Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One of them is an Arsenal fan, so you know what kind of douche he is.

I kid, I kid, but seriously...

I don't think calling TFC rep to complain will do anything positive for this situation.

I think the best solution for something like this is a good ol' public shaming - makes them look dumb in front of their families, friends and employers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's less to do with the language and much more to do with sexually harassing women and making them feel uncomfortable while they try to do their jobs. Some people have actually been charged in some places. It's ridiculous how often people do this.

Oh, and did you know that the original clips were fake? (There's obviously some language in this so probably NSFW for most people.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqXqtERHQM
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless this woman is 6'0 tall these guys are little fucking twerps. Anybody defending these mental midgets or their comments are fucking idiots.

These guys are SSH why don't we find out where they sit and ridicule them? Just a thought.

This video has gone viral Methinks some people might be losing their jobs.
    Last edited by habstfc; 05-11-2015 at 09:39 PM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not happy about being dragged into this when clearly (hopefully it is clear to everyone here) it is not representative of our core supporters. People are shocked mostly and good on the reporter for nailing them, but as yellow jersey guy displayed, a contingent out there think it's no big deal... younger generation take heed.... Good to get some publicity about the unacceptable nature, just hope not too much on our backs (and tfc FO takes care of it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    I think it's less to do with the language and much more to do with sexually harassing women and making them feel uncomfortable while they try to do their jobs. Some people have actually been charged in some places. It's ridiculous how often people do this.

Oh, and did you know that the original clips were fake? (There's obviously some language in this so probably NSFW for most people.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCqXqtERHQM

Yup, they are all fake, I think they are hilarious because most people who do it don't even realize it....

It has nothing to do with sexual harassment. It's all about interrupting live broadcasts regardless if the reporter is male or female. Moreover the reporters workplace would be the TV station. If this guy went into the TV station, to the reporters desk and interrupted her working it would be a completely different story. Also The only places where people have been charged for these types of things have hypocritical restrictions on freedom of speech usually advocated on the behalf of feminazi's or religious figures......

Also any person on here who chants vulgar chants in the stadium then calls for this guy to be banned is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFizik View Post
    not happy about being dragged into this when clearly (hopefully it is clear to everyone here) it is not representative of our core supporters. People are shocked mostly and good on the reporter for nailing them, but as yellow jersey guy displayed, a contingent out there think it's no big deal... younger generation take heed.... Good to get some publicity about the unacceptable nature, just hope not too much on our backs (and tfc FO takes care of it)

Are you the speech police now? What is acceptable and unacceptable speech? Such is a very slippery slope to push the boulder over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't as uncommon as I originally thought.

I wouldn't post videos on here, but I have seen videos of World Cup soccer fans and a Maple Leaf fan (he probably did prank the best) doing this prank live on Toronto news channels.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IDIOT,period
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    Yup, they are all fake, I think they are hilarious because most people who do it don't even realize it....

It has nothing to do with sexual harassment. It's all about interrupting live broadcasts regardless if the reporter is male or female. Moreover the reporters workplace would be the TV station. If this guy went into the TV station, to the reporters desk and interrupted her working it would be a completely different story. Also The only places where people have been charged for these types of things have hypocritical restrictions on freedom of speech usually advocated on the behalf of feminazi's or religious figures......

Also any person on here who chants vulgar chants in the stadium then calls for this guy to be banned is a hypocrite. Plain and simple.
    I understand that the motive of the perpetrators is to interrupt the live broadcast and not necessarily to harass people. In fact, that's what the guys in that video were (sort of) saying. That doesn't mean it's not harassment just the same.

I also didn't say it was work place harassment, I said they were being harassed while working. You can't argue that the reporter wasn't working.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    One of them is an Arsenal fan, so you know what kind of douche he is.

I kid, I kid, but seriously...

I don't think calling TFC rep to complain will do anything positive for this situation.

I think the best solution for something like this is a good ol' public shaming - makes them look dumb in front of their families, friends and employers.
    Why don't you find out the person's name who's the douche, not name a club a douche just saying?

