

Reminds me of a muppet I saw at the MLC Cup match in TO (Dallas vs Colorado) ..... guy was wearing a Chelsea toque and Man Utd coat ..... like really?
    People like this are a waste of skin. End of.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    A goal and an assist isn't bad for a doo doo player I'd say....

LOL he made you and all the twitterverse arm chair analysts eat your words.
    I don't think anyone will be eating their words because aside from a couple small plays - he did shit all.
    He wasn't where he needed to be. If he wasn't walking around the pitch like a lazy ass he probably wouldn't have people rightly calling him out.

Unfortunately he will always be lazy and if Gio has an off game or Creavalle doesn't keep scoring scorchers from the top of the box - I don't see how Moore can keep up what he did yesterday.

He's a good bench option, but I wouldn't be singing his praises or demanding he become a starter. Until Altidore comes back he needs to keep scoring.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    I completely aggre. There are no stats to show the space he created for Giovinco.

hahahahahahahahaha

He created space for Gio???

hahahahahaha

What game where you watching?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Arguably one of the best performances in our history, and all the conversation seems to be focused on how bad Moore is. Look, we won today, and very impressively at that. Moore isn't great, sure, but he's what we've got with Altidore out. He scored a goal (albeit one that Seba totally created).

Look, if he had cost us 3 points by missing a sitter, yeah, I'd get tarring and feathering the guy. But he didn't. Can't we just bask in a great victory for once? I swear, sometimes I think this message board would be inactive if people didn't have something to complain about.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 05-31-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Do you really need me explain how football works and the creation of space or do you think that none of the of the SJ defenders were covering Moore's runs, leaving open space for Giovinco to utilise?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our offense is looking effing DANGEROUS right now. Another match where we were an inch here or there away from potentially finishing 6-1 instead of 3-1. Seba is just playing on another plane of existence, with how easily he's taking teams apart. I'll even give Moore his props right now.

Our backline, on the other hand, still scares me a bit - a few simple fuckups that could have been goals.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with any luck..SEBA could have 10 goals this season,i wonder how many euro clubs are looking at him for a loan at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there even any question that Giovinco is the best player in MLS right now? And best of all, he's doing it without the slightest hint of any behind-the-scenes drama or discontent.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBC article mentions that Giovinco's 6 assists this season is tied with the regular season record by a Toronto player. I have a feeling he just might break that record before the season is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

Watch the condensed game again. Other than the Oso chance, he contributed to every other good chance we had.

13:04 - His near post run takes two defenders with him. Gio can't get to the ball on the far post.
    15:13 - Long ball challenge takes 2 defenders with him. Gio gathers second ball, dribbles into space and shot comes off crossbar.
    21:15 - Occupies Goodson, Gio drifts in space on the left. Moore's near post run takes Goodson with him, Morrow beats the fullback to the header. Goal.
    32:55 - Near post run takes Bernardez with him on Morgan cross that gets cut out. Challenge from Gio allows Moore to gather the ball after drifting into space inside 18. Lays off to Creavalle. Goal.
    46:04 - Drifts outside wide and holds up ball against 2 defenders on the throwin. Lays off to Morgan who has acres of space on the wing, lays off to Gio, cuts in and shoots at Bingham.
    54:50 - Gio drifts again into space on the left. Moore makes near post run. Gio's shoots come crosses.
    68:50 - Moore makes near post run but Jackson's cross is too close to Bingham.
    70:43 - Gio tracks down Bradley's long ball. Moore beats two defenders to the near post. Goal.
    74:54 - Counter with Bradley. Moore books it to the near post from the halfway line. Bernardez beats Moore and cleans up deflected shot.
    79:13 - Counter with Bradley. Moore books it creating space on the left for a possible pass. Bradley passes to Gio, Moore makes far post run. Gio shoots instead at Bingham. Moore's clearly frustrated with the play.
    Subbed off in the 80th minute.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 05-31-2015 at 11:17 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Is there even any question that Giovinco is the best player in MLS right now? And best of all, he's doing it without the slightest hint of any behind-the-scenes drama or discontent.
    He is a family man, living a good life here with a likely level of normalcy in our fine city. Man is he special to watch, his moves on the pitch are dam special, something we have never seen here. No way Conte leaves him out for this Euro qualifying cycle.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Watch the condensed game again. Other than the Oso chance, he contributed to every other good chance we had.

