Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    One thing I loved to see from Cheyrou late in the game......Hagglund got burned in the box and NE put the ball just past the post......Hagglund put his head in his hands like a "I almost blew it", and Cheyrou went up to him quickly to tell him to stop it and chin up......love to see stuff like that.....well done by Cheyrou!
    Yes, that was very cool! Hagglund was also the one that did the horrible giveaway leading to them getting to the box as well. So it's great to see a teammate encouraging him even after a terrible play like that to get his head back into the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got a good point on the road with a number of injuries. Not sure why so many are talking about how bad the team depth is. No worse than 80% of the teams in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We got a good point on the road with a number of injuries. Not sure why so many are talking about how bad the team depth is. No worse than 80% of the teams in this league.
    i agree with you. Beyond the DP's, Cheyrou is excellent, Morrow very good, and Perquis, Jackson, Warner, Findlay, Oso (in the right position), Morgan (this year), and the goalies are all MLS calibre. Jury a bit out on Hagglund, Moore and Crevealle right now. But all an upgrade from 2013 to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Well, you'd be missing out. I manage assets for a living, have done it for decades.

I am not some kid with a Jedi Warrior lunch box making speeches.
    I would never admit that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Who are you trying to convince, Ensco? You know that doens't qualify as a "fact". We could as easily argue that having a trainer who didn't understand MLS led to our players being massively overworked; Again, a report citing studies of comparative surfaces at least has some weight behind it. People repeatedly saying "people get injured, so turf is bad" do not. I could just as easily note that more than half the team didn't get hurt on turf, so it's safe, and it would be about as scientific.
    ouch, that's a row I'd like to see, an assets manager v a news reporter, two proper tough working class lads sorting it out old school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm not so sure. I feel like half the teams have a more serviceable 3rd CB than we do and more dynamic options off the bench. When we look to the subs bench, it's either a relief because the guy who started is doing so poorly or we start watching through our fingers to make sure the replacement doesn't completely fall flat.

It boggles my mind that NE can bring Rowe and Fagundez off the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have there been any updates in regards to Jozy's injury? I haven't seen anything yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I'm not so sure. I feel like half the teams have a more serviceable 3rd CB than we do and more dynamic options off the bench. When we look to the subs bench, it's either a relief because the guy who started is doing so poorly or we start watching through our fingers to make sure the replacement doesn't completely fall flat.

You watch the Galaxy match today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Even better, they could have brought on the powerhouse known as Jeremy Hall.

Joking aside, Farrell hasn't been great at CB and there's a reason why they moved Jones to the backline.

We had Creavalle and Jackson on our bench and let's not forget they helped their respective teams to Gold Cup finals as starters. There are many factors to why a player might play crap for us.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 05-18-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Even better, they could have brought on the powerhouse known as Jeremy Hall.

Joking aside, Farrell hasn't been great at CB and there's a reason why they moved Jones to the backline.

We had Creavalle and Jackson on our bench and let's not forget they helped their respective teams to Gold Cup finals as starters. There are many factors to why a player might play crap for us.
    Considering Hall has played a total of one game this season, I think the chance of that is pretty low. Jackson is okay. Creavalle is awful, let's not dance around it. Farrell playing at CB is pretty much the equivalent of Morrow in there. Not ideal, i agree. None the less beyond the first 11 I'd take what they've got to deal with over us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liked what I saw from Simonin before he got hurt. I think he could have challenged Hagglund for the spot pretty easily. Too bad we never found out if he could yet. Seems like we are stuck with Hagglund as a starter for now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i agree with you. Beyond the DP's, Cheyrou is excellent, Morrow very good, and Perquis, Jackson, Warner, Findlay, Oso (in the right position), Morgan (this year), and the goalies are all MLS calibre. Jury a bit out on Hagglund, Moore and Crevealle right now. But all an upgrade from 2013 to say the least.
    Um, you realize that was plural, right? That would include Bendik. Just keeping score for you.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    The notion of turf coming to BMO makes my blood boil.
    Not turf. Desso Grassmaster is what they've been shopping for. Picture plastic hair plugs surrounding real grass.

