Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I think a one year ban from BMO would have made the most sense. More than that feels like overkill. But oh well. What's done is done.

Warning: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AT BMO FROM HERE ON OUT! Even off camera. There are bound to be people looking to clamp down on offensive stuff yelled at the games, and it's coming down hard on all of us now - especially in the south end.
    Last edited by Super; 05-12-2015 at 03:42 PM.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda surprised to see such a huge reaction to the whole incident. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but when I first heard of it I didn't give it much thought myself. It's not particularly funny, but nor is it particularly offensive to most reasonable people. But I do acknowledge I'm coming at it from a position of not being the reporter involved.

The only interesting thing I would note is that we apparently now live in a time and place where this guy says one lewd phrase to a reporter and now stands to lose his job for a moment of idiocy, while Elizabeth May has a vitriolic obscene tirade in front of several reporters and colleagues, and yet somehow remains leader of her party after the fact. Sometimes we are so ready to ignore the remarks or actions of one person, yet will relentlessly hound someone else for similar behaviour.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-12-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid to do such a thing but paying with your job seems like mob justice.

If we dug out the internal files of hydro one would they fire an internal employee for doing something similar that wasn't broadcast across the press? Because the victim in each case is no more / less hurt - the only difference being one had a platform to shame their accuser while the other does not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    It wasn't live, was it? I thought it was recorded and then they released the shots. I'm trying to look it up now.
    I honestly don't know. My understanding is that they are heavy on live hits, but not necessarily during the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess i'm not going to get an explanation, just beating around the bush and distraction from another successful witch-hunt by the guardians of the internet. People have to live in fear these days, idiots can't be idiots without the backlash going overboard.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

If we dug out the internal files of hydro one would they fire an internal employee for doing something similar that wasn't broadcast across the press? Because the victim in each case is no more / less hurt - the only difference being one had a platform to shame their accuser while the other does not.
    But this dude was broadcast across the press. I'm sure that fact that he's on the Sunshine List didn't help his case - people get upset about the Sunshine List in general.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I guess i'm not going to get an explanation, just beating around the bush and distraction from another successful witch-hunt by the guardians of the internet. People have to live in fear these days, idiots can't be idiots without the backlash going overboard.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

The only interesting thing I would note is that we apparently now live in a time and place where this guy says one lewd phrase to a reporter and now stands to lose his job for a moment of idiocy, while Elizabeth May has a vitriolic obscene tirade in front of several reporters and colleagues, and yet somehow remains leader of her party after the fact. Sometimes we are so ready to ignore the remarks or actions of one person, yet will relentlessly hound someone else for similar behaviour.

LMAO. True story.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Personally I think a one year ban from BMO would have made the most sense. More than that feels like overkill. But oh well. What's done is done.

Warning: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AT BMO FROM HERE ON OUT! Even off camera. There are bound to be people looking to clamp down on offensive stuff yelled at the games, and it's coming down hard on all of us now - especially in the south end.
    Tomorrow evening I'm going to be all "If you think the referee is not a nice individual clap your hands"!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda surprised to see such a huge reaction to the whole incident. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but when I first heard of it I didn't give it much thought myself. It's not particularly funny, but nor is it particularly offensive to most reasonable people. But I do acknowledge I'm coming at it from a position of not being that reporter.

The real irony there to me is that as I read the comments on news sites (at least on the CBC article), a lot of people that are calling for these guys heads were the same ones defending May.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

If I bring a banner that says "No HydroOne at BMO Field", will Kathleen Wynne buy me beer until I take it down?
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the previous Mayor of Toronto doesn't lose his job or get's banned from MLSE properties for far worse comments "while working at City Hall" is it time for tar and feathers or maybe pitchforks and torches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda reminds me of the Danish fan who ran onto the pitch in a drunken stupor and tried to punch the ref in a Denmark vs. Sweden game. Ref called the game for Sweden, and the guy got banned for years from future games + lost his job, and had to move to Sweden (who loved the guy of course). Came out years later, sobbing in an interview, and talked about the biggest regret of his life. Hard not to feel for the guy - even though it was obviously EXTREMELY moronic what he did.

This is pretty similar I guess. Banned from the stadium and lost his job. Probably can't show his face around much either - it's been plastered all over every media outlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure no one on this board said something stupid while drunk at or after the game
    Guy now loses his job and God knows what else
    Sad ending for him
    Be careful not to throw stones people... You never know who will text BMO that calling the ref a wanker insulted their uncle the ref etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    First of all,

I'm Mennonite.

I believe in social justice. As do others on here. If you don't care for that, that's your issue. I'm not here to defend social justice.