And Yes, I agree every team has an ahole supporter but that's the person not the club.

These people in the video are douches.

The club\fan supporter person and others you're referring to don't look familiar within our TFC supporters or other fan clubs.

I would personally have a word with him if I knew or saw him or the others.

I do agree with you in some respects.

That's not cool.

GlenM
    Last edited by GlenM; 05-11-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying the tapes are fake does not excuse this behaviour. The reality of what happens on the street with these incidents is harassment. And this happens again and again and again.

That faked tapes are used as a justification to say what are clearly hurtful and unwanted things to others is to me a far worse slippery slope then any danger of thought being banned. Faked media existance does not justify such activities.

Like it or not, we do not have the right in this country to say whatever we want whenever we want. That's the contract we enter into in order to live here. The norms of the internet may have us believe we can say anything to anybody but twitter is not the judge here. The courts have indicated otherwise.

This behaviour is harassment, as defined in the human rights code and in labour law. i.e. You couldn't do this anywhere you work, nor can you do this to any adult outside of the privacy of a consensual relationship. The issue of harassment here can not be denied. Don't like it, take it up with the politicians.

BTW, a reporters workplace is everywhere they are paid to be. Not just the newsroom. They have the freedom to do their job without fear of sexual harassment. That's the law.

And deploring this is not being feminist or religious. Its demanding that we treat people with respect. Shouting what those people shout can not be justified in our society.

Again, I would urge anybody who thinks this is OK to sit down with their Mom, wife, sister, aunt, daughter - whomever they are related to who is a woman - and show them the video of this event and then simply ask what they think of what was said. I know very well that some women will have a different opinion then I do on this. I've had those discussions about such things in the past. I also know that the answers to thinking about these things are not easy, not black and white and challenge personal behaviours and personal codes of conduct that we are not always aware of. Regardless, this is NOT behaviour that is tolerated in this society for a reason. If people don't know what those reasons are, ask those directly involved - just don't deplore those who decry this behaviour.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Saying the tapes are fake does not excuse this behaviour. The reality of what happens on the street with these incidents is harassment. And this happens again and again and again.

That faked tapes are used as a justification to say what are clearly hurtful and unwanted things to others is to me a far worse slippery slope then any danger of thought being banned. Faked media existance does not justify such activities.

Like it or not, we do not have the right in this country to say whatever we want whenever we want. That's the contract we enter into in order to live here. The norms of the internet may have us believe we can say anything to anybody but twitter is not the judge here. The courts have indicated otherwise.

This behaviour is harassment, as defined in the human rights code and in labour law. i.e. You couldn't do this anywhere you work, nor can you do this to any adult outside of the privacy of a consensual relationship. The issue of harassment here can not be denied. Don't like it, take it up with the politicians.

BTW, a reporters workplace is everywhere they are paid to be. Not just the newsroom. They have the freedom to do their job without fear of sexual harassment. That's the law.

And deploring this is not being feminist or religious. Its demanding that we treat people with respect. Shouting what those people shout can not be justified in our society.

Again, I would urge anybody who thinks this is OK to sit down with their Mom, wife, sister, aunt, daughter - whomever they are related to who is a woman - and show them the video of this event and then simply ask what they think of what was said. I know very well that some women will have a different opinion then I do on this. I've had those discussions about such things in the past. I also know that the answers to thinking about these things are not easy, not black and white and challenge personal behaviours and personal codes of conduct that we are not always aware of. Regardless, this is NOT behaviour that is tolerated in this society for a reason. If people don't know what those reasons are, ask those directly involved - just don't deplore those who decry this behaviour.
    My question is, does the harassment happen just with the disrupting of a live broadcast or does the content of what you are saying matter? If someone jumped into a frame and said I'm The Devil or I pooped my paints, as stupid as someone would have to be to say that, is that still the same issue?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I never said the tapes (originals) being fake excused the man for copying them, I think they are hilarious. These "incidents" are clearly not a sexist-harassment. Every time the person says it into the camera or the microphone while looking into the camera, they are not directing it to the news reporter, but to the camera and microphone capturing it.

