Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking: Klopp not coming to TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Well you know that as much as I give credit to Vanney for our offense, I am with you as far as were the responsibility for our defensive performance is.
    Nonsense. If you want to give credit to vanney, it should be for the shambolic defending all season long with one of the worst, if not thee worst, GA in the league. Its so obvious that SEBA is running the whole offence show. Vanney's problem is that he has very little concern for the back line. The DM's are always caught out of position far too often on the counter attack. The defence need support and Vanney is doing nothing about orchestrating a tight knit defensive unit which is in dire need. The reality is, the Reds need to score 2-3 sometimes even 4 goals to get the win. It's just too easy to single out and put blame on our defenders. Perquis, Kuntari and Williams are actually decent defenders, by MLS standards, although without proper support from the midfield, goals will mount up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will see what happens. Although all the commentators are saying TFC is on the verge of securing a p****** spot. It is not done yet. To their credit TFC have won the games they were supposed to. However, NYRB game on Wednesday will be tough since all three DP's will either be away or back and tired. So let's call that a loss. Then they have to play Columbus at home. This is must win or tie. Beating Montreal away I do not like our chances. So if Vanney wins against Columbus he stays. If we loose against Columbus we miss the p******s and Vanney is fired 24 hours after season ends.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    We will see what happens. Although all the commentators are saying TFC is on the verge of securing a p****** spot. It is not done yet. To their credit TFC have won the games they were supposed to. However, NYRB game on Wednesday will be tough since all three DP's will either be away or back and tired. So let's call that a loss. Then they have to play Columbus at home. This is must win or tie. Beating Montreal away I do not like our chances. So if Vanney wins against Columbus he stays. If we loose against Columbus we miss the p******s and Vanney is fired 24 hours after season ends.
    You forgot the us backing into the p******s option. I don't see Orlando winning out so we should be in no matter our results.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Nonsense. If you want to give credit to vanney, it should be for the shambolic defending all season long with one of the worst, if not thee worst, GA in the league. Its so obvious that SEBA is running the whole offence show. Vanney's problem is that he has very little concern for the back line. The DM's are always caught out of position far too often on the counter attack. The defence need support and Vanney is doing nothing about orchestrating a tight knit defensive unit which is in dire need. The reality is, the Reds need to score 2-3 sometimes even 4 goals to get the win. It's just too easy to single out and put blame on our defenders. Perquis, Kuntari and Williams are actually decent defenders, by MLS standards, although without proper support from the midfield, goals will mount up.
    Vanney has very little concern for the back line?

That's nonsense. People looking solely at results on performance can completely assume what they want but assuming a professional coach who played as a defender concentrates only on the strengths on the team because they perform and comparatively ignores the defenders because they are a weak link is just conjecture.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahhahhaha. I have to assume that you have never read any of my other posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Hahahahhahhaha. I have to assume that you have never read any of my other posts.
    Im not gong to read your 21k posts to reply to a single post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I do not expect you too, but clearly you did not read those in this thread, as I say pretty much everything that you say. I have never been accused of being a Vanney supporter. I have been critical from the start of the season, but I do give him credit were credit is due.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is now redundant, no chance Vanney gets canned any time soon. His strategy against NYRB was perfect, formation, use of subs etc. was very effective. We can complain about defense, but this is a winning team peaking at the right time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    This thread is now redundant, no chance Vanney gets canned any time soon. His strategy against NYRB was perfect, formation, use of subs etc. was very effective. We can complain about defense, but this is a winning team peaking at the right time.
    Anyone who calls themselves "Oldtimer" knows that, around here, anything can happen!

But I take your point. This team is heating up when it matters, which is all you can ask for.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Three cheers!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can breath another day !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit to Vanney tonight, he got selections and tactics bang on against a pretty good Red Bulls line up. The players were also really up for it and credit has to go to him for that. All round, it was inspired. Quite interesting how well we played in the 4-2-3-1 without Bradley and with five in the midfield. Interesting to see who plays on Saturday. Worried about Perquis and Jackson.

seba: Man of the Match, but Jackson gave him a run for his money.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-14-2015 at 09:54 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney stays until the end of next season. The only goal that ever really mattered has been met.

