0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miguel Herrera

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cmon guys, none of these names is coming here unless he gets to rip the roster apart. Bez would have to be fired (or neutralized) as part of a hire like that.

Are we really making that call midseason, again, for the 4th time in 6 years?

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I thought we were just naming guys that have zero chance of becoming TFC manager.

NVM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jose Mourinho might be out of a job soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before this season, would anyone have picked Marsch to do well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He was always well regarded and thought to have been given a rough go in MTL, it's not that surprising. At least to me anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did. I wanted him here back when Montreal canned him. I wanted Petke too so we'll see how well he does in his next job too after we hire another manager with zero experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Miguel Herrera
    Holy shit this would be craZy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I thought he got the short end of the stick in Montreal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no issue with anything going on right now, just relax, catch your breath, lots of footy still to be played. Greg needs to stay in place and allow for this to truly come together ! By the way the Reds will more than likely be playing in the shadows of what has taken this city by storm, the Blue Jays. This could be a good thing as the Reds will not be the focus of the media spotlight and can just do their thing !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ This here is the winning TFC attitude, since 2007.

Love it. We have not been able to defend all season long, have you not noticed? Vanney has done some good things, he is certainly not the worst manager we have had, BUT defending is an issue that he has not been able to resolve. This was the problem all along, we were just lucky enough that some monster offensive performances resulted in points, despite the horrible defending, but we cannot win long term that way. So if we want too do more then possibly just make it into the playoffs, we should address the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Miguel Herrera
    Can he speak English? That's actually a really interesting idea, he's got enough clout and experience and maybe even understands the North American game since he managed in Liga MX.

Vanney still needs to be given the year, its madness to make a change now unless you really got an ace up the sleeve.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ This here is the winning TFC attitude, since 2007.

Love it. We have not been able to defend all season long, have you not noticed? Vanney has done some good things, he is certainly not the worst manager we have had, BUT defending is an issue that he has not been able to resolve. This was the problem all along, we were just lucky enough that some monster offensive performances resulted in points, despite the horrible defending, but we cannot win long term that way. So if we want too do more then possibly just make it into the playoffs, we should address the problem.
    I and many others would argue the winning approach that has doomed TFC season after season is the one you are suggesting - ditching a coach mid season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Can he speak English? That's actually a really interesting idea, he's got enough clout and experience and maybe even understands the North American game since he managed in Liga MX.

Vanney still needs to be given the year, its madness to make a change now unless you really got an ace up the sleeve.
    Not 100% sure if he can speak English tbh.

He’s been very complimentary of MLS, by Mexican standards at least, when having to talk about picking Mexican players in MLS (Cubo and Dos Santos). That led me to believe he’s probably open to coaching here at some point and he’ll probably be a great hire for a MLS side eventually.

Having said that, zero chance he is coming here or to MLS in the short to medium term. He’ll be waiting for the Club America job to come available again and given their start to the season he probably wont have to wait that long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We better not fire Vanney mid season. Only end of season is ok for me if things don't pan out. I just want to just see what fucking happens for once!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I and many others would argue the winning approach that has doomed TFC season after season is the one you are suggesting - ditching a coach mid season.
    The problem is not who we fired, the problem is who we hired after. We fire without having an alternative, and if we are going to bring in the next guy on the bench there is not point.
    Last edited by trane; 08-17-2015 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be perfectly honest it's too late to fire Vanney and succeed. If we were going to fire him it should have come before the halfway mark in the season so as to afford his replacement a reasonable number of games to get his system right as well as for him to have a transfer window to make adjustments. Keep him till the end and evaluate from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last few games have been shit but im not quite ready to write off Vanney, especially as we are in 4th place with plenty of games to play at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think we should let Vanney see out the season. Then they will have to review and sort out the future of this club. If we make the play-offs and do not get knocked out brutally in the first round then I feel that this would be sufficient enough to let Vanney take the team into next season. Short of that, no, he'd have to go. Especially since pretty much no one thinks he's a good coach. Not one person from what I've seen. I've seen TONS of comments from TFC fans, Toronto media, media outside, football fans in general in North America, all of them pretty much say that Vanney makes odd tactical decisions. On top of that add to that the fact that we can't seem to fix any problems. Nothing ever gets fixed. We're still letting in tons of goals. We still look weak in midfield. We rely 100% on the production made by ONE player. Overall I don't think Vanney can be said to be a good coach by anyone's standard. But hey, might surprise us all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd how former TFC managers are pretty much unemployed
    yet former players get better as players and/or managers

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where are you now that I need you !

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C.C. is still the best coach we've ever had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Especially since pretty much no one thinks he's a good coach. Not one person from what I've seen. I've seen TONS of comments from TFC fans, Toronto media, media outside, football fans in general in North America, all of them pretty much say that Vanney makes odd tactical decisions. On top of that add to that the fact that we can't seem to fix any problems. Nothing ever gets fixed. We're still letting in tons of goals. We still look weak in midfield. We rely 100% on the production made by ONE player. Overall I don't think Vanney can be said to be a good coach by anyone's standard. But hey, might surprise us all.
    I'm pretty sure that Bruce Arena's opinion matters more than any opinion held by the soccer public or pundits, and he rates Vanney as good. I think everyone is forgetting that MLS doesn't just exist to improve the American player pool, but also the American coaching pool as well. Vanney isn't going anywhere - the Don and USSF want him developing with good talent at his disposal so he knows what to do with it when he eventually becomes a USMNT coach in about 3 world cup cycles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Bruce Arena's opinion matters more than any opinion held by the soccer public or pundits, and he rates Vanney as good. I think everyone is forgetting that MLS doesn't just exist to improve the American player pool, but also the American coaching pool as well. Vanney isn't going anywhere - the Don and USSF want him developing with good talent at his disposal so he knows what to do with it when he eventually becomes a USMNT coach in about 3 world cup cycles.
    But TFC is Canadian team sanction by CSA so they don't have to do any favours for USMNT and USSF.

Vanney will just get hire by some other US based MLS club if he's let go in Toronto if MLS/USSF is so worry about Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC may be a Canadian team, but I think Garber and the MLS FO has shown through their actions/inaction that they don't care about Canadian development. It's doubtful that Vanney would get access to as many high-profile/quality players with any other team in the league beyond the top five that have been shown to be willing to spend that might have a vacancy available. Arena/Vermes/Sigi/Marsch aren't going anywhere.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley to the rescue LOL ( :

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have had, what 7 or 8 head coaches in our short history. But have any of them come in as proven experienced winners?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    TFC may be a Canadian team, but I think Garber and the MLS FO has shown through their actions/inaction that they don't care about Canadian development. It's doubtful that Vanney would get access to as many high-profile/quality players with any other team in the league beyond the top five that have been shown to be willing to spend that might have a vacancy available. Arena/Vermes/Sigi/Marsch aren't going anywhere.
    On paper, CSA has more power than USSF/MLS on TFC. USSF can't force TFC to have American coaches. They have no power on TFC besides letting MLS have CDN teams in their league. CSA in the other hand, they have to sanction TFC if they want to play in MLS. CSA on paper can threaten TFC and MLS if they're trying have influence on Canadian clubs to help out USSF.