Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not heard a single person say that vanney has done a good job.

In the end kreis makes way too much sense for this team for it to actually happen .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    did you take a poll or something? because other than few people here, doesn't seem like people are on fire vanney train yet
    Thank you, was going to point this out to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We would be absolutely mental to not hire Kreis. He literally ticks all the boxes.

I don't care if Vanney has done a good job or not - proven performance is the bottom line. Tack on the fact he plays a style that reasonably fits the current makeup of our roster and it is a no-brainer.

Back up the truck with money already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Thank you, was going to point this out to.
    So do you think the majority of TFC fans want to keep Vanney? I know you and Yohan are not fans of assumptions, but I honestly haven't seen but a few people who want to keep Vanney. Do you need a poll for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We would be absolutely mental to not hire Kreis. He literally ticks all the boxes.

I don't care if Vanney has done a good job or not - proven performance is the bottom line. Tack on the fact he plays a style that reasonably fits the current makeup of our roster and it is a no-brainer.

Back up the truck with money already.
    100% Most of have been asking for an experienced MLS who has had success. Kreis was in a bad position at NYCFC with a really old DP core he was forced to play. I don't care how, get Kreis here before someone snatches him up. Give him 2 years to fully implement his system. Lez go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poll poll poll!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judging by Twitter there's a lot of unhappy NYCFC fans.

I wonder if the response would be the same if Vanney was sacked.

Feel free to see what they say in the comments: https://twitter.com/NYCFC

This could be sent from the heavens for us if we're smart enough to go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much worse could it have been to play Ashtone Morgan IN POSITION and Justin Morrow IN POSITION all season? Feel like the obvious was NEVER tried this past year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bgnewf View Post
    how much worse could it have been to play Ashtone Morgan IN POSITION and Justin Morrow IN POSITION all season? Feel like the obvious was NEVER tried this past year.
    uh, both Morrow and Morgan are LBs?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kreis makes sense and I think Manning would consider, but only if Kreis really wants the job. He's not going to beg him.

Bez is not getting fired. Put that out of your head.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 11-02-2015 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    So do you think the majority of TFC fans want to keep Vanney? I know you and Yohan are not fans of assumptions, but I honestly haven't seen but a few people who want to keep Vanney. Do you need a poll for this?
    Wouldnt hurt but youre right, i dont like assumptions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt hurt but youre right, i dont like assumptions.
    A poll on here still doesnt represent a majority of TFC fans ftr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go for it make an offer - nothing to lose trying to improve the most important position in the club. It would save a fortune in Player signings if you had a good manager. You don't have to fire Vanney first only if your offer is accepted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A poll on here still doesnt represent a majority of TFC fans ftr
    If that's your criteria then we can never say the "majority wants, etc." on here. In fact, we can't even assume that TFC fans want to win. Honestly, I don't know why this became such a big thing. So let's just say that some people want him gone. Not very descriptive of the mood that's out there, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sure did - that is hilarious. NYCFC will have a Man City roller coaster. Maybe Lampard will be the player coach?

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    God damn, they did not mince words either in that statement. Threw him under the bus and ran over him a few times for good measure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    They sure did - that is hilarious. NYCFC will have a Man City roller coaster. Maybe Lampard will be the player coach?
    Rumour says Vieira to NYC farm club
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    UPDATE: Jason Kreis has been sacked.

Commence wild speculation.
    I'd welcome him with open arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Bez is not getting fired. Put that out of your head.
    Why not? He's in inexperienced hire with no track record. We've fired people with way more sticking power than him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For specific details - Kreis helped RSL make the playoffs 7 years in a row, win a championship, play attractive soccer and all this on a low budget. That's the experience this club badly needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about everything NYCFC has done so far is fucking dumb.

Vanney hasn't moved the meter for me. At times he looked like he was figuring some things out, others he looked lost. Essentially looked the part of a newbie. Will he take enough steps forward to correct the issues and make us a threat? I'm not so sure with the course of the season we just saw. Kries wouldn't bother me one bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's your criteria then we can never say the "majority wants, etc." on here. In fact, we can't even assume that TFC fans want to win. Honestly, I don't know why this became such a big thing. So let's just say that some people want him gone. Not very descriptive of the mood that's out there, though.
    Wasnt meant as a personal attack, just resent the stance that ALL TFC supporters want Vanney gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because this TFC roster cannot play the way Kreis normally plays.
    But if you can do it in Football Manager.....

Kreis in would mean probably a 4th-7th place finish next season as we retool and then consistent top 3. And a lot of complaints about adjustments.

It should be noted that NYCFC was a bad defence this season to; some of that was due to Man City parachuting in players just not ready to do the effort needed to deal with players running at them from strange angles. Some of it was the dinky field. Some of that was Kreis trying to mandate his approach to defence on a first year team - they would have been better next season under him for sure.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want Vanney gone, and apart from a few very vocal supporters, I haven't heard anything from anyone or read much in the papers. So I think the idea that "everyone" wants him gone is based on a very small sample that's not representative.

However the chance to take advantage of NYCFC's stupidity and nab Kreis is too good to pass up. Roll out the MLSE money truck!

FWIW, I disagree with Yohan, not many adjustments are needed to play Kreis's style, Vanney was copying Kreis anyways.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 11-02-2015 at 09:46 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

FWIW, I disagree with Yohan, not many adjustments are needed to play Kreis's style, Vanney was copying Kreis anyways.
    we don't have the players that can play Kreis's style

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave Vanney the benefit of the doubt for much of the season. Scratched my head quite a few times over some questionable line up changes, but, the squad always seemed to bounce back. The last three games sealed his fate for me. Not quick enough to adapt/change style...subs way too late in the game. Again, poor line up choices.
    If Kreis is interested SIGN HIM!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasnt meant as a personal attack, just resent the stance that ALL TFC supporters want Vanney gone.
    The majority. Easily. I can find you many threads (including this one) where the majority of people speak out against Vanney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I don't want Vanney gone, and apart from a few very vocal supporters, I haven't heard anything from anyone or read much in the papers. So I think the idea that "everyone" wants him gone is based on a very small sample that's not representative.

However the chance to take advantage of NYCFC's stupidity and nab Kreis is too good to pass up. Roll out the MLSE money truck!

I like to read user comments when online (articles, twitter stuff, etc.) and it's been overwhelmingly against Vanney - but that's besides the point. If you put up Vanney's credentials/history and compare it with Kreis then I hope most people can see the logic in making the change. If possible. Not sure if he even wants to come here. (His phone will be ringing all day long).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The majority. Easily. I can find you many threads (including this one) where the majority of people speak out against Vanney.
    This thread, or even this board doesn't even represent the typical TFC supporter, or even the typical RPB.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to read user comments when online (articles, twitter stuff, etc.) and it's been overwhelmingly against Vanney - but that's besides the point. If you put up Vanney's credentials/history and compare it with Kreis then I hope most people can see the logic in making the change. If possible. Not sure if he even wants to come here. (His phone will be ringing all day long).
    Not your average person. The average fan doesn't tweet on TFC'S coach, they don't even know his name. They probably have heard of Giovinco though. :-)