0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya where fucked!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly not totally worried, i think we could go to a 4-3-3 and still be a decent side

Konopka; Morrow, Perquis, Hagglund, Morgan; Cheyrou, Warner, Bradley; Osorio, Giovinco, Jackson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore is underrated by people here. I agree there are times when he looks unconcerned and less active, but there are also multiple occasions when he has been in the right place at the right time to clean up junk, has held up the ball well and has linked up well. I think he and Giovinco will do okay. I also will point out to anyone too worried that one diminutive Italian basically trumps our typical strike force singlehandedly.

As for Hamilton being done, I think that's probably bullshit. Why would you sign him to a first team deal after a six-in-17 first USL season if you thought he was shit? Makes no sense.

What I CAN believe is that they're telling him he won't make it with Toronto unless he increases his intensity and learns to track back defensively. But you don't sign someone after amassing years of data on him then a few months later say "wow, how wrong we were."

Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together. No one could touch them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, we shouldn't change formations. The Diamond is working, giving us options in both directions. I'd move Moore up next to Alitidore or, failing that, Jackson. He's a real threat speed wise and he can beat a guy, pot the odd shot. He'd probably be more dangerous for us up top, using his speed and guile with GIovinco to cause problems and then drifting wide sometimes to open up space for Bradley coming up the middle, or the opposite midfielder drifting inside.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together.
    Next year maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jloome, I am with you on Moore, I think he can do ok, if he plays wit Gio, I expect him to put a few away, until Altidore gets back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    jloome, I am with you on Moore, I think he can do ok, if he plays wit Gio, I expect him to put a few away, until Altidore gets back.
    Thank christ for some optimism, I am in agreement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could this day day get any worse?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    This calls for Dike to be recalled but I don't think the FO will do it.
    Surely it must happen. Dike is an obvious replacement for Altidore's physicality, not to mention a better goalscoring threat than Moore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we recall Gilberto?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. year long loan for Gilberto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    No. year long loan for Gilberto.
    Damn, was hoping we could work some wonky arrangement to get him back sooner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Surely it must happen. Dike is an obvious replacement for Altidore's physicality, not to mention a better goalscoring threat than Moore
    We can't recall him until July and so far he's only got into 3 matches. Got a goal already but not a lot of work. Not sure what's going on down there with their starting 11. Looks all over the place, everyone gets a shot.

Funny that they have 6 past & present TFC players on the roster. Must be something to see the old Preki triumvirate of Attakora and Cann at the back with Joseph Nane in front doing their thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy was brought in to score goals! To score goals damn it! We are going to be in for a tough 5-6weeks
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Moore is underrated by people here. I agree there are times when he looks unconcerned and less active, but there are also multiple occasions when he has been in the right place at the right time to clean up junk, has held up the ball well and has linked up well. I think he and Giovinco will do okay. I also will point out to anyone too worried that one diminutive Italian basically trumps our typical strike force singlehandedly.

As for Hamilton being done, I think that's probably bullshit. Why would you sign him to a first team deal after a six-in-17 first USL season if you thought he was shit? Makes no sense.

What I CAN believe is that they're telling him he won't make it with Toronto unless he increases his intensity and learns to track back defensively. But you don't sign someone after amassing years of data on him then a few months later say "wow, how wrong we were."

Me, I'd love to see Mo Babouli and Giovinco play together. No one could touch them.
    Agree regarding Moore people are too hard on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    We can't recall him until July and so far he's only got into 3 matches. Got a goal already but not a lot of work. Not sure what's going on down there with their starting 11. Looks all over the place, everyone gets a shot.

Funny that they have 6 past & present TFC players on the roster. Must be something to see the old Preki triumvirate of Attakora and Cann at the back with Joseph Nane in front doing their thing.
    I wonder how long it will be before Scorpion's Canadian head coach Alan Mencina gets a coaching assignment in MLS.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agree regarding Moore people are too hard on him
    He was alright last year with not great service. We'll see what he can do with Giovinco service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope TFC can prove all the haters wrong.
    They can go out there and show everyone they can win games without Jozy.
    Byt they need to get it together first, play everyone in the right position maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    He was alright last year with not great service. We'll see what he can do with Giovinco service.
    That is exactly how I look at it, and with them playing together a bit, it could be ok. Clearly Jozy is a step up, but I do not think we will be starving for goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This what happens when you sign old DP's

Oh wait, Jozy is under 30. I guess injuries apply to younger players (including younger DP) too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    That is exactly how I look at it, and with them playing together a bit, it could be ok. Clearly Jozy is a step up, but I do not think we will be starving for goals.
    The thing with Jozy - with a bad pass - he can muscle his way through a defender to get to the ball and score - which he's done a couple times already.

Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can. I just wonder how fast he is compared to the defenders he's up against.
    We could see more through balls connecting with Moore only cos he can get there faster - not sure how clinical he is though.

we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can.
    Luke Moore can run? Any evidence of this as I haven't seen it yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with Jozy - with a bad pass - he can muscle his way through a defender to get to the ball and score - which he's done a couple times already.

