Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    We are in a playoff spot, after 7 games on a road, and have games in hand on most teams.

Lets fire everybody cuz that's so TFC.

*sigh*...
    In a playoff spot due to one great half and a couple wins over very poor teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney's road record in MLS this year is above-average. One point a game is what you could expect, he's done better than that.
    He's had one game at home.

If TFC fires Vanney at this point they are stupid.
    Do you attribute that to Vanney's ability as a coach or two of our DP's snatching points for us? Big difference. With the exception of the Vancouver game - it's the latter IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    We are in a playoff spot, after 7 games on a road, and have games in hand on most teams.

Lets fire everybody cuz that's so TFC.

*sigh*...
    See my post above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In a playoff spot due to one great half and a couple wins over very poor teams.
    And because the bottom 6 teams in the East are utter crap. We'd be in relegation territory if this was that kind of league. In MLS we're in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sir Alex repeatedly said the second a player becomes bigger than the manager - the manager has lost the team.

If the stuff about Bradley doing what he wants is true , then Vanney HS lost the team and needs to be replaced by someone with more authority.

He might be good with lower profile players, but if the DP's are calling the shots we are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney has to go. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    Vanney has to go. Simple as that.
    I agree - but only if someone better is lined up. To repeat the pattern of firing him and replacing him with whoever happens to be available is a bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ask this question every time.. Who do you all want to be hired as a replacement?

I saw someone mention Fraser.. seriously? a guy with pretty much the same amount of experience?

Petke? Does he bring with him a CB and a RB which is what we need more than a management change?

An international manager? A guy who's never been involved in a cap system or around players that are full of athletic ability but have no technique?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^offer Arena or Schmidt 6 million a year and see what happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    why would they want to come to a dysfunctional mess that gives coaches 6 months at best for success

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    why would they want to come to a dysfunctional mess that gives coaches 6 months at best for success
    The same reason that Defoe, or Bradley or Giovinco would. The money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know if Arena or Schmidt would be the answer...... maybe someone like Paul Lambert, Harry Redknapp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry Redknapp would be hilarious. Anyway, how many more games do we have to lose before Vanney gets sacked?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should give Nigel Pearson some cash to come here. He'd sort out our attitude problems fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Lagerway is turning down the MLSE dump truck of cash. Arena and Schmidt sure as hell ain't taking if either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 minutes to midnight now. Clock is ticking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need Mariner as a president and Preki as a coach.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Still hoping that a new team president is hired and if changes are part of that, they are done in an orderly and up front manner.

Hey, it's possible!

Haha! Good one!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same reason that Defoe, or Bradley or Giovinco would. The money.
    the thing is those players tend to have a slightly higher stay here, note i said slightly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If Lagerway is turning down the MLSE dump truck of cash. Arena and Schmidt sure as hell ain't taking if either.
    this is what im saying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I would just like to mention, I would find it really silly to sack Vanney & hire a new coach shortly before Leiweke is replaced. Sets up for the next coach firing/hiring a few months later, and lets us uselessly churn through an additional dozen or two players in the meantime.

But since it's silly, TFC will probably do it, especially if we & the media bray about it loud enough.

A big part of the problem is the fans and supporters on the message boards and social media.

The front office is so eager to please the fans in general that they are influenced into stupid irrational decisions.

Obviously no one should be fired until Lieweke's replacement is found. That person should keep and fire the GM and coach as he sees fit. Not be tied to them because they were just hired in a stupid knee jerk reaction.

Doing so is irrational/stupid/short sighted/and so TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    This is fucking stupid and exactly the reason why coaches never get a chance here.

Yup. So frustrating to see it repeat whenever their is a slight hiccup in the road.

We are a bunch of weak bitches.

Vanney had us win 3 out of 7 on the road.

Let the man have 7 home games at the very least to see what he can do before starting this thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Yup. So frustrating to see it repeat whenever their is a slight hiccup in the road.

We are a bunch of weak bitches.

Vanney had us win 3 out of 7 on the road.

Let the man have 7 home games at the very least to see what he can do before starting this thread.
    We keep playing like we are and by the time we reach 7 home games we'll be writing off the year at the end of June. Or we could squeak into 6th in the weak as shit East and then throw a party for Vanney and give him an extension. I'm going with Pookie on this, the playoff bar is a low one and I think we should expect something better than what we are seeing. Weekly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this season is a joke. might as well burned my $2500.
    FUUUCCCCKKKK ML$E!! FUCCCCKKK BEZ!!! FUUUCCCKK VANNEY!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    this is what im saying.
    And yet nobody listens...

"We can get Bradley" He aint leaving Europe
    "Throw cash at Arena or Schmidt" They are arent leaving the best run teams, already on good money and earned quite a bit in their long careers,living in far more favourable locales to come to a MLSE run shit show.
    And an experienced European coach isn't going to be a magic bullet. Look at Owen Coyle. Houston may have won on Sunday but they are struggling overall and Dynamo fans aren't convinced about him

Seriously. The only hope is that Gandini is hired as prez and takes a few months to get the lay of the land and get his own people in.

edit: if im in charge of running this club and i'm looking to hire a new coach, im not looking at Europe. Im looking at Mexico.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 05-13-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

edit: if im in charge of running this club and i'm looking to hire a new coach, im not looking at Europe. Im looking at Mexico.
    Interesting about looking to Mexico for a coach. I wonder why a lot of teams don't do that in the first place, unless its for a desire to give American coaches the experience. When I think of Mexican coaches, I think of Antonio Mohamed. I remember when he was the coach of club Tijuana a few years back and they went on a magnificent run. I think he's with Monterrey now but he would be an interesting proposition with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd really like to change my avatar, so no firing just yet.

End of the season, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney's road record in MLS this year is above-average. One point a game is what you could expect, he's done better than that.
    He's had one game at home.

If TFC fires Vanney at this point they are stupid.
    its the lack of tactical coherence, the giving up goals easily, and the poor man management that are the issues.

under Vanney, the second half against Vancouver was excellent and showed our potential. ( we were lucky to still be in the game given he sitter that was missed but that's an aside). The next three games we were horribly weak defensively and playing Hagglund out of position against a pace-y player was a huge mistake. The next two games we eked out victory against poor opponents, and the home opener the tactics, formation, use of Bradley, and motivation were all wrong. Last night pluses and minuses: the formation may be better and Bradley used better, but again we are exposed defensively. On balance, not very good.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-14-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to ask the question though if part of the revolving door of coaches is simply part of the culture, or is it an effect of continually hiring inexperienced people and watching them learn on the job. Personally, I think it's a bit of both.

Although I think the whole listening to the fans and sacking based on season ticket sales mentality went out the door with Anselmi and company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They main goal should be to hire the correct President. Once that person is in place they will then implement the top down structure. Still early, see what Vanney gets out of the team. The results haven't been amazing, but 9 points in 7 road games is good in MLS. Last night we won but ultimately didn't advance. Defense is the issue. If this isn't addressed in the summer window then idk. No cap room is not an excuse, we knew that the team needed 1-2 CB's last year, because Caldwell's health was already in question.