Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Manchester City game must not being selling well ?

Just got this email. Outside of taking a refund, it offered you tickets to one of the next three games including the Manchester City game. Interesting.

You currently have a credit for a value tiered match for the Amway Canadian Championship Final. We are giving you a limited time offer to apply this credit towards the same number of seats that you have in your account for the best seats available to any upcoming TFC match in May.
    This survey must be completed by Thursday, May 21st at 5 PM. Tickets will be uploaded into your account on Friday, May 22nd if you selected our match against Portland on May 23rd or Monday, May 25th if you select an alternate match.

Toronto FC
    //All For One

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They wanted $50 each for my seats in the supporter section and I have 4 seats. I wasn't about to drop $200 on that but I would be willing to take 4 seats to the game if they want to give them to me. Sounds like they are offering a credit towards the seats though. Might be expecting us to pay a difference. If so, I will take my money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This what happens when you over charge for friendly game while treat your fanbase (you know people most likely would go to these friendlies) like crap.

If ticket prices were more reasonable while TFC show more respect to their customers than I wouldn't mind going to this friendly game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So as south end supporters we can still get this Man City ticket without paying anything extra? I'm personally not interested in this game at all so I will just stick with the refund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How dare these cunts ask us for that kind of money for this bullshit cash grab friendly, spit on us with the Argos bullshit, then turn around and beg us to show up so they don't look like fools with a half empty stadium?

Eat dicks MLSE. I want my money. If I wasn't so bloody poor I'd take the MC tickets just to ensure the seats were empty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    So as south end supporters we can still get this Man City ticket without paying anything extra? I'm personally not interested in this game at all so I will just stick with the refund.
    I think it is a credit and you have to pay the difference. The way I am reading it is I have 5 seats I will be credited $ per seat and have to purchase 5 seats best available in the lower bowl and pay the difference? Am I correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    How dare these cunts ask us for that kind of money for this bullshit cash grab friendly, spit on us with the Argos bullshit, then turn around and beg us to show up so they don't look like fools with a half empty stadium?

Eat dicks MLSE. I want my money. If I wasn't so bloody poor I'd take the MC tickets just to ensure the seats were empty.

+1000000000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I think it is a credit and you have to pay the difference. The way I am reading it is I have 5 seats I will be credited $ per seat and have to purchase 5 seats best available in the lower bowl and pay the difference? Am I correct?

Thanks Derko,

It's jokes though. They have choke on it... lol paying the difference really? After this week? The good thing is that if the stadium is half empty, MLSE will suffer, Not TFC. I'm taking that refund for sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its ticket for ticket with them being uploaded to your account manager either tomorrow if you selected the Portland game or Monday if you picked either Man City or San Jose. Its a credit for a ticket.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not interested. Took my money back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ev'rything's a lie and that's a fact
    Life is a lemon and I want my money back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our email references only the Man City game:

You currently have a credit for a value tiered match for the Amway Canadian Championship Final. We are giving you a limited time offer to apply this credit towards the same number of seats that you have in your account for the best seats available to our match against Man City.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha

Look at the friendlies growing the game, MLS.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the email now so it looks like you don't pay any extra, they give you a ticket for ticket swap. I didn't realize this was next week already....time flies. I will go to both weekend TFC games that matter and skip this one. My daughter is playing her soccer game that night so I would rather see that and take the family to dinner after with my refund. Hope they get used to the emptier stadium....will look that way on a regular basis if there is any evidence of football on the pitch in 2016. So glad I didn't buy tickets for $50 each for my set of four. This would have really pissed me off that everyone else is being offered ticket if I had paid. Another piss off for some supporters that purchased their seats for this game already I am sure.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They can give me my money back.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am pissed as I bought tickets to go with my dad and now couldve gotten them for free....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad they asked this so they can now know I stand opposed to stupid friendlies like these

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    I am pissed as I bought tickets to go with my dad and now couldve gotten them for free....
    I am in the same boat, having bought three to celebrate my dad's birthday with dinner beforehand. With it being my dad's birthday and his desire for a weekday, we were going regardless so these tickets now mean more people can come to our party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone actually done this yet? The email I got is vague - it looks like it's a one-for-one swap but I don't want to end up being on the hook for more money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My email was also only for the friendly. No thanks, I'll take my cash.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Has anyone actually done this yet? The email I got is vague - it looks like it's a one-for-one swap but I don't want to end up being on the hook for more money.
    Its a one for one ticket swap with them being put in your account manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Its a one for one ticket swap with them being put in your account manager.
    Thanks! I just did it so ...meaningless match, here I come

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about Amway, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly for free"

...What a normal club should do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to quote old dirty bastard "you better give me that money"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    "Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about Amway, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly for free"

Since we paid for the Amway final already they need to refund that money first then offer us tickets for it to be actually free....but they ain't doing that. Might have a better shot at getting some bums in the seats though if they did.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    "Hello TFC supporters,

Since we don't actually care about the Voyageurs Cup, the Champions League, or all the attention other teams get from it, we will be substituting your cup finals tickets with free tickets to the Man city game. We're sorry you're mad and that we didn't beat the impact. Please forgive us and come to this friendly with big money players that doesn't mean a damn thing for free.

4eva Besties,

MLS productions and the new marketing of NYCFC"

Just a tweak here and there for effect.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so do nothing and in 30 days we'll get you your money or fill out the question.... clicks give me my damn money... thank you your request for refund will be processed in 30 days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only received an option to get the Man City tickets. Is there a reason that some people are worthy of more options on tickets than me? I have no desire whatsoever to go see Man City during the middle of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson also tweeted recently that he's heard ticket sales for the game are slow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Larson also tweeted recently that he's heard ticket sales for the game are slow.
    That is the truth.