Secondly, DON'T CROSS THE LINE. Look it up as far as MLS is concerned.

Thirdly, the use of the phrase "social justice" has become code in gamer gate discussions for "I can't fault your actual critiques of behaviour I think is appropriate so I'm going to slag your belief system."

Are you SURE you want to go down that path on this thread. Nothing good will come of it.

I accept that others in here strongly disagree with me politically and about social issues. I will not stay around a place that turns into something akin to the toxic discussions that gamer gate has become.

I will state this again - this thread has WAY more potential to turn into something ugly.
    I am all for social justice I lose allot of money in billings every year, because I put my ideals ahead of my wallet for social justice. What I hate is forced politeness and the culture of offense. I admired the reporter for confronting them, that took courage, but beyond that it is all fake outrage, and piling on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for MLSE.

I do not go to fucking BMO field to be polite, but to be fucking passionate about my club, in that I may get rude and insulting. But so fucking what. I say what I think. And fuck MLSE for trying to curtail it. this is fucking football, not tennis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    As for MLSE.

I do not go to fucking BMO field to be polite, but to be fucking passionate about my club, in that I may get rude and insulting. But so fucking what. I say what I think. And fuck MLSE for trying to curtail it. this is fucking football, not tennis.
    Is MLSE curtailing your passionate expression? The thing with the reporter and the goofballs is something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darwinism at its finest. If the guy is too stupid to realize that it's not a good idea to harass other people then now he hopefully will. Off with their heads. Put'em on pikes outside the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for MLSE.

I pay MLSE top dollar to not be exposed to your sense of impoliteness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Is MLSE curtailing your passionate expression? The thing with the reporter and the goofballs is something else.
    I think his point is. What happens next?

Thats what worries me anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure I understand why people even think about what would happen if this was done in private. What does that have to do with this? These guys did this for attention. They did it to get noticed and they have. They probably didn't expect this reaction. Now they're paying for it. This should be a lesson for all. Think about what you do or say before you do it...if you can.

What I wonder is if the guy who has been fired was given the opportunity to apologize for his actions prior to firing being considered. Or would they still defend their actions like they did when they were on tv.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    That is the indication that MLSE is giving, they want to curtail "vulgarity", which of course decide what it is.

Keep in mind I would never do this. I do not need the attention and this is just infantile, but this will lead into them saying that I cannot call ladycakes a fucking twat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for MLSE.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with what those yobs did. Absolutely no sporting context for what they did, it was sexual harassment of a working reporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "fuck her right in the pussy" on live news is a global viral thing... It's more immature then character flaw. Sometimes when something becomes a reoccurring global thing you lose sense on the direct effect it has on people. Do I think he deserves to lose his job? Well based on this exact situation I would say no he shouldn't. I also think that reported bait him pretty good.

I also see it from the perspective of the news reporters... it's clearly pretty vulgar when you break it down and really internalize it.

So my opinion? He deserves to be fined a couple hundred bucks, not be shamed on live TV and not lose his job... Though he walked into him self but about 20 seconds in he said "are you really filming this"... I think he got the worst end for sure... clearly. And i'm not sure what guy lost his job i'm assuming guy in the beginning of the video with the glasses?

Guy made a mistake. The reaction is way to extreme.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hydro One needs all the positive publicity they can get after what the disgrace of a Premier is doing with them.
    Yeah, that's right, Hydro's problems just started now, when the premiere took the advice of the former CEO of a bank, there's no history here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is over the top nonsense. What exactly did that guy do (in yellow) that warrants being fired? He really didn't say anything, other than thinking the whole thing was funny, which to be honest, was extremely funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kinda surprised to see such a huge reaction to the whole incident. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but when I first heard of it I didn't give it much thought myself. It's not particularly funny, but nor is it particularly offensive to most reasonable people. But I do acknowledge I'm coming at it from a position of not being the reporter involved.

LMAO. True story.
    But she was pulled away by someone with sense while she acted a fool. These guys defended their stupidity when confronted. She has since apologized. I wonder if they have, will, or want to? Some defenders in this thread seem like they wouldn't.

Not defending her. She looked a fool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the new:

"Bloody Big Deal" :@)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindbaby View Post
    This is over the top nonsense. What exactly did that guy do (in yellow) that warrants being fired? He really didn't say anything, other than thinking the whole thing was funny, which to be honest, was extremely funny.
    Well, there was the "you're lucky there's not a fucking vibrator in your ear" part.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blixa View Post
    I pay MLSE top dollar to not be exposed to your sense of impoliteness.
    No you pay MLSE the same top dollar I do to watch football and for the "atmosphere". You do not want that stay at home.