13:04 - His near post run takes two defenders with him. Gio can't get to the ball on the far post.
    15:13 - Long ball challenge takes 2 defenders with him. Gio gathers second ball, dribbles into space and shot comes off crossbar.
    21:15 - Occupies Goodson, Gio drifts in space on the left. Moore's near post run takes Goodson with him, Morrow beats the fullback to the header. Goal.
    32:55 - Near post run takes Bernardez with him on Morgan cross that gets cut out. Challenge from Gio allows Moore to gather the ball after drifting into space inside 18. Lays off to Creavalle. Goal.
    46:04 - Drifts outside wide and holds up ball against 2 defenders on the throwin. Lays off to Morgan who has acres of space on the wing, lays off to Gio, cuts in and shoots at Bingham.
    54:50 - Gio drifts again into space on the left. Moore makes near post run. Gio's shoots come crosses.
    70:43 - Gio tracks down Bradley's long ball. Moore beats two defenders to the near post. Goal.
    74:54 - Counter with Bradley. Moore books it to the near post from the halfway line. Bernardez beats Moore and cleans up deflected shot.
    79:13 - Counter with Bradley. Moore books it creating space on the left for a possible pass. Bradley passes to Gio, Moore makes far post run. Gio shoots instead at Bingham. Moore's clearly frustrated with the play.
    Subbed on in the 80th minute.
    (PopePouri drops mic)
    Here Endeth The Lesson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stats only tell part of the story.

Curious where you got the pass completion rate stat from? I can't find it on MLS website
    WhoScored.com. I hate the new stats page from MLS, it's just awful.

Re: Moore, I don't think anyone is saying he should be a starter. At the end of the day we've picked up two wins since Altidore went out and Moore's had a hand in goals for both of them. Altidore should and will hop straight back into the starting lineup when he returns, but in the meantime Moore is doing enough to get us by, which is about all you can ask of your bench guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

I know, some of the comments here are ridiculous.

Seba usually has 2-3 players closing down on him, which is creating space for everyone else, and then he just simply delivers
    a pass on a golden platter to be tapped in.

