Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Toronto FC fans confronted by City News reporter following vulgar on-camera remark

Reporter Shauna Hunt is sick of having her interviews interrupted, so she finally did something about it

Not our proudest moment.

Sometimes, light is the best disinfectant.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting this.

Idiots doing something like this should be made 2 sit down with female members of their own family 2 explain and then have their Moms, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, wives, & daughters tell them how this makes them feel.

This is not funny.

This is not cool.

This is not macho.

This shames TFC.

This shames every woman these guys know.

If you did this, take off the shirt and don't come back.

You crossed the line.

Get the fuck out of my stadium.

BAN EM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It shames him. I doesn't shame us. I have nothing to do with any drunk idiot who says anything under the name of the team or city I support.

I don't disagree that it's dumb, but his face is out there and he'll pay professional price for it. TFC shouldn't touch it.

Maybe he and Liz May can commiserate tonight.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sigh...
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Thanks for posting this.

Idiots doing something like this should be made 2 sit down with female members of their own family 2 explain and then have their Moms, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, wives, & daughters tell them how this makes them feel.

This is not funny.

This is not cool.

This is not macho.

This shames TFC.

This shames every woman these guys know.

If you did this, take off the shirt and don't come back.

You crossed the line.

Get the fuck out of my stadium.

BAN EM.
    It's not your stadium. but come on. I was expecting something more to this. FHRITP is a common news troll that has been trending for what 2 years now? I think news reporters should get over themselves. It's a joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7-nzLx4Oa0 > This is what he was copying

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its sexist harassment shit. Its not a joke.

Again, people should ask female family members what they would think of them saying that on camera.

It crosses the line and must be stopped. As others have said, this happens all over the place. It has to stop.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not funny. But it gets attention, which is what these douches love.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's so boring and aggressively not funny. I don't understand the point of it.

The guys a dick either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may be funny to a 13 year old boy or the frat boy crowd but it's pathetic from old man-children. Grow up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just wow.

This what happens when you got too much beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its sexist harassment shit. Its not a joke.

Again, people should ask female family members what they would think of them saying that on camera.

It crosses the line and must be stopped. As others have said, this happens all over the place. It has to stop.
    You cant expect everyone to conform to one sense of humor. It's not sexist nor is it harassment. It is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, I sat 2 rows up from that guy at the game (red & blue checkered shirt). First thing my buddy said when he saw him was "Wow, that guy looks like a douche!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    You cant expect everyone to conform to one sense of humor. It's not sexist nor is it harassment. It is a joke.
    A joke to those who like their humour a little rape-y and basic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't get the witch hunt. Some posts in this thread of banning, charges ect sound like an Orwellian feminist wet dream. It's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    A joke to those who like their humour a little rape-y and basic.
    Nothing like feminist creep in society to marginalize rape to the point where everything is now rape and can be conflated with raping. LOL
    Last edited by JavierMartini; 05-11-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about Elizabeth May is that she spoke the truth.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I would strongly suggest anybody who thinks its a joke should show the video to female family members and then ask them what they think...and then shut up and listen. Nor is this about feminism or political correctness.

As for harassment, it meets every protocol I've ever seen within HR practices that can be used for terminating somebody under that purpose. I would not hesitate to do so if an employee of mine did this and that report was aired on TV.

This arguement is going to get ugly soon.

Glad it was shown.

I'd close the thread quick mods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, I would strongly suggest anybody who thinks its a joke should show the video to female family members and then ask them what they think...and then shut up and listen. Nor is this about feminism or political correctness.

As for harassment, it meets every protocol I've ever seen within HR practices that can be used for terminating somebody under that purpose. I would not hesitate to do so if an employee of mine did this and that report was aired on TV.

This arguement is going to get ugly soon.

Glad it was shown.

I'd close the thread quick mods.
    So you've both made your point and thusfar done so respectfully.

I don't see a need to close the thread while discussion is civil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we all agree that this prank is stupid? I don't think banning these guys is going to stop people doing this prank. If anything, CityNews just made themselves as target to get more guys to do this prank on them especially when Shauna Hunt is interviewing someone.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    It definitely has a harassment element to it. Would you find it funny if some random drunken stranger interrupted you while at work with something like this? Right in the middle of a presentation or something? It's immature and a dick move, regardless of whether you consider it sexist or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get that FHRITP has been used against male and female reporters (though lets get real here - it's used far more often against female field reporters), and is (ideally supposed to be) more about fucking with live news pieces, but it's time for this meme to die already.

It makes all TFC fans look like puerile creeps, and it makes female reporters uncomfortable, even when they understand "the joke". That is 100% unacceptable.

If you see people behaving like this, maybe politely tell them to grow the fuck up.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I emailed my SSH rep calling for their ban; I encourage everyone else to do the same

Quote Originally Posted by aajking View Post
    Hah, I sat 2 rows up from that guy at the game (red & blue checkered shirt). First thing my buddy said when he saw him was "Wow, that guy looks like a douche!"
    section/row

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    I emailed my SSH rep calling for their ban; I encourage everyone else to do the same

section/row
    You wanna be the language police? Especially based on what is said in the supporter's section let alone what is said walking out of the stadium. That's a slippery slope no matter how dumb/disrespectful/shameful that guy is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

effing jerks.. I posted this elsewhere before I noticed this thread. This really pissed me off.
    Acting like this with a smug look on their faces while wearing our kit.
    Man, low class idiots.
    I'd love to see them get their seats revoked. Disgraceful.
    Last edited by Batman; 05-11-2015 at 07:51 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Canadian Human Rights Commission......

Harassment is a form of discrimination. It involves any unwanted physical or verbal behaviour that offends or humiliates you. Generally, harassment is a behaviour that persists over time. Serious one-time incidents can also sometimes be considered harassment.

When I see these guys speak to their GFs, sister, mothers and grandmothers like that, out in public, then I will consider them to have an intellectual, behavioural or other mental health issues that interfere with their good judgement. IMO - only then might we consider giving them a "pass" and differ the problem to the mental health community. Until then, they are engaging in sexually harassment.

*stepping off my soapbox now*

I'm very pleased that this is being openly discussed in this thread. It's important to get his out in the open.
    Last edited by DOMIN8R; 05-11-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Toned it down a bit.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    You wanna be the language police? Especially based on what is said in the supporter's section let alone what is said walking out of the stadium. That's a slippery slope no matter how dumb/disrespectful/shameful that guy is.
    I agree, this is definitely a slippery slope here, there are some nasty things said in the stands. Where do we draw the line? I have to say though what was said was totally stupid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good on the reporter - she has every right to call these dickheads out. They wanted to get some airtime and they got a little more than they bargained for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwhisperer View Post
    Good on the reporter - she has every right to call these dickheads out. They wanted to get some airtime and they got a little more than they bargained for.
    This.

Probably the best point yet. These guys are going to get famous, quick. TFC will be the least of their worries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post

section/row
    207, he was in row 15 or 16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly don't get what is so funny about this. Repetitive, disrespectful, sad, not cool.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What this actually has to do with TFC is, what nothing. Yes it is unfortunate the dicks say this type of crap all the time on air, any station doing a live hit is taking a chance of something happening. Sometimes it can be as simple as a few swear words. But bringing this into the TFC world is something I really do not want to see. Yesterday was a good one, with us all back at BMO so lets not soil it with this.

It is important issue as no one deserves to be faced with it, but just because they had a TFC jersey on, does not make it a TFC thing, MLSE should just give this guys the attention.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!