Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    Went through this thread for the first time.

blah blah blah a bunch of bullshit.
    I've made my point abundantly clear. No matter how hard you try to paint me as condoning what they said and paint this as some sexist bullshit controversy. The point remains I'm going to defend anyone's right to free speech, no matter how vulgar it is deemed to be.

You can cherry pick quote me all you want but I've addressed every point your trying to respond to in earlier posts. However you've kindly left out key points of my argument in an attempt to smear me as some chauvinistic sexist whatever. Honestly I dont think I give a fuck.

You reap what you sow.

From mlse

"Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment: Company to Ban Anyone Yelling Obscenities From Toronto Facilities"

My question, so this makes all toronto fc games pg-13?

or is this just another hypocritical feminist controversty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I've made my point abundantly clear. No matter how hard you try to paint me as condoning what they said and paint this as some sexist bullshit controversy. The point remains I'm going to defend anyone's right to free speech, no matter how vulgar it is deemed to be.

You can cherry pick quote me all you want but I've addressed every point your trying to respond to in earlier posts. However you've kindly left out key points of my argument in an attempt to smear me as some chauvinistic sexist whatever. Honestly I dont think I give a fuck.

You reap what you sow.

From mlse

"Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment: Company to Ban Anyone Yelling Obscenities From Toronto Facilities"

I've seen that headline. It's a blatant spin on them banning the guys from the video. There's nothing about them banning obscenities in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you really not tell there is a difference between things shouted towards the pitch from the stands in the 90 minute match and things shouted at a reporter outside the stands?

This won't affect what's being sung or shouted during the match at all, unless Lieweke's around with the company card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yup

Honestly these guys should have been removed from the stadium for x time then be asked to take a sensitivity course.

Loosing jobs and the expanded fallout is getting a bit much. They made a gross comment and a huge mistake in trying to defend it. The pile on is getting to be too much.
    [mod edit] It is fair to say that he was in a senior position, and likely had others either reporting to him, or working with a number of people. Having someone act out like this, it could easily create a hostile work place. People are relieved for "character" all the time, we just don't hear about that stuff. Drunk or not, a female co-worker could easily feel intimidated by his aggressive tone.

If there is a code of conduct, then you abide by it. I still hold firm that far too often, people's behavior is excused. Doesn't matter if you are drunk, tired, whatever. If this hadn't been recorded, nothing would have come of it. If they lacked the common sense not to act like asses on this occasion, it is probably a common theme for them.

People need to mind their actions. One day, they may be held accountable. I would think a good number of guys here, had that been your mother being disrespected, you would have considered administering a personal ass-whipping. People have family, people have friends. You don't want to find out the hard way, that one of them has a temper, and a vendetta for disrespect.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-13-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: unwelcome personal info

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

CityNews Toronto@CityNews 10m10 minutes ago
    #BREAKING: MLSE will ban 4 men after 'FHRITP' incident on Sunday; 2 of the men are #Toronto FC season ticketholders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a life

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    [mod edit] It is fair to say that he was in a senior position, and likely had others either reporting to him, or working with a number of people. Having someone act out like this, it could easily create a hostile work place. People are relieved for "character" all the time, we just don't hear about that stuff. Drunk or not, a female co-worker could easily feel intimidated by his aggressive tone.

If there is a code of conduct, then you abide by it. I still hold firm that far too often, people's behavior is excused. Doesn't matter if you are drunk, tired, whatever. If this hadn't been recorded, nothing would have come of it. If they lacked the common sense not to act like asses on this occasion, it is probably a common theme for them.

People need to mind their actions. One day, they may be held accountable. I would think a good number of guys here, had that been your mother being disrespected, you would have considered administering a personal ass-whipping. People have family, people have friends. You don't want to find out the hard way, that one of them has a temper, and a vendetta for disrespect.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-13-2015 at 03:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like it or not, firing these guys is WAY easier for their employer's management then keeping them around. These dudes you can replace.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People. This gathering of personal info is on you. We don't want it here on a soccer forum.

Thanks for your co-operation.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Like it or not, firing these guys is WAY easier for their employer's management then keeping them around. These dudes you can replace.
    Exactly. There is NO WAY they could let this guy come back to work. Most guys would have a problem working alongside this guy, let alone the women. He'll be severanced out.

I don't have any sympathy for any of these tools involved. The moment this story broke he could have released an apology or called up city and done an on air apology and we probably wouldn't be talking about it 3 days later. He might even have been able to save his job or at least whatever reputation he has left.
    Last edited by habstfc; 05-13-2015 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's not act like these are the standards people are generally held to: they are not. The B2B gold CEO is still employed (and he did far worse).

Discipline is warranted, this level of discipline is about the press and the 10 minute attention span of people on the Internet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let's not act like these are the standards people are generally held to: they are not. The B2B gold CEO is still employed (and he did far worse).
    Actually, they are. As I indicated when Martineau came up, powerful dudes who get away with this are the exception, and a miniscule one at that. Do not assume the power of B2B's CEO is the same as any of these guys.

These companies don't need these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Actually, they are. As I indicated when Martineau came up, powerful dudes who get away with this are the exception, and a miniscule one at that. Do not assume the power of B2B's CEO is the same as any of these guys.