Still don't know how Osario missed that golden chance with the ball placed right on his toe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. the guys work rate is so poor that it's laughable.. he scores a tap in and all of a sudden people are acting as if the guy is a good player or even decent lol people say balotelli has poor work rate but he's a race horse when compared to luke moore.. next time you watch TFC play just watch his movements off the ball. the guy is literally walking around lol.. he could have had at least 3 goal's today if he was attacking crosses in the box and not jogging.. even the ESPN announcers called him out in the game against man city for not attacking a cross in the box.. yea i know your excuse will be "it was a friendly" lol the guy has a reputation for being a lazy player lol thats exactly why he couldn't cut it in the higher leagues in England. like i've said they didn't give him the nick name lazy luke moore over there for no reason.. the fact that people on here are actually trying to suggest luke moore is even a decent player is just laughable and sad at the same time.. i understand the homer mentality because he's a TFC player but the guy is doo doo stains and should be thanking his lucky star's he's even playing at this level because he's a English league 2 player at best. players like him with poor work rate are stealing a living in this league. just watch him off the ball and you'll see not 1 F is given. thats exactly why the announcer on ESPN called him out because he probably knows that's why he didn't cut in the higher leagues in England.. he can't finish and he's a lazy player.. there are players that can't finish but work hard off the ball. luke moore doesn't do any of those things well. if you're actually rating this player im telling you flat out that you do not know what a good or even decent striker is. people are actually knocking the English fans that were ripping him on twitter today lol sure some of it were over the top but thats because he was garbage at Aston Villa, West Brom and swansea.. he played a full season in turkey where he couldn't even score 1 goal.. so when these English fans that know his history see him starting next to players like giovinco now it's just laughable to them. the fact some people are rating this man here just makes TFC/ the MLS look bad.
    Do do you like Luke Moore? He's pretty good eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a game by Morrow, Giovinco and Bradley. I do have to admit in the first half I said out loud "Luke Moore is just having a laugh out there" as he was jogging around with his trademark shit eating grin... he then came out and had a great 2nd half. The team is really starting to gel, it's just too bad the stands are empty.
    Last edited by MartinUtd; 05-31-2015 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is the best player in MLS history, obviously statistically he is not, but the level of talent he brings hasn't been matched by anyone. No one like him has come in his prime, Thierry Henry could give him a run for his money but he was much older.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and this is why some people laugh at the MLS because you have fans that actually rate players like luke moore lol.. the guys work rate is so poor that it's laughable.. he scores a tap in and all of a sudden people are acting as if the guy is a good player or even decent lol people say balotelli has poor work rate but he's a race horse when compared to luke moore.. next time you watch TFC play just watch his movements off the ball. the guy is literally walking around lol.. he could have had at least 3 goal's today if he was attacking crosses in the box and not jogging.. even the ESPN announcers called him out in the game against man city for not attacking a cross in the box.. yea i know your excuse will be "it was a friendly" lol the guy has a reputation for being a lazy player lol thats exactly why he couldn't cut it in the higher leagues in England. like i've said they didn't give him the nick name lazy luke moore over there for no reason.. the fact that people on here are actually trying to suggest luke moore is even a decent player is just laughable and sad at the same time.. i understand the homer mentality because he's a TFC player but the guy is doo doo stains and should be thanking his lucky star's he's even playing at this level because he's a English league 2 player at best. players like him with poor work rate are stealing a living in this league. just watch him off the ball and you'll see not 1 F is given. thats exactly why the announcer on ESPN called him out because he probably knows that's why he didn't cut in the higher leagues in England.. he can't finish and he's a lazy player.. there are players that can't finish but work hard off the ball. luke moore doesn't do any of those things well. if you're actually rating this player im telling you flat out that you do not know what a good or even decent striker is. people are actually knocking the English fans that were ripping him on twitter today lol sure some of it were over the top but thats because he was garbage at Aston Villa, West Brom and swansea.. he played a full season in turkey where he couldn't even score 1 goal.. so when these English fans that know his history see him starting next to players like giovinco now it's just laughable to them. the fact some people are rating this man here just makes TFC/ the MLS look bad.
    tl;dr - Derp derp derpa - Luke Moore - derp derp derpity doo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of a muppet I saw at the MLC Cup match in TO (Dallas vs Colorado) ..... guy was wearing a Chelsea toque and Man Utd coat ..... like really?
    Nearly collapsed a lung, twice, from the mental picture. The "muppet" touch really worked, here. xD

hahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

This post seems a bit on the "douchey" side, but kudos for not going for the low-hanging fruit and correcting his spelling.

Right, anyway.. Giovinco is the class of the league, which supporters of other teams are proclaiming all up and down any relevant article comment sections. Feels great.

This was a wonderfully entertaining game to take in, and you guys were lovely in your loud support, despite the weather thinning out the numbers (came over well, on the broadcast).

We look like a side that's beginning to come around, with a fair ways to go to realizing our full potential.. and it's no wonder, given our injuries and difficult schedule to start the season.

I will admit that, a month ago, I wasn't as confident about Vanney as I was when he wooed us in his first few interviews, but, if it's one thing a leader of men can benefit from, it's humility, and I think he's shown that—especially in, but not limited to, where he's playing Bradley; still believe he's a deep-lying, box-to-box type, but Cheyrou, as absolutely outstanding a pick-up as he's been, is never going stay home as often as he should, with Bradley playing next to him, and that alternation can cause just enough confusion to generate a ripple-effect through the team, leading to a goal against.