Next season, there will be different expectations, the level of which will be decided upon by results in the next few weeks.

But, I would say this thread goes dormant until at least May of next season (assuming we start again with another long road trip).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney out.

Nvm, we're second place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is redundant until the beginning of next season where we will inevitably struggle in our first run of games (we have a similar road trip to this year)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won, we made the playoffs, it was a good team performance, disciplined, organized, BUT we still gave up a goal late, when we seemed to be a little bit frantic, for the lack of a better word. So while clearly Vanney is not about to fired, and yesterday was a much better overall defensive performance we need many more before the question about our defensive issues go away.
    Last edited by trane; 10-15-2015 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Vanney out.

Nvm, we're second place.
    And for all the Carl Robinson love (not saying it's undeserved at all, to be clear), we have a better PPG now than the Whitecaps, with a game in hand on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to give credit to Vanney for the 4-2-3-1 as I knew that was the best formation for the second string lineup. Gave the Red bulls nothing. Very impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to give credit to Vanney for the 4-2-3-1 as I knew that was the best formation for the second string lineup. Gave the Red bulls nothing. Very impressed.
    yup I thought the setup was perfect for the game. I though Cheyrou and Warner really protected the back line well last night. I've been critical of Vanney all seaon, but fair play to him last night, he got it right.It's no secret I have great dislike for Perquis but even he was looking comfortable until he got injured.We all know that strength in depth at times has been our weakness this season, but the so called second string showed up and performed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all knew that Vanney was no dummy when it came to theoretical stuff in tactics, but another evidence that he learns from experience. TFC got trashed last time playing NYRB and he adjusted. Compact 4-2-3-1 was able to break NYRB high pressure with midfielders having outlets for short passes and Cheyrou and Warner did a phenomenal job protecting the back 4.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing to note is that he kept the same back four. He could have shuffled Jackson into midfield, move Morgan to LB and Morrow to RB, but he remained consistent, taking the offensive hit by moving Morgan further up the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What he needs to do moving forward is keep the same formation and have the attacking midfield consist of Osorio (R), Bradley (C) and Seba (L) with Altidore up front. Warner and Cheyrou as the two DM's is our best option. If Vanney puts Altidore out on the wing again, he truly doesn't get it. Seba likes to be out on the left anyways so leave him out there. I don't care if he tracks back much because he does so much damage coming off the left wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key is consistency on the back line and two DMs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Another thing to note is that he kept the same back four. He could have shuffled Jackson into midfield, move Morgan to LB and Morrow to RB, but he remained consistent, taking the offensive hit by moving Morgan further up the pitch.
    I think that was mostly down to needing to move Osorio to the AM position, and that it was useful to use a speed option on the left because Connor Lade is as slow as molasses. Regardless it worked out in the best way possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would figure Vanney would be a lock to return but the Kreis rumors are getting stronger and he would be Manning's guy so to speak. Lots will depend on what happens this weekend and next week. We flounder and I think we're back on for the possible "Thanks to Greg Vanney for leading us this far but we feel we need a manager with more experience and a proven track record to help us reach the next level. The championship level."

Would not be surprised.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Would figure Vanney would be a lock to return but the Kreis rumors are getting stronger and he would be Manning's guy so to speak. Lots will depend on what happens this weekend and next week. We flounder and I think we're back on for the possible "Thanks to Greg Vanney for leading us this far but we feel we need a manager with more experience and a proven track record to help us reach the next level. The championship level."

Would not be surprised.
    Kreis would not be a bad move. Similar style, so no need to overhaul the roster, but much more experienced and wily.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kreis can deal with big money players?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note, from what I can see the Kreis rumours are all coming out of one tweet made by a blogger out of Portland. Anybody got anything more concrete about NYCFC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we stop bringing this thread back to life.
    The horse can only take so much.