Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't think scraping into the playoffs and losing in the first round with the highest payroll in the league will be considered a success by anyone's standards, even the casual fan base.

I think ownership has gone above and beyond for this organization. The onus is on management to fulfill reasonable expectations, and so far, they have fallen short considering the resources afforded to them.
    I believe Bez has already commented that anything shy of the MLS Cup this year is considered unacceptable. While I don't necessarily think that, a quick exit from the playoffs would be damaging to the careers of the existing coaching staff given the expenditures of the organization.

It is fascinating to note that depsite our best season ever in terms of results, it still feels like the team has not performed at a high enough standard. With the possible exception of Giovinco.

I suspect Vanney's future will lie in the hands of several key players as to whether they think he performed. My opinion (and just my opinion) this team should be better than their record indicates. They have underperformed looking at the talent available. The lack of a solid back line has plagued this team for 8 years prior to this one, and we're still in the same position, despite having scored more goals than TFC has ever scored in a single season. We have a plus/minus of minus 1. I hope someone answers for that.
    Last edited by CoachGT; 09-22-2015 at 03:45 PM.