Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    just off the top of my head, why was lamport a non starter in the discussion of stadiums for the argos? Im sure it could be expanded to a decent size.
    very tight space in and around Lamport stadium. Very small roads around it with mostly just one lane in each direction traffic with no main off ramp from the high way leading you straight to the stadium. I have been to games in England in stadiums built surrounded by densely built neighbourhoods with no parking ( pretty much everyone in London would take the Tube, train or bus on game day) and very narrow streets surrounding it, well it works for them, driving on game day is probably a nightmere tho and would take hours to get out on game day over here as less people use transit over here..it wouldn't bother to me as I don't drive, id take transit but to many people over here would lose there shit and not want the stadium built in Lamport location id imagine. I think Lamport would be very costly to engineer the whole area to acomodate 30k stadium.
    Last edited by james; 05-26-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    very tight space in and around Lamport stadium. Very small roads around it with mostly just one lane in each direction traffic with no main off ramp from the high way leading you straight to the stadium. I have been to games in England in stadiums built surrounded by densely built neighbourhoods with no parking ( pretty much everyone in London would take the Tube, train or bus on game day) and very narrow streets surrounding it, well it works for them, driving on game day is probably a nightmere tho and would take hours to get out on game day over here as less people use transit over here..it wouldn't bother to me as I don't drive, id take transit but to many people over here would lose there shit and not want the stadium built in Lamport location id imagine. I think Lamport would be very costly to engineer the whole area to acomodate 30k stadium.
    then BMO is gonna piss off alot of CFL fans, it too is a disaster to get in and out of. Albeit, not as bad as lamport

The hipsters by lamport would probably scare away the "supposed" older gen CFL fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Are you confident that would be in the realm of affordability for an Argos CFL stadium?

I don't know if you're joking. You're usually serious on these matters.

I agree its possible, I mean, we're not talking remote clouds or even retractable anything but, again, an Argos only-stadium would have to make BMO look extravagant. By then there may be NASL in the picture.
    I was just joking yes - but hey it could be a revenue tool for them when there are no games on

As for a stadium fitting - the "old" BMO would easily fit within the footprint of Lamport

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I was just joking yes - but hey it could be a revenue tool for them when there are no games on

As for a stadium fitting - the "old" BMO would easily fit within the footprint of Lamport
    Wow.

Nice work. Very interesting pics man.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post

yah i though it would, thanks for doing the leg work. and ther is plenty of space to build a nearby parking structure if they really wanted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Surely there's an empty Target store somewhere in town that could be turned into a stadium. It would already have a parking lot.
    oh man...that made me laugh good...had to share it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    oh man...that made me laugh good...had to share it
    for me its too soon, just too soon. Im still mourning the loss. Where will I find my reasonably priced decor and beaver canoe apparel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    yah i though it would, thanks for doing the leg work. and ther is plenty of space to build a nearby parking structure if they really wanted
    cool to see, the pictures are interesting. I still will say tho BMO field has much more open space around with big parking space and the wide open Lakeshore BLVD road that can handle a lot of traffic. Lamport much less parking space, with more narrow roads like Dufferin Street and King Street as the main road ways into the stadium. That all said, its doable, you see it around the world and in England all the time. But they would just have to be prepared to have very slow, congested traffic on game day, and it really wouldn't be the best spot for people driving in, big majority of fans would really have to consider taking public transit on game day and leaving there cars at home, or parking at Exhibition by BMO field and walking 15 mins to Lamport Field.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    cool to see, the pictures are interesting. I still will say tho BMO field has much more open space around with big parking space and the wide open Lakeshore BLVD road that can handle a lot of traffic. Lamport much less parking space, with more narrow roads like Dufferin Street and King Street as the main road ways into the stadium. That all said, its doable, you see it around the world and in England all the time. But they would just have to be prepared to have very slow, congested traffic on game day, and it really wouldn't be the best spot for people driving in, big majority of fans would really have to consider taking public transit on game day and leaving there cars at home, or parking at Exhibition by BMO field and walking 15 mins to Lamport Field.
    I think the point is

If they wanted to spend money they don't have for a CFL stadium they could build enough parking for Lamport.
    The local traffic would be worse than any other stadium in Toronto.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - I'm not saying they should build there - I'm saying they could fit a stadium on that piece of land

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your right, was wondering why it was never brought up as a location.

Downview would be optimal, or woobine race track, etc..

nice open space, bring in food trucks for tail gating, almost like the town Fair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think the point is

If they wanted to spend money they don't have for a CFL stadium they could build enough parking for Lamport.
    The local traffic would be worse than any other stadium in Toronto.
    ya spot on, that is the point.