Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one good thing about this is it's a discussion worth having because it brings issues out to the forefront. They need to be talked about and dealt with as a society. I am just not sure where exactly some of these guys actions fit into it. That is something that needs to be figured out.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The one good thing about this is it's a discussion worth having because it brings issues out to the forefront. They need to be talked about and dealt with as a society. I am just not sure where exactly some of these guys actions fit into it. That is something that needs to be figured out.
    Its a worthwhile discussion but not to be had on on this forum.

This is a TFC first and football second discussion forum, as far as I'm concerned this thread should be locked, the punks are getting banned and that should be the end of the discussion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Its a worthwhile discussion but not to be had on on this forum.

This is a TFC first and football second discussion forum, as far as I'm concerned this thread should be locked, the punks are getting banned and that should be the end of the discussion.
    or moved to off topic, or beer, or running, or books, or music or the thousands of other threads that are open on this forum. But all that aside, if it relates to fan behavior, then it relates to us as fans.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 05-12-2015 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Yup. Incidents like this perpetuate the stereotype of the supporter culture in this city. We were already considered hooligans by some members of the media and this will only add fuel to the fire.
    Tell me about it - already had one Argo focused troll on my case about this on another unrelated website I go to.

Dipshit tornado this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you watch it again look for the guy with the shades in the background right when it is said. He was involved from the start and it looks like it was planned not spur of the moment...

The point is once the first guy made the comment, she decided to call out these guys who are not even a part of it initially, and turn the camera on them, outside of the one guy who made the lewd comment, they really did not do anything wrong. They were asked a question and to tell you the truth the guy in the glasses by the end and before walking off somewhat agreed with her. Most people who get called out on camera do not have media training and are going to get defensive. What we dont know, is that after the guy who made the comment and ran off to the west, what made her think to ask these other guys standing to the side?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    And there's a perfect example of why people need to calm down and these social media warriors need to be careful.
    I'm very happy that social media didn't have access to 'All Sports Talk' about two years ago. The stuff we said to each other...miss those times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Tell me about it - already had one Argo focused troll on my case about this on another unrelated website I go to.

Dipshit tornado this.
    Who gives a shit? Ignore it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    I'm very happy that social media didn't have access to 'All Sports Talk' about two years ago. The stuff we said to each other...miss those times.
    Stuff gets deleted, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    If you watch it again look for the guy with the shades in the background right when it is said. He was involved from the start and it looks like it was planned not spur of the moment...
    So assuming he helped plan it and wasn't just standing there with an 'oh shit he's really gonna do it' look on his face, what is an acceptable punishment for conspiring to commit a public disturbance?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    So assuming he helped plan it and wasn't just standing there with an 'oh shit he's really gonna do it' look on his face, what is an acceptable punishment for conspiring to commit a public disturbance?
    Its like six guys standing around , the discussion comes up about doing this, even if its the case its the guy who actually did it was the culprit, its like if someone said they would do something for $100 and everyone else pitches in, the guy still have to do it and thus is the one responsible for his actions. This is so unfortunate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Glorious. Always have had the best gif responses.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Having their sister call and say, "Brother, I saw you in that video. Your Mom wants to have a word with you. Let me get her on the phone...just a second."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, this case may have the unintentional effect of opening up a Pandora's Box with regards to criminal charges. The way I see this issue is this, MLSE operates the stadium, and so, MLSE can refuse anyone entry in theory, they could for instance refuse anyone entry who has a beard. It's just an example, and what I'm getting at is that MLSE does not have to let you into the stadium. Furthermore, if MLSE wants to give all supporters the heave-ho from BMO Field, well they could absolutely do that. Of course it would not be a wise business decision, and they may easily drive Toronto FC into the ground that way, but that is their problem.

What the real issue is with this, has nothing to do with MLSE, it has to do with law enforcement criminally charging someone over this. I think all of us agree that it was a very stupid thing to say. That's not the issue, the issue is that someone over saying a few words could be thrown into the crowbar motel. As was said, some chants could be considered offensive at TFC games, will the police charge people for those chants as well? Consider the great amount of expenditures that goes into the police budget across Ontario and this is what they are concerned with? People should have strong belief in this quote:

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

I honestly may not agree with the sometimes offensive remarks made by fans at TFC games, but I just grin and bear it. I would never consider texting the fan number, and of course I would never ever demand that the police charge someone. We have the right to be offended and that's one of the great things of being in a free society. But if people are going to be sent to the slammer for saying stupid things, all of you should give your heads a big shake at what silliness this is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Having their sister call and say, "Brother, I saw you in that video. Your Mom wants to have a word with you. Let me get her on the phone...just a second."
    So not a ban, or charges, or an apology to the reporter?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like six guys standing around , the discussion comes up about doing this, even if its the case its the guy who actually did it was the culprit, its like if someone said they would do something for $100 and everyone else pitches in, the guy still have to do it and thus is the one responsible for his actions. This is so unfortunate.
    That's exactly the point I was trying to make. As far as I know there are no laws against a very weak definition of "conspiring" to disturb the peace. Gringo Starr's suggestion was that sunglasses guy was in on it. Well so what if he was? He's still a third party to the situation.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    I bet that little Arsenal prick still lives at home with his Mom. If she sees the video she can show him how proud she is of him.....by giving him a good slap and teaching him how to behave when he's in public.
    Highly doubt his 6-figure income is still living at home.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-12-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: unwelcome personal info

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    So not a ban, or charges, or an apology to the reporter?
    I was being somewhat facetious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the appropriate response to this situation is (in my first post, I only mentioned that others have been charged for this - not necessarily suggesting that that is the correct response).

