Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1738
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Yep, but doing it in a good way imho. Wouldn't want him to lie but also to explicitly state he doesn't agree with the manager. He knows their is a better manager looking for work now..
    Who wouldn't prefer to play under Kreis? Take the real thing rather than someone who is copying him. Plus Kreis is well known as an excellent man manager. People love to play for him.

I think Vanney was reasonable secure until the news of Kreis becoming available broke. They wouldn't bring in a foreign manager and start yet another rebuild, but if they can come to terms with Kreis it would be a huge upgrade without a need to totally blow apart the team (just a few upgrades would be needed). Unexpectedly this is becoming a real era deathwatch thread.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-03-2015 at 10:36 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold on here folks.....it was not a Vanney question (unless it had a context that the tweet did not convey). Bradley the captain can hardly vouch for any status quo - he is going to be just as miffed at the way the season ended as any others you can mention. But he also can't be the driver (at least in the media) for any particular change either.

He is also working under a new president of TFC, he hardly is going to go on record about preferences for change or status quo. He is simply not the person you should be asking such questions to at this point. Bradley might have had his state of TFC press conference last year, post operation. That does not mean he should be making off season decisions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bradley is actually one of the "issues" even under Kreis. As Yohan said, I believe Bradley has too much say & clout in the current setup. That's never really healthy, and it doesn't help that Bradley has not always played well enough to deserve a special role. It may be an awkward situation for player & management, and I wonder if Kreis wants to deal with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Who wouldn't prefer to play under Kreis? Take the real thing rather than someone who is copying him. Plus Kreis is well known as an excellent man manager. People love to play for him.

I think Vanney was reasonable secure until the news of Kreis becoming available broke. They wouldn't bring in a foreign manager and start yet another rebuild, but if they can come to terms with Kreis it would be a huge upgrade without a need to totally blow apart the team (just a few upgrades would be needed). Unexpectedly this is becoming a real era deathwatch thread.
    This is it in a nutshell. A change for the sake of change does not usually produce favorable results. If there were no candidates willing to join the organization that would represent a clear upgrade, keeping Vanney might be tolerable, albeit not ideal.

If Kreis is willing to work for MLSE, which is really going to be the deciding factor, the decision to hire him should be an absolute no brainer. If that requires cleaning house in the front office, then so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think Bradley is actually one of the "issues" even under Kreis. As Yohan said, I believe Bradley has too much say & clout in the current setup. That's never really healthy, and it doesn't help that Bradley has not always played well enough to deserve a special role. It may be an awkward situation for player & management, and I wonder if Kreis wants to deal with that.
    You would think Kreis, just having been tossed from the NYCFC Lampard/Pirlo/Villa tangle, would make any future coaching job conditional on having it tangle free...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another throw under the bus???

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ pretty much.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is a very tough decision for Manning. (On the poll I voted "I'm fine with either outcome. He can stay or go.") For Manning it's a case of "damned if you do, dammed if you don't."

I do believe Manning prefers stability, and he said that right away. It was a successful guiding principle for RSL. If he fires Vanney & hires Kreis, perhaps also needs to replace Bez, some people/media will scream "but you promised stability; you only joined the club a short time ago; TFC just made the playoffs for the first time; TFC has always had too much turnover, too many coaches fired, and it's one of the biggest reason they haven't had success." And they would be right, somewhat. Vanney seems to be a smart guy, and may still grow to become a great MLS coach.

Yet Vanney could not get the defensive issues sorted (tied for most goals conceded in the league); could not organize his midfield to protect a poor back line; made many other bizarre coaching & roster decisions; probably got us Kantari & Perquis which were a disaster (especially considering their salary & reputation from France); and didn't seem to be progressing consistently after more than a year of coaching TFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    You would think Kreis, just having been tossed from the NYCFC Lampard/Pirlo/Villa tangle, would make any future coaching job conditional on having it tangle free...
    I agree that Kreis would want to demand control over issues like that. Personally I've watched Bradley closely, and have often not been happy, especially since the Gold Cup I guess. Consider his salary, DP status, captain role, and the power he seems to have in the organisation -- his play often isn't good enough, and I don't see him organizing things on the field enough either.

But Bradley is still extremely popular in many quarters, and he's been a key face of the franchise. Letting him go would have more people screaming bloody murder about the lack of consistency. And I'm not sure how well Bradley would deal with a "demotion" to being just another player under Kreis, and to play the role exactly as a cog in the machine that Kreis dictates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Another throw under the bus???
    Hopefully we stick to a formation where a physically dominant forward is able to win a few balls and/or hold the ball up for his teammates on occasion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bus is busy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the honesty. I don't think it is throwing Vanney under the bus to say what a lot of us were thinking. Just telling it like it is. Translations are always difficult tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, i'm not sure if it's throwing Vanney under the bus either but the critical tone of the comments when Vanney has yet to step to the podium, just seems off to me.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bus is busy

This all points to Vanney being toast (and the players knowing it). The bus is being moved forward and backward over Vanney.

Yea, i'm not sure if it's throwing Vanney under the bus either but the critical tone of the comments when Vanney has yet to step to the podium, just seems off to me.
    Will Vanney actually show? Good question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like the dressing room has decided his fate if the leaders in it "aren't commenting" or saying "set-up was all wrong". Guys on lower wages can't get away with that stuff.

Whatever Vanney says I am not that interested. Waiting for Bez aha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can put all rumors aside:

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN 3m3 minutes ago
    TFC president Bill Manning: "Greg deserves the opportunity to continue..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney is staying (on a short leash).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nooooooooo.

.. continue as Kreis' assistant? (fingers crossed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see Kreis staying unemployed.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't we be great?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stability for stability's sake? Sounds like it to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Manning is passing on Jason Kreis who will most certainly sign with someone else. That's an opportunity wasted. When is the last time we had a chance to sign an experienced, winning, MLS coach? Never, right? Manning thinks that Vanney can fix the defense and concede "only" 45 goals next season? Sorry, Manning. Vanney conceded 1.5 per game in 2014 (reg season) and 1.7 per game in 2015 (reg season). Zero evidence that he was fixing anything. Trending opposite direction.

Oh well, that's that. Vanney continues.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see the Video but Manning sounds like the real deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They decreased ticket prices right??? Oh wait..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't we be great?
    Because we hand the keys over to rookies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the bar.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    So Manning is passing on Jason Kreis who will most certainly sign with someone else. That's an opportunity wasted. When is the last time we had a chance to sign an experienced, winning, MLS coach? Never, right? Manning thinks that Vanney can fix the defense and concede "only" 45 goals next season? Sorry, Manning. Vanney conceded 1.5 per game in 2014 (reg season) and 1.7 per game in 2015 (reg season). Zero evidence that he was fixing anything. Trending opposite direction.

Oh well, that's that. Vanney continues.
    Kreis' NYCFC conceded just as many goals as TFC. just saying... maybe it's not the coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Kreis didn't want a ticket to the gong show? I can only hope because this is a poor decision otherwise.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I will easily get over TFC passing on Kreis. That's worse IMO than our playoff loss in Montreal. But maybe it's true he didn't want to work for MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kreis' NYCFC conceded just as many goals as TFC. just saying... maybe it's not the coach.
    Yes, but, that farce of a "football pitch" Yankee stadium is made for scoring goals.