Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think he is a total loafer but I agree with you 100%. Yesterday he didn't float much. A little here and there early on but he did what he should be doing. Everyone was decent yesterday, even Creavalle. Anyone going on about any player being sub par yesterday is just doing the T.O negativism thing.
    Osorio's defensive improvement is a real revelation. He stood guys up yesterday and just muscled them right off the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheyrou was my 'man of the match'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noticed Giovinco didn't wait around after the last whistle, hope he isn't hurting. They better not play him on Wednesday, not more than a half anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some thoughts.

Giovinco looks better then Defoe and an overall better team player.
    Konopka has been great, I am not missing Bendik at all.
    Warren had a great 60 minutes thought he was excellent.
    Cheyrou and Bradley were excellent. Perquis, Morrow and Morgan did there part as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC can play like they did in first half with Jozy on field, then TFC are going to be an exciting team to watch.

That being said, I still get nervous about our backline (mostly CB's) who still look shaky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    If TFC can play like they did in first half with Jozy on field, then TFC are going to be an exciting team to watch.

That being said, I still get nervous about our backline (mostly CB's) who still look shaky.
    and yet we have 3 shutouts in our last 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    and yet we have 3 shutouts in our last 5.
    Yes with bit of luck, great goalkeeping and bad ref on our side for a change.

Backline (espeically CB) is an issue that will need to be address in summer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes with bit of luck, great goalkeeping and bad ref on our side for a change.

Backline (espeically CB) is an issue that will need to be address in summer window.
    I don't know. I think Zavaleta and Perquis looked good together yesterday. We might bring in a guy who can compete in with Hagglund and Zavaleta for our #2 starting spot, but I doubt we bring in a guy of significant pedigree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. I think Zavaleta and Perquis looked good together yesterday. We might bring in a guy who can compete in with Hagglund and Zavaleta for our #2 starting spot, but I doubt we bring in a guy of significant pedigree.
    Really? End of the game, our backline barely hold on (despite having an extra defender and having Bradley staying back more) and if wasn't for ref, TFC could have lost this game since ref didn't call PK couple of times in 2nd half. We got lucky that ref didn't give PK (at least once) last night.

Don't get me wrong, TFC were better team last night (though they should have score more goals), but you can't deny the fact we were lucky as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? End of the game, our backline barely hold on (despite having an extra defender and having Bradley staying back more) and if wasn't for ref, TFC could have lost this game since ref didn't call PK couple of times in 2nd half. We got lucky that ref didn't give PK (at least once) last night.

Don't get me wrong, TFC were better team last night (though they should have score more goals), but you can't deny the fact we were lucky as well.
    I wasn't that worried. We dropped deeper and let portland send in crosses that we dealt with pretty comftorably. A lot of those types of balls that would have bounced around to long before finding the net in past seasons were pretty well dealt with, mostly by Cheyrou and Perquis.

You can say that we might have been lucky, but Portland were probably more lucky that it wasn't 4-0 at half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't that worried. We dropped deeper and let portland send in crosses that we dealt with pretty comftorably. A lot of those types of balls that would have bounced around to long before finding the net in past seasons were pretty well dealt with, mostly by Cheyrou and Perquis.

You can say that we might have been lucky, but Portland were probably more lucky that it wasn't 4-0 at half.
    But Portland isn't a strong team, if TFC is serious about winning then they need to fix their backline. Playing against top teams, this team would have to score 3 or more goals if they want a chance to win games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope he sticks with it. If you're gonna look ridiculous you should make it your thing. Every game, I want him dressed by Don Johnson's stylist.
    Agreed 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0bl1vious View Post
    Can't tell if trolling or not
    What the fuck are you taking about?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wondered what all the fuss was in U-Sector stand area. And now I know.

Toronto FC fan spars with MLSE's Tim Leiweke
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Zavaleta still needs to work on his distribution, before I would consider him starter material. There were a number of times in the game where his passes kept going behind the player as opposed to in front. It was really quite frustrating to watch as it really slowed the play down, and it's basically soccer 101 stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I wondered what all the fuss was in U-Sector stand area. And now I know.

Toronto FC fan spars with MLSE's Tim Leiweke

Whoever that guy was in that video - he's an idiot. His only rebuttal is "Go home"?
    Wow - you have the head of MLSE in your target and all you can think of is "Go home"?

Guys like this imbecile make supports look like children trying to play a big man's game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro with a very thoughtful piece about the silence. Worth reading. http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toron...r-grass-field/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Whoever that guy was in that video - he's an idiot. His only rebuttal is "Go home"?
    Wow - you have the head of MLSE in your target and all you can think of is "Go home"?