These companies don't need these guys.
    This is about principal. The fact someone who is powerful gets away with it does not absolve them but it does make it hard to swallow that some sort of precedent is being set. Nothing is being gained here because the whole approach is drive-by in nature and at its core empty.

This is not going to end sexist behaviour any more than shaming frat boys from Alabama for black face Halloween costumes ended racism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    It certainly wasn't Vanney. There's no way he could plan something like that with his level of tactical competence.
    Damn it, you are right. I guess he stays for know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Just got home from work and people who never talk about TFC and the supporters now see us all as those idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if this is brought up for some time.

It sucks that some people here don't see this as wrong, and know that sexism is not acceptable, and we're all tainted now.

Personally as the largest supporter group RPB should be now leading the charge and let the world know that sexism will not be tolerated.

Perhaps an anti sexism TIFO is in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't feel sorry for these tools. You reap what you sow.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    I Just got home from work and people who never talk about TFC and the supporters now see us all as those idiots. I wouldn't be surprised if this is brought up for some time.

It sucks that some people here don't see this as wrong, and know that sexism is not acceptable, and we're all tainted now.

Personally as the largest supporter group RPB should be now leading the charge and let the world know that sexism will not be tolerated.

No it's not,what is in order to put this BS behind us and concentrate on what is actually happening on the field.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post

You reap what you sow.

is this just another hypocritical feminist controversty.
    You are trying to play victim now haha, classic. Verbally harassing someone is not a right, that's like saying rape is a right to sex. Not even the simple act of quoting me has escaped your narcissism and perpetual stabs at humour, so believe me you care. I get it: you will support your own discrimination and bullying at all costs. Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Being drunk doesn't excuse the behaviour. It explains why they were dumb enough to do it, but the actions themselves aren't somehow mitigated by alcohol consumption. Back off, say sorry, say you didn't mean it or just mumble and walk away, but their reaction to her calling them on it is precisely what is getting them in trouble. And yes, this is a harsh punishment, but they brought this on themselves. Just because this was intended as a (really stupid) joke doesn't lessen the impact on the recipient of the act. Many women reporters have said this is demoralizing and they feel harassed. That doesn't sound very funny to me.
    Nice post everyone needed to see this. I will not join in feeling sorry for them..because as you state, they had to be offensive morons X2 for this to get anywhere. If they gave it up after being called out this would never have made it to the media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    No it's not,what is in order to put this BS behind us and concentrate on what is actually happening on the field.
    This. I have barley looked at this thread but since its at 15 pages now it is rather hard to ignore.

This has as much to do with TFC as it does with Arsenal FC - nothing. This is about a few guys being caught for being idiots and getting burned for it, that's it case closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on the douche who actually said it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

North Americans(Mainly canadians) have zero sympathy for their fellow man/Citizen and tend to side with the establishment/Coporates 90% of the time.

Sad really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    North Americans(Mainly canadians) have zero sympathy for their fellow man/Citizen and tend to side with the establishment/Coporates 90% of the time.

Sad really.
    The recent election in Alberta appears to debunk your hypothesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad really.
    I don't even know where to start with this....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad really.
    I think that stat is sad without any source or link or poll or anything to back it up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad really.
    Not always,

A crowdfunding campaign was launched online to help that guy recover from the financial and emotional burden of being fired by Hydro One.

Lets see how far this will go.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 05-14-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: No name in here D, please.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It ended with $0

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post

What sucks to me is that you seem to be down about having to explain why this idiot doesn't represent something that you care about. If people are asking you about it (they have to me) then take the opportunity to damn him, distance yourself, and clarify why your different and why you like what you do.

"Some" people in this thread add up to very few and they don't represent RPB. We've had to speak on the issue to media about this already. That's taking ownership on what we do.

I don't feel comfortable at all making a reactionary TIFO that feels like an apology for something we didn't do.

If you feel bad or confused about it come down to Joe's next pregame and pick up some of the "respect" badges we have. It's an initiative we started before all this idiocy.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    I think that stat is sad without any source or link or poll or anything to back it up.
    That claim is usually made based on John Porter's work (he's the guy who came up with the idea of the Canadian "mosaic") comparing the US and Canada in the 1950s. He claimed that Canadians were more supportive of authority and institutions than Americans were. More recent research suggests he may not have been 100% correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Po...sociologist%29

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    Get a life
    oooOOOOOooo, thought compelling response, did it take you all day to come up with that? Why do you bother entering a discussion, if you are only going to spout off a nonsensical contribution. You have something to say, say it. Don't like what I said, use your words, like the other adults here. Really don't like it? Block me, I could care less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Exactly. There is NO WAY they could let this guy come back to work. Most guys would have a problem working alongside this guy, let alone the women. He'll be severanced out.

I don't have any sympathy for any of these tools involved. The moment this story broke he could have released an apology or called up city and done an on air apology and we probably wouldn't be talking about it 3 days later. He might even have been able to save his job or at least whatever reputation he has left.
    It not only boggles me, but troubles me, that there are so many that just don't get this. Common sense, and basic decency. Is that to much to expect out of people? Kind of a rhetorical question, given the evidence of human behavior we are witnessing.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey, I'm noticing lots of fresh tickets for sale in the Ticket Trader forum. Looks like a guy has some he can't use for whatever reason.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha