Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JHams I hope gets a shot at contributing, would be a good depth guy.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    JHams I hope gets a shot at contributing, would be a good depth guy.
    Didn't he bag a few in a non-league game with the big team last year? It might be interesting if he lined up alongside Gio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately it may be Giovinco leading the line with a formation change. Rather a 5 person midfield then putting 1 scrub striker next to Giovinco. Then again, a Moore and Giovinco duo may yield something positive... but what made Jozy special was his football IQ, with good runs and good passes in dangerous areas.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Didn't he bag a few in a non-league game with the big team last year? It might be interesting if he lined up alongside Gio.
    Had a goal for the first team in their friendly vs. the Spurs.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The curse continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Moore if you want to keep the diamond. If Moore isn't pulling his weight or it's not clicking with Giovinco in the diamond, hope Hamilton gets legit starting minutes. We know what Moore can do, bag garbage goals 1-4/1-5. Curious to see Hamilton (and Dike when recalled) get legit minutes rather then 5-10 minute cameos at the end of games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Time to sign Babouli?
    Since it appears Dike can't be recalled till July then why not. Unless we move away from the 2 striker combo, but they diamond seems to be working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather see what Hamilton can do. We all know what we have in Moore. Hes a poacher. Hamilton has the technical ability to keep up with Gio.

Hamilton can also use his speed with Gio to really push at defending CBs.

Moore is a hold up man up top and hes been terrible so far this season. Hes no Jozy thats for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Had a goal for the first team in their friendly vs. the Spurs.
    A rather pretty one as I recall. It would be interesting to see if he can link up with Gio. Worth a look considering the options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't wanna stir the pot and will be first to admit that I could be wrong, misinformed or both but I have heard whispers that Hamilton doesn't have it. From staff, from teammates.

I mean Gio is gonna make anyone better, but the fact that Dike isn't available is truly scary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just want to point out a tad difference between the lineup we will field after Jozy goes down and the one we fielded after Danny K went down.

is not necessary.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/07/reds-keep-rolling-third-win

It is worth pointing out though that no one on our team without a DP tag has scored more than one goal, and only 3 non-DP's have scored (just looking at league stats).

The other players are going to need to step it up here. It will be interesting to see what this team has up its sleeve to cover for Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to hold my tongue here ...

Re what to do: just play Findley in Altidore's spot. He has been playing out of position, this is presumably why he was signed
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Trying to hold my tongue here ...

Re what to do: just play Findley in Altidore's spot. He has been playing out of position, this is presumably why he was signed
    He's out with an Achilles injury. Not sure for how long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    He's out with an Achilles injury. Not sure for how long.
    I missed that!

In that case I go 4-2-3-1 and move Cheyrou up to AM. Gio as the lone striker.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Isn't this the exact play and exact place that did in Danny Koevermans season. Message to MLS Get rid of the fucking turf
    Let's not blame the turf just yet - it's been around a long time and many sports take place on that type of surface. What other factors are similar in the equation aside from the turf?

Maybe we need to get rid of designated players?
    Maybe we need to get rid of hamstrings?
    Maybe we need to get rid of Toronto FC?

Maybe a combination of the above?

It is unfortunate for us though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    I don't wanna stir the pot and will be first to admit that I could be wrong, misinformed or both but I have heard whispers that Hamilton doesn't have it. From staff, from teammates.

I mean Gio is gonna make anyone better, but the fact that Dike isn't available is truly scary.
    When we played our scrubs in Montreal, Hamilton couldn't crack the lineup, even as a late sub when we needed a road goal. That tells you everything you need to know about management's faith in him. Hamilton is not one injury away from getting minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I missed that!

In that case I go 4-2-3-1 and move Cheyrou up to AM. Gio as the lone striker.
    That's the most interesting idea I've heard yet - would love to see how that would play out because Cheyrou has pretty good vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ He has good vision, but he has very little else, of what you would look for in an AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    The curse continues.
    Look, we got more goals out if Jozy than several of his former EPL clubs combined. He has a history of leg injuries. Did anybody expect him to play a full season? He will still be good for another 8 or 10 goals when he returns, giving him more than any other striker in club history. The problem with this team remains the presence of 5 or 7 sub calibre players in the starting roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    When we played our scrubs in Montreal, Hamilton couldn't crack the lineup, even as a late sub when we needed a road goal. That tells you everything you need to know about management's faith in him. Hamilton is not one injury away from getting minutes.
    Has Hamilton really fallen down that much that our management team doesn't see anything (or "it") in him anymore? He hasn't scored that much in the USL level this year but he did seem to find himself in the right places in the matches that I've watched.

Any other news on him? I hope Findlay gets fit so that he can take over Jozy's spot but if not, this seems like a perfect opportunity for Hamilton to get some minutes here and there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Did anybody expect him to play a full season?
    I think if that were the case, we wouldn't have strikers unavailable until july.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what has happened to JHams, he had a few one on one misses in the USL but he still young and can always poach a goal if they could roll him a ball to his feet. He needs to prove his worth from off of the bench first IMO

Babouli is signed to USL so I do t believe he can be used, unless some one knows better?

Maybe Defoe on loan Lol (openes large can of hornets)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, don't think they have the roster spots at the MLS level to give Babouli a deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is terrible news. I feel like having Jozy and Giovinco in at the same time made them both more effective. Not only did they link up well together but they also draw a lot of attention from defenders on their own which creates space for the other. I really hope TFC can adapt to what seems like a very large setback here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they can adapt with Moore as a target man, to be fair he can flick on a few nice passes. We just lose so much withouth Jozy.

Gilberto looking really good right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moore just needs some time to play with Gio and get used to his movement. He connected well with Gilberto so I have hope that he'll do the same here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Not sure what has happened to JHams, he had a few one on one misses in the USL but he still young and can always poach a goal if they could roll him a ball to his feet. He needs to prove his worth from off of the bench first IMO

Babouli is signed to USL so I do t believe he can be used, unless some one knows better?

Maybe Defoe on loan Lol (openes large can of hornets)

Lilliputian strike duo, that would be funny to see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Moore just needs some time to play with Gio and get used to his movement. He connected well with Gilberto so I have hope that he'll do the same here.
    What Moore needs to do is run, jump, and generally put in a good amount of effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is out for 5 weeks starting from May 16th, then he should be able to come back during the NYCFC game on June 20th. That is only 3 MLS games that he will miss if that's the case. Obviously games against Portland, San Jose and DC United will be a lot more difficult but it will still be only 3 games until his back. We should still be ok. Let's just hope he's back in time and not longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    What Moore needs to do is run, jump, and generally put in a good amount of effort.
    goodluck, you know how many garber bucks it would take to pickup some effort. I even think effort goes through the allocation order for Moore