It's better, but not good enough.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The turf kills teams in MLS. Sure. No one knows this better than us, our 2007 and 2008 teams got destroyed by injuries on turf.

So we know that as a fact.

Our strategy on roster composition and utilization should reflect that fact.
    Watching highlights last week really pointed out how much difference the bouncy turf gives home team advantage. It also inspires simple football.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Watching highlights last week really pointed out how much difference the bouncy turf gives home team advantage. It also inspires simple football.
    Another reason why I think Petke goes to Portland in the late summer. Porter doesn't play simple.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoFC6fan View Post
    Why did we sign Moore is a question we all need to ask. From 2011 to 2015 Luke Moore has only scored 14 goals.. We signed him after he was coming off back to back seasons without a goal 14 goals in 5 years of playing pro soccer. now this is the guy we have to depend on for Goals SMH. The real question we need to ask is can Hamilton really do any worst ?
    SMH indeed. We signed Luke Moore to compliment the smaller, faster strikers that we paid a lot more for. If he was scoring in the good league he came from he wouldn't have come for the money he did.

Depend on him for goals? Yeah like 1 every 4 games like he did last year with 2 DP strikers ahead of him in the roster. He's overdue by a game unless you count his one actual start of the year and then he should have even more slack.

You don't like the way he plays. You're not alone but to look at his stats and say he didn't do enough last year is laughable.

Again, Hamilton will get his chance. He's young. He shouldn't be rushed. There is plenty of room on this team this summer for both of them to get minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine what our record would have been the first three years without the "Fortress BMO" effect
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not turf. Desso Grassmaster is what they've been shopping for. Picture plastic hair plugs surrounding real grass.

It's better, but not good enough.
    It's good enough for some of the biggest stadiums in the world like, Wembley, Anfield, Emirates, WHL, De Kuip, etc. I'm not sure why it's not good enough for BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    It's good enough for some of the biggest stadiums in the world like, Wembley, Anfield, Emirates, WHL, De Kuip, etc. I'm not sure why it's not good enough for BMO.
    How does that turf hold up with our winters?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which gridiron teams play there all season? Seriously don't need to do this in this thread as well. The Argos to BMO thread will get enough tread this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which gridiron teams play there all season? Seriously don't need to do this in this thread as well. The Argos to BMO thread will get enough tread this week.
    I thought we were just talking about the surface itself with regards to what it's like to play soccer on. Agreed, we don't need to talk about how the Argo will affect it in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    How does that turf hold up with our winters?
    Not sure why it would do any worse than any other grass.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why it would do any worse than any other grass.
    Glad we've found the common ground.

I'm trying to clear up the misunderstanding when I see it.

We are not having to consider turf. It's Desso and it's fine. It's just what comes with it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SMH indeed. We signed Luke Moore to compliment the smaller, faster strikers that we paid a lot more for. If he was scoring in the good league he came from he wouldn't have come for the money he did.

Depend on him for goals? Yeah like 1 every 4 games like he did last year with 2 DP strikers ahead of him in the roster. He's overdue by a game unless you count his one actual start of the year and then he should have even more slack.

You don't like the way he plays. You're not alone but to look at his stats and say he didn't do enough last year is laughable.

Again, Hamilton will get his chance. He's young. He shouldn't be rushed. There is plenty of room on this team this summer for both of them to get minutes.
    Rational and objective. Thank you.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why did we sign Moore is a question we all need to ask. From 2011 to 2015 Luke Moore has only scored 14 goals.. We signed him after he was coming off back to back seasons without a goal 14 goals in 5 years of playing pro soccer. now this is the guy we have to depend on for Goals SMH. The real question we need to ask is can Hamilton really do any worst ?
    14 goals in 5 years? Sure, you could look at it that way. But last year he scored six of them. If he equals that production this season as a backup, then those are serviceable numbers for a bench forward in this league.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what you are saying is that Luke Moore had a better record in his previous league coming to TFC than Altidore?