Vanney is showing positive growth, and I don't think I've ever felt more confident about a HC of this team being allowed what, for me, is a minimum acceptable time of about two seasons (for the record, I, too, felt like Nelsen should have gotten to finish the season, but that can't be pinned on Vanney).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    What a game by Morrow, Giovinco and Bradley. I do have to admit in the first half I said out loud "Luke Moore is just having a laugh out there" as he was jogging around with his trade mark shit eating grin... he then came out and had a great 2nd half. The team is really starting to gel, it's just too bad the stands are empty.
    I think the stand being empty yesterday had a lot do with the weather. There were times last season we would have been lucky to get that attendance on a good Saturday in July. If we beat D.C. next week, I think we could expect 23k-25k for the home game against NYCFC on the 20th. maybe even more.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No doubt in my mind. He is a constant threat on the pitch.

And if I could just touch on yesterday as a whole. You know, they had the GM's luncheon at Real Sports that I attended with a friend of mine, and Tim B got up and talked about how things are really coming together for TFC. He made a remark about how he's still waiting for the club's big win for this season, and to be honest, I feel like he got exactly that yesterday against San Jose. Nobody would say the Earthquakes are a powerhouse at the moment or anything, but the fact is that TFC made things looks rather easy out on the pitch yesterday. Finally, it was good to see the goals last night come from a diverse pool of players. Morrow, Creavalle, and perhaps Moore especially all deserve credit for their efforts against San Jose.

Also, Konopka would have had another blank sheet under his belt if it weren't for that penalty. Good game by the GK.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-31-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously how is Luke moore still in the starting 11 on this team ? since this game is being broadcast in the UK they are having a nice laugh at the luke moore on twitter..

‏@TomArnold1994 20m20 minutes ago Only in the MLS could a player as bad as Luke Moore flick on a header for a player as good as Sebastien Giovinco #wba

@graha1874 20m20 minutes ago
    Stuck some money on Toronto FC and then find out they've got Luke Moore playing up front for them #stinking

‏@RyanThomas_94 33m33 minutes ago Luke Moore plays in MLS. Why?

‏@arleneisaboot 34m34 minutes ago
    No Jozy Altidore and a virtually empty stadium at Toronto means I'm not watching a 5th game of the day. Luke Moore though?!

@ThisisWavey 18m18 minutes ago Luke moore is useless #tfc

Everybody knows this guy is doo doo except vanny. just let hamilton start.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subbed off in the 80th minute.
    Thanks for compiling that!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think we've finally hit a critical mass of good players on the pitch. Obviously Giovinco is a superstar, but guys like Cheyrou and Perquis along with Zavaleta, Morrow, etc just make the team way more solid than I can remember. Plus Bradley, Altidore, etc.

Barring health there's no reason why this team can't be challenging for everything. No excuses for the coaching staff, we have the horses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    with any luck..SEBA could have 10 goals this season,i wonder how many euro clubs are looking at him for a loan at the end of the season.
    Tell Barca hands off our Gio!

But in all seriousness, he's on a high wage .... both Milan sides are terrible right now and could afford him, so they might be the ones that sniff around next winter. I hope not though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the worst player scores and gets an assist every week then we're in good shape. We've never had this kind of luxury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can assure you Milan is not interested in GIO, first he makes way too much $$ and second we don't need strikers right now since El Shaawary just came back from injuries...i think gio is here for good!

Tell Barca hands off our Gio!

But in all seriousness, he's on a high wage .... both Milan sides are terrible right now and could afford him, so they might be the ones that sniff around next winter. I hope not though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore you useless lazy bastard!!!
    I don't really take what you post seriously anyway, so shut the f#$% up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I don't really take what you post seriously anyway, so shut the f#$% up
    It wasn't supposed to taken seriously anyways so you can go ahead and go f#$% yourself.