Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    Mate you have a premier league team he's simply come in and just said go out there and have it lads.
    We were sliding when he came in. Turned it around. Vanney should be able to do the same with the team at his disposal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We were sliding when he came in. Turned it around. Vanney should be able to do the same with the team at his disposal.
    I am not on the Vanney bandwagon at all but he's done a few things in the past stretch that prove that he isn't a complete idiot. He still has his moments as I question a lot of his subs and the timing of them but he did adjust the tactics to cover the back and the midfield is working well now. Of course it can and probably will fall to shit but for now, he earned the chance to stay (for now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I am not on the Vanney bandwagon at all but he's done a few things in the past stretch that prove that he isn't a complete idiot. He still has his moments as I question a lot of his subs and the timing of them but he did adjust the tactics to cover the back and the midfield is working well now. Of course it can and probably will fall to shit but for now, he earned the chance to stay (for now).
    So basically what some of us have been saying all along? Give him an opportunity to actually figure things out rather than canning him because we have a losing record and have played only 2 homes games out of 10 so far? Shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think bringing in an inexperienced coach means you have to wait for him to figure it out before you get results. That's all I'm saying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    So basically what some of us have been saying all along? Give him an opportunity to actually figure things out rather than canning him because we have a losing record and have played only 2 homes games out of 10 so far? Shocking.
    If he was till making the bone headed decisions that he did up until a few weeks ago then I wouldn't be changing my tune at all. I still think he's the wrong guy and I'd replace him as soon as a better option became available. Problem is that there aren't a lot of really better ones available right now and if he can keep the team playing at this level minimum, then I'd ride him out until the new president sacks him for his own guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. Based on what Nelson's record was at the time I thought it was a terrible move to get rid of him. It was only made worse by bringing in a guy with just as little experience.

Having said that, I like what Vanney has done this year. He's learning on the job yes, but he's done quite well considering the injuries and schedule. Like Nelson before, I want this team to finally keep their manager for at least 2 years. Lets see what they can do, and what this team can do with some consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ancelotti has the summer off, indefinitely it turns out, and a Canadian connection.

Just throwing it out there...........not seriously............but MLSE do have bags of $$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Crickets

LOL .... the silence is deafening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    LOL .... the silence is deafening
    Pretty sure someone will come in here shortly and say he still needs to be fired ��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I lol'ed at this thread earlier. We were like 80%+ to make the playoffs when it was started lol.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam not even sure the title is relevant at this point, utting Jozy on even just 10 min was genius, a great coaching decision.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be happy to eat my words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still a lot of season to go, but this should hopefully put off the usual deconstruction of who needs to lose their job for a while, at least.

Our place in the standings is pretty comfortable right now - particularly considering we have anywhere from two to four games in hand on the teams around us.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too early to say I told you so.. over and over and over and over again? Nah.. I told you so. Close this down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    Too early to say I told you so.. over and over and over and over again? Nah.. I told you so. Close this down.
    Why not merge it with "Gio best player in league thread" as i believe both are related.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Why not merge it with "Gio best player in league thread" as i believe both are related.
    Thank you
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we are playing really well + have Giovinco firing on all cylinders.

Without him, its a different mindset as to who to get the ball to, but we are still good enough within MLS to come out with strong results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think we are playing really well + have Giovinco firing on all cylinders.

Without him, its a different mindset as to who to get the ball to, but we are still good enough within MLS to come out with strong results.
    This. The team has been playing great for the last couple months. Giovinco is a stud but the team is doing great overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco is earning us the points but Vanney deserves massive credit for re-working the midfield. The double pivot wasn't working and he recognized it - now Cheyrou is the perfect deep-lying playmaker and Bradley is galloping through the middle. And he's got his two wingers focused on maintaining possession and looking for passes inside to get Giovinco more touches (last I checked we were the lowest or second-lowest crossing team in the league - and it's working).

He's also gotten more than something out of Morgan who looked like he was dead in the water coming into this season. And the backline in general has looked very solid recently (he's learned his lesson on high lines).

Absolutely no way we look this good with Nelsen or Winter or any other stubborn coach we've had who's been set in their ways. Like I said in the match thread, I'm happy to admit I think I was dead wrong about him.
    Last edited by notthesun; 06-07-2015 at 10:29 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Well said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should the title of the thread be renamed "Vanney: The Kreis Chrysalis 2"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Giovinco is earning us the points but Vanney deserves massive credit for re-working the midfield. The double pivot wasn't working and he recognized it - now Cheyrou is the perfect deep-lying playmaker and Bradley is galloping through the middle. And he's got his two wingers focused on maintaining possession and looking for passes inside to get Giovinco more touches (last I checked we were the lowest or second-lowest crossing team in the league - and it's working).

He's also gotten more than something out of Morgan who looked like he was dead in the water coming into this season. And the backline in general has looked very solid recently (he's learned his lesson on high lines).

Absolutely no way we look this good with Nelsen or Winter or any other stubborn coach we've had who's been set in their ways. Like I said in the match thread, I'm happy to admit I think I was dead wrong about him.
    Well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

I agree with everything that you've written here.

This team should be left alone (for the most part, key pieces especially, coach included) for a few years to ferment.

Their is great potential here, including the young up and coming players.

We are set up for a good 5 years with this teams DP contracts and great young up and coming players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Should the title of the thread be renamed "Vanney: The Kreis Chrysalis 2"?
    The second coming of Kreis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Crickets
    Little did I know that my "Crickets" comment that I made last night would trigger so many positive responses in this thread. So refreshing not to have to read the constant negativity all the time. Not that some of it is not warranted at times but let's enjoy these good times for now while we can.....we have waited a long time for this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I agree with everything that you've written here.

This team should be left alone (for the most part, key pieces especially, coach included) for a few years to ferment.

Their is great potential here, including the young up and coming players.

We are set up for a good 5 years with this teams DP contracts and great young up and coming players.
    The best part of all this is, once those 5 years pass, we should have more quality players coming up from our Academy system to fill in for any retiring players...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this thread should get locked, we can save our energies for more relevant threads :P Vanney's position is now officially secure (for this season at the least), moving on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    I think this thread should get locked, we can save our energies for more relevant threads :P Vanney's position is now officially secure (for this season at the least), moving on!
    I'd wait until the end of August before declaring his position is secure. All it will take is an injury to Giovinco and a bad run of form to bring out the pitchforks. Regardless, I still believe we should stick with him until mid 2016 at least.