We actually do have freedom of speech in this country. To be charged with hate speech you have to meet 7 specific criteria. Moreover nothing done to the reporter apart from interruption was harassment, as it is clear the phrase was directed to the camera.

If you are going to reference court rulings please actually reference them.

I'd disagree that a reporters workplace is everywhere. They don't come to your bedroom in the morning. However if your house caught ablaze they may indeed interview you outside it. Moreover I'd state again that the man is directing the phrase not at the reporter but at the camera and the audience.

I never said that deploring this was being feminist or religious. I was responding to an earlier post of people being charged for a similar statement. How feminism and religious leaders have outlawed speech and hypocritically warped laws to suit their subversive agendas.

I don't need to sit down with a person of the opposite sex for any reason pertaining to this event. The first video I've seen of this troll was shown to me by a female friend. We both had a laugh at it.

Contrary to what you think, while the behavior may seem extremely distasteful in your eyes nothing about it warrants such a vile and fascist response. In the wake of this joke you are advocating not only the censorship of certain speech but the behavioral modification of individuals who don't have the appropriate response deemed correct. That's in line with 1940's germany or Orwell's 1984.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What these idiots did was embarrassing for me as a TFC fan and surely they are going to more than pay for their actions with these videos going viral.

While I do not condone any of their actions in any way, as humans we make mistakes. I don't think they need this added witchhunt that people are attempting across social media and on here. Posting their names and employers really isn't going to solve anything. Do you really think a TFC ban is really going to solve anything? I'm pretty sure these guys won't be showing their faces around BMO anytime soon. Let the team focus on team stuff and don't worry, these guys already have their faces everywhere and are paying for their actions already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll never get people for sexual harassment on this. I'm sorry. I think it's wide open to interpretation. You make the assumption it is shouted "at" the reporter. That is open to interpretation.

I'm not defending the behavior as I find it deplorable but if it were cut and dry someone would have done something by now outside of shaming.

We don't have the right to say whatever we want whenever we want but we may in fact (as silly / juvenile / pathetic / embarrassing / pick an adjective as it is) have the right to say this.

You could charge them with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace, public intoxication, sure. All of those would be easier to make, then to police a sentence that may or may not be sexual harassment and may or may not be directed at the reporter.

My sister is a reporter. My friends are reporters. It's beyond dumb and should go away yesterday, But that doesn't change the fact that a good lawyer would have a field day with what is being passed of as fact in this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Fascist response"?!?!? Okie Dokie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll blow over. I've heard a lot worse inside the stadium. Drunken dickheads, thems the breaks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    IDIOT,period
    I fully agree, and when there was some positive media exposure to TFC fans not wanting the Argos at BMO it's all been lost because of some asshat move.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone has a name for these idiots please PM it to me.

Thanks
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I never said the tapes (originals) being fake excused the man for copying them, I think they are hilarious. These "incidents" are clearly not a sexist-harassment. Every time the person says it into the camera or the microphone while looking into the camera, they are not directing it to the news reporter, but to the camera and microphone capturing it.

We actually do have freedom of speech in this country. To be charged with hate speech you have to meet 7 specific criteria. Moreover nothing done to the reporter apart from interruption was harassment, as it is clear the phrase was directed to the camera.

If you are going to reference court rulings please actually reference them.

I'd disagree that a reporters workplace is everywhere. They don't come to your bedroom in the morning. However if your house caught ablaze they may indeed interview you outside it. Moreover I'd state again that the man is directing the phrase not at the reporter but at the camera and the audience.

I never said that deploring this was being feminist or religious. I was responding to an earlier post of people being charged for a similar statement. How feminism and religious leaders have outlawed speech and hypocritically warped laws to suit their subversive agendas.