Luke Moore can't do that - but he can run a lot faster than Jozy can. I just wonder how fast he is compared to the defenders he's up against.
    We could see more through balls connecting with Moore only cos he can get there faster - not sure how clinical he is though.

we'll see.
    err... without the ball, Luke runs faster than Jozy. WITH the ball, Jozy, with 2 defenders dragging his jersey from behind, still outruns Luke
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll see.
    He is not as clinical as Jozy, but he puts them away often enough when he has the chances, and this year we are creating chances, he will put some away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we'll see.
    It doesn't help Moore much if he can run when he makes the wrong decisions.

Altidore is stronger and has better skills. But the biggest difference I've seen between them is how smart Altidore is with his positioning and runs, and how poor Moore has been. Moore has shown a knack for picking up scraps in the box, but that requires someone else to make the chance first. Altidore has constantly been creating his own chances with his smart runs.

Look at Moore's run on this play: http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/38828

He almost may as well not have been there. Why cut inside there when Giovinco has a man pressing him on that side and you are on Goncalves' back side? The obvious choice here is to drift wide by a good few yards. If Moore cuts hard to his right at about :09 seconds into that clip, Giovinco slips him a pass and he has a golden opportunity. Goncalves isn't even looking at Moore! If you watch Goncalves during that whole run, he glances at Moore maybe once when Giovinco still has the ball just past half. After that his eyes are glued to Giovinco the entire rest of the way; hard to blame him with a player of that ability running at him. Moore would have been ridiculously wide open, all he had to do was make the right decision.

I can't recall which game it was now, but another one that stands out in my memory was when we had the ball down the left flank near the end line and the player, probably Morgan, whipped in a low cross that was easily defended by the near post man. It looked like a bad cross at first, but really it was the perfect ball to play. It was Moore that made a poor run. There were two defenders in the box and the keeper preparing to intercept, and instead of making a driving run to the near post he slowly drifted back post, where there was no chance he would ever get a ball there. Simple stuff like this really hurts his game.

Compare that with Altidore, who constantly makes himself available and has two great goals already that wouldn't be possible without his smart runs (opener vs. Vancouver and vs. Montreal in the VCup). The one against Montreal was especially impressive - you can see him alter his run and start cutting inside once he realizes that he's not getting any space away from the ball.

With Giovinco in the squad, Bradley pushed up and our midfield just generally performing better the past couple games, Moore should have a bunch of opportunities to put himself into the areas that will get him chances. He needs to start doing that if he wants to stay as the first option off the bench.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It doesn't help Moore much if he can run when he makes the wrong decisions.

Altidore is stronger and has better skills. But the biggest difference I've seen between them is how smart Altidore is with his positioning and runs, and how poor Moore has been. Moore has shown a knack for picking up scraps in the box, but that requires someone else to make the chance first. Altidore has constantly been creating his own chances with his smart runs.

Look at Moore's run on this play: http://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/mat...ls/video/38828

He almost may as well not have been there. Why cut inside there when Giovinco has a man pressing him on that side and you are on Goncalves' back side? The obvious choice here is to drift wide by a good few yards. If Moore cuts hard to his right at about :09 seconds into that clip, Giovinco slips him a pass and he has a golden opportunity. Goncalves isn't even looking at Moore! If you watch Goncalves during that whole run, he glances at Moore maybe once when Giovinco still has the ball just past half. After that his eyes are glued to Giovinco the entire rest of the way; hard to blame him with a player of that ability running at him. Moore would have been ridiculously wide open, all he had to do was make the right decision.

I can't recall which game it was now, but another one that stands out in my memory was when we had the ball down the left flank near the end line and the player, probably Morgan, whipped in a low cross that was easily defended by the near post man. It looked like a bad cross at first, but really it was the perfect ball to play. It was Moore that made a poor run. There were two defenders in the box and the keeper preparing to intercept, and instead of making a driving run to the near post he slowly drifted back post, where there was no chance he would ever get a ball there. Simple stuff like this really hurts his game.

Compare that with Altidore, who constantly makes himself available and has two great goals already that wouldn't be possible without his smart runs (opener vs. Vancouver and vs. Montreal in the VCup). The one against Montreal was especially impressive - you can see him alter his run and start cutting inside once he realizes that he's not getting any space away from the ball.

With Giovinco in the squad, Bradley pushed up and our midfield just generally performing better the past couple games, Moore should have a bunch of opportunities to put himself into the areas that will get him chances. He needs to start doing that if he wants to stay as the first option off the bench.

I wouldn't compare the two - There's no point. Altidore is the better player. No question about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Luke Moore can run? Any evidence of this as I haven't seen it yet.
    yah im really surprised to hear lukey can run

always seems to be behind teh play or pass by a few inches

What speedster uses the flick on pass as his specialty?

I still think he can be MLS level effective with a few games under his belt. come on the guy is playing with giovinco, just stand there and let gionvinco use you as post to bounce self passes off
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-22-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find funny is that when Luke Moore did pot a few goals last year we all cheered like no tomorrow. If he scores a few I will be happy. If the happen to be goals that lead to a victory I will be pleased. Yes I agree the pay may be a bit too much and maybe he seems lack lustre to say the least but It is what we have been dealt. So we play our hand.

We supporters are never satisfied are we.

TFC clap clap clap TFC clap clap clap......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke.......Use the Force.......

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Luke.......Use the Force.......
    There's a Two stick in that somewhere.....