Guys like this imbecile make supports look like children trying to play a big man's game.
    That was the last 14 seconds of that interchange and that was after Lieweke left and returned with the blue shirts. It went on a lot longer than 14 seconds so don't judge people based on short snippets from cell phones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That was the last 14 seconds of that interchange and that was after Lieweke left and returned with the blue shirts. It went on a lot longer than 14 seconds so don't judge people based on short snippets from cell phones.
    I was there he was a disrespectful ass.......I'm not happy with Leiweke but anyone with half a brain knows the problem is his boss with all the $$$ Tanenbaum .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    John Molinaro with a very thoughtful piece about the silence. Worth reading. http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/toron...r-grass-field/
    thanks for that.......yes very well written .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I was there he was a disrespectful ass.......I'm not happy with Leiweke but anyone with half a brain knows the problem is his boss with all the $$$ Tanenbaum .
    No, Leiweke is definitely on the hook for this. Full stop.

If that had been me, I'd have asked: "How is that process for getting an NBA and/or NHL team into the Sprint Center coming along?" ... guaranteed that would get you on KC newcasts!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final thought on the game - but Eriq Zavaleta played a solid game at CB. His distribution was accurate and he showed flashes of what he could be in the future.

Nicky Haggland also played well when called upon in the final minutes. We are deeper in the back than I thought we would be.

Good on Vanney for sorting out some early season issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like Seba...he is good at soccer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there yesterday And I was impressed on how TFC moved the Ball, and how organised the BACK LINE was. I think Our Manager Is slowly making the adjustments . But we are improving and that is what I want to see. People here including myself has harped on the backline a lot but in our past 5 games they have only given up 2 goals that is not bad at all, that is .4 goals per game and they have scored 5 goals or at least 1 goal per game, that can be improved. with a record of 3 wins 1 tie and 1 loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Final thought on the game - but Eriq Zavaleta played a solid game at CB. His distribution was accurate and he showed flashes of what he could be in the future.

Nicky Haggland also played well when called upon in the final minutes. We are deeper in the back than I thought we would be.

Good on Vanney for sorting out some early season issues.
    Zavaleta was off the mark on several passes to players who had no pressure on them (or him). IIRC his first pass of the game missed Morgan and went straight out for touch. In the second half Morgan was getting extremely frustrated that he couldn't work triangles/short passes and instead was just knocking back to the keeper.

Against a more aggressive and decisive team that left side will get exposed badly. Zavaleta, I think, has a good ceiling, but is not there physically or has the experience. I think we need to get a guy around 27-28 who has at least a hundred games under his belt - someone who can fill in when Caldwell/Perquis are gone, and bring up Hagglund/Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Zavaleta was off the mark on several passes to players who had no pressure on them (or him). IIRC his first pass of the game missed Morgan and went straight out for touch. In the second half Morgan was getting extremely frustrated that he couldn't work triangles/short passes and instead was just knocking back to the keeper.

Against a more aggressive and decisive team that left side will get exposed badly. Zavaleta, I think, has a good ceiling, but is not there physically or has the experience. I think we need to get a guy around 27-28 who has at least a hundred games under his belt - someone who can fill in when Caldwell/Perquis are gone, and bring up Hagglund/Zavaleta.
    it scares me how zaveleta got this far on those passing skills. he was really really bad on distribution. Was it nerves? how can anyone get this far not being able to make a basic pass. His clearings werent even very good

Defensively, he is solid. But there is no balance there what so ever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    it scares me how zaveleta got this far on those passing skills. he was really really bad on distribution. Was it nerves? how can anyone get this far not being able to make a basic pass. His clearings werent even very good

Defensively, he is solid. But there is no balance there what so ever
    A bit harsh on someone who has had his first game with the first team. It's easily fixable for a team trying to play out of the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    A bit harsh on someone who has had his first game with the first team. It's easily fixable for a team trying to play out of the back.
    Tell that to any manager in MLS who has tried to "play out of the back" unsuccessfully

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    No, Leiweke is definitely on the hook for this. Full stop.

If that had been me, I'd have asked: "How is that process for getting an NBA and/or NHL team into the Sprint Center coming along?" ... guaranteed that would get you on KC newcasts!
    a thoughtful discourse........instead of drunken discourse, but Ithink a NFL team is soon to be seen in LA.....wonder if it includes TL ?...but. I still can't see anyone going against LT........and Ithink that has bearing on TL's realization that the CEO of MLSE is simply a pawn .....there simply too many private and public figures that want the Argos here...remember JTory was once the commissioner And can one imagine if Pinball ran for mayor.....we'd probably be second tenants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed it is shocking how Zavaleta passes the ball but we see stuff like that often in MLS. It's funny to watch a guy who can't hit a short, straight-line pass on the ground without bouncing it along. How is that possible this day and age?

Now that being said, he played a very efficient game defending. This is how I wanted Doniel Henry to pay last year: quit reaching for tackles, trying to win every ball, and looking like a superstar 95% of the time and a goat the other 5%. Good defending can be done simply by holding an attacker up until your team can find its shape. And it needs to be gaf free, which isn't going to happen if you're always extending yourself.

Cheyrou made Portland look foolish largely because the guys running in we're always trying to win the ball - and they never adjusted after being beat over and over again. If they had just played positional and cut down his options they would have snuffed out the majority of our counters.

So again give Zavaletta a lot of credit for defending in a way the majority of this league doesn't have the intelligence to - even if he looks silly on the ball once he has it.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 05-25-2015 at 06:22 PM.