I don't need to sit down with a person of the opposite sex for any reason pertaining to this event. The first video I've seen of this troll was shown to me by a female friend. We both had a laugh at it.

Contrary to what you think, while the behavior may seem extremely distasteful in your eyes nothing about it warrants such a vile and fascist response. In the wake of this joke you are advocating not only the censorship of certain speech but the behavioral modification of individuals who don't have the appropriate response deemed correct. That's in line with 1940's germany or Orwell's 1984.
    The intentions are not relevant, the focus should be the impact. The fact that so many here and elsewhere perceived the action as sexist seems to indicate that the statement could be perceived as such. And I mean seriously, even as someone who was aware of the meme, a big reason why some would find it funny is that it is sexist and thus, making the reporter (usually female) uncomfortable/disrupted. The loaded language around 'feminazi' and comparing a ban to a private sporting event to 1984/nazi germany is ridicules. No one is asking for them to be arrested. I support freedom of speech and don't agree with censorship, but it is not censorship for private citizens to respond to the views of others - whether it's to shame or if MLSE was to go ahead with the public call, ban someone from a private establishment.

As a youth social worker, I've had to deal with oppressive language quite often. I never ban anyone from the program, but if you in act in such a manner, I will make it into a teachable moment and have a discussion about the roots of the language ... it's never 'just a joke'. Jokes become funny because of context. These idiots were adults, and now they are facing the consequences of their actions. They are not being jailed, they are not being tortured... they are simply being told that as TFC fans and members of society, we don't believe this behaviour is acceptable/conducive to having an inclusive community. You may disparage feminism, and certainly there's important critiques of the movement (esp. first and second wave), but I am thankful for how the movement challenges us to tackle these day-to-day aggressions.

When I saw the video, I felt ashamed as a fellow TFC fan, but I am happy that the various supporter groups have come out strongly against this. I think it puts out the message that we will not tolerate this behaviour amongst are midst and that we will make an effort to include women in the sport/supporter culture.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If someone has a name for these idiots please PM it to me.

Thanks
    I am just throwing this out there, do we as a group, The RPB really want to get involved in this matter, it is so beyond anyone single thing as they are totally getting rightfully so ranked over the coils of public opinion. Everyone is chiming in on this as its gone viral on a global scale.. As much as these guys are being disrespectful, unkind and what not, distancing this from having anything to do with TFC something to think about.

TFC II and 79 others follow

Jason deVos@jasondevos 1m1 minute ago
    Jason deVos retweeted CityNews Toronto
    Good on @shaunacitynews for putting these idiots in their place. They should be banned from TFC games for life.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can see them in the picture on the front page of the main TFC site now - they were in 111 halfway up right against the railing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't fix stupid.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I am just throwing this out there, do we as a group, The RPB really want to get involved in this matter, it is so beyond anyone single thing as they are totally getting rightfully so ranked over the coils of public opinion. Everyone is chiming in on this as its gone viral on a global scale.. As much as these guys are being disrespectful, unkind and what not, distancing this from having anything to do with TFC something to think about.

Agree - not the groups place to get involved in this.

if someone wants to approach the club and help with the investigation as an individual - Im all for it - do your thing. But don't involve the group.

We are not the supporters police.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only ask to make sure these guys are not 'us'.

I don't recognize them but having a large diverse group, it never hurts to be 100% positive.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Can't fix stupid.
    Can't stop stupid eruptions. But the individually stupid can be fixed.

This has gone global. Like it or not, the SSH's will have to take a stand and condemn these actions, and ensure these are not members. Otherwise, the SSH's are seen to be supportive. That's reality.

I suspect a statement from MLSE will be forthcoming today.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't recognize them but having a large diverse group, it never hurts to be 100% positive.

well thanks to that photo - we know they sit in 111 - shouldn't be hard for TFC to find them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's cool.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a personal note though, those comments joking or not are disgusting especially on a day like Mothers day.

Now like it or not we all get thrown in the ignorant bin.