The only thing I know is that if there's a professional-grade news camera pointed at me, I'm going to assume it's on and be careful with my choice of words.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Glorious. Always have had the best gif responses.
    Always best to let gif's do the talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    aaaaaaaandd its made Gawker. This getting picked up anywhere else relatively big outside the city?
    That's rich considering the first time I've ever heard of FHRITP was on Deadspin, which is owned by Gawker media.

As far as this whole story goes, it's a poorly used prank that has worn out it's 15 minutes of fame. Banning them for life is over the top in my opinion. What is also interesting is the precedence this sets when it comes to people using vulgar language at sporting events. How long before they start banning anyone who has something truthful, yet harmful to their precious brand to say? Not a road I want to go down.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we not allowed to post the names of who these offenders are?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Highly doubt his 6-figure income is still living at home.
    Is that the same [mod edit]guy[mod edit] who played midfield for Wilfrid Laurier? He had a tryout with TFC back when they had open tryouts before year one.

Who's laughing now, Wilshere Worshipper?

I hope all the participants are clearly named and shamed and shuffled to the margins of society. Had my wife and daughter at the game and that sort of douchbaggery needs to be smacked down hard.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-12-2015 at 01:45 PM. Reason: unwelcome personal info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    And it should be debated as that's how our justice system works. So yeah, debating whether something fits a definition is pretty much the essence of our entire legal system.
    No our justice system is not and should not be based on debates between differing opinions without any consideration of the relevant statutes and jurisprudence.

If someone wants to make a real and relevant argument on the issue, then I suggest that the person read and rely on the relevant statutes and any such jurisprudence that supports their position. Otherwise it is just baseless opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Anyone for a supporters gate discussion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These guys are tools, douchey, and not funny.

That being said, you social justice warriors are a bunch of fucking hypocrites and weirdos.

Let's start with CityTV. When City had an actually harassment and bigotry problem inside their own studios when a Gord Martineau video leaked:
    (a) Calling Roch Voisin a "homo" and doing a lisp and limp wrist routine
    (b) Calling a story on a pancreas transplant unimportant, then while next to his co-host Anne Mroczowski, pointed to his crotch calling that important
    (c) Rolled up his papers and waved it around pretending to be his dong while next to his female co-host
    (d) Brought up the topic of confessions, asked to hear Anne Mroczowski's confessions like a fucking creep and asked her if she "had bad things to say, bad thoughts and deeds"

What did they do? NOTHING. They put it in a montage for their Christmas Party. Then when it was leaked, they defended him.

Not only that, but they threatened those who hosted the videos with their legal team according to the individual who made them public on his blog.

CityTV reporter, Avery Haines, the same Avery Haines who was fired from CTV after making some dumb joke on air about Affirmative Action. The same Avery Haines who cried about it just being a joke. The same Avery Haines who insinuated about everyone being out for blood, how the media went out and started asking for comments from Black, Asian, Handicap groups in an effort to ruin her life... is putting out some fucking weird media bounty looking for this guys family:

Who gives a shit? We're going to bully and fuck with this guys family now too?

These guys are dummies, but the people who wont sleep until these guys are fired from their jobs and commit suicide are something else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Man View Post
    That's rich considering the first time I've ever heard of FHRITP was on Deadspin, which is owned by Gawker media.

As far as this whole story goes, it's a poorly used prank that has worn out it's 15 minutes of fame. Banning them for life is over the top in my opinion. What is also interesting is the precedence this sets when it comes to people using vulgar language at sporting events. How long before they start banning anyone who has something truthful, yet harmful to their precious brand to say? Not a road I want to go down.
    When this becomes the big story after Tim Leiweke and Larry Tanenbaum worked so hard all week to get the stadium story out there, it might only be the beginning for them.

You don't crap in front of men like that and get away lightly. The consequences will have legs that won't stop kicking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djcuse View Post
    Are we not allowed to post the names of who these offenders are?
    Pretty sure doxxing is against forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Is that the same [Name] who played midfield for Wilfrid Laurier? He had a tryout with TFC back when they had open tryouts before year one.

Who's laughing now, Wilshere Worshipper?

I hope all the participants are clearly named and shamed and shuffled to the margins of society. Had my wife and daughter at the game and that sort of douchbaggery needs to be smacked down hard.
    Keeping in mind that neither of the guys being "interviewed" and publicly shamed were the ones that yelled out the obscenity, do you still hold this view?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Fuck.

I am going to become very anti Jurno (is this the proper Green Street Hooligans term?).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, as I said nothing about ignoring consideration of relevant statues and jurisprudence.

You must meet the criteria to be charged and then punished.