Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I just saw the video again and I can swear that one of the guys was Vanney. FIRE HIM RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!

LOL !
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawkins View Post
    Really... No offense... But with the technology out there now...this could be bypassed very easily .

Just saying
    Most of the people in this thread with 1-2 exceptions post here on a regular basis and are by no means new. I'm not sure why someone would throw away a few 100 (or a few 1000) posts on a sock account but I digress...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I agree. And as you pointed out, anyone can be fired. You just need to compensate them fairly for the circumstances (tenure, age, odds of getting a comparable job, etc). In this case, unless the guy got out in front of the story and apologized and it was accepted there wasn't much that would alter the outcome.

The only thing I would caution is that hydro one publicly cited harassment and a zero tolerance to that in making their decision. Since they are drawing a line in the sand for behaviour outside of work this could spiral. Technically speaking, yelling at a ref is harassment. They are working. The heckler is harassing them on the job. Yelling at a clerk in a department store. Getting upset with your phone company representative and going over the line in a fit of frustration in a call that is recorded for "quality assurance". Posting on this message board an opinion about the abilities of a player or coach? Etc. Etc.

All behaviour choices of the individual but we can understand that sometimes humans react emotionally at the time and regrettable choices are made. How far is hydro one going to go to enforce "zero tolerance?"

Slippery slope this.
    I don't buy the whole yelling at a ref during a game or swearing during a game argument. There is an expectation being a sports official of getting yelled at or called certain vulgarities unless however there is a racial or ethnic angle to the language in which case perpetrators of the language could and should expect to be thrown out. Reporter's on the streets should have an expectation of being able to do their jobs without all this nonsense were are talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    As an entity, I suppose MLSE can choose who they want to do business with.
    Read the fine print on your tickets folks. MLSE has the right to have you removed or ban you, most likely for this kind of situation. Think of it this way, if these idiots showed up again, I would almost guarantee there would be physical confrontations. If you can't handle yourself in a reasonable manner, alcohol or no alcohol, you shouldn't be at public events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    It's a private facility. I'm pretty sure they have a fair amount of leeway on this.

A ban won't do much though. They won't be able to get seasons or buy tickets direct, but they will have no problem walking through the the gates with tickets purchased elsewhere.
    If they get caught, they get arrested for criminal trespassing. So yeah, it's serious. Includes events at ACC as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you're on the news for something controversial you can bet your ass your employer can fire you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    This is getting a bit out of hand. Social media justice warriors scare me.
    I disagree. A problem in North America, is there is virtually zero accountability any more for what people say and do. Freedom to this and freedom to do that. Individual freedom to be an asshole do not outweigh the collective majority that don't want to deal with their bullshit.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just jumping back into this thread. That guy got fucked right in the you know what.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    I don't buy the whole yelling at a ref during a game or swearing during a game argument. There is an expectation being a sports official of getting yelled at or called certain vulgarities unless however there is a racial or ethnic angle to the language in which case perpetrators of the language could and should expect to be thrown out. Reporter's on the streets should have an expectation of being able to do their jobs without all this nonsense were are talking about.
    I actually think there is a really good discussion in here but out of respect for the reporter, I would like to leave the focus on what she did. (I got all philosophical about a slippery slope and social norms but think that continuing it takes away from the essence of the situation... so deleted the post).

On the topic of the reporter, I had a chat with the kids tonight about the incident and how she stood up to them. It's a great story and one of courage. I hope my girls don't have to face this but if they do that they have the same courage to stand up like she did. I'll be standing beside them, even if I need a walker by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol doesn't make you an asshole. It removes the cloak to show how much of an asshole you always have been. Being sober, you can make a conscious choice to filter it. After some drinks, the bouncer has left the building. A close friend of mine has shown that to me in the past. Normally, cool and composed, careful and calculated on how he speaks. After a few strong Belgium beers, I could not believe the things I was hearing.

Accountability. It's time that people had some.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteNorth; 05-12-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with the South End. Everyone should work together.

Glad I'm sitting in the North End tomorrow night. Think I need a break from this nonsense.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 05-13-2015 at 11:07 AM. Reason: cleanup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    it's playful and hopefully encouraging.
    I like U Sector. I like RPB. It goes back and forth and I don't like to see it. It's not playful. It's been happening since the first year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I just saw the video again and I can swear that one of the guys was Vanney. FIRE HIM RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!

There actually is a dude very drunkenly staggering in the background yelling "FI-RE VA-NNEY". Fucking hilarious the first time I caught it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    There actually is a dude very drunkenly staggering in the background yelling "FI-RE VA-NNEY". Fucking hilarious the first time I caught it.
    I didn't read all the pages of this thread so I'm sure its mentioned BUT this is the first time I've seen this happen, although I've been told all over the world this is happening when a female reporter is live to air. I fail to understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw this yesterday the name of the Hydro One employee employee looked familiar but I couldnt put my finger on it until now. He played as a sub in our co-ed league at Lamport a couple of times. Sure his girlfriend would have loved us yelling FHITP at her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt be surprised if this guy hangs himself. I think hes a douche but he's being killed in the media...he didnt even say the original comemnt. Whatever, it takes away the focus from a crappy TFC performance. Plus, hes a Gooner so....what do you expect.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post

makes me wonder was he fired from Ctv or was canadaian double standard aplied in his case.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh he's still there.

It makes me wonder why we expect some to get away with stuff because somebody got away with something in 2004 due to a power relationship.

Guys in power get away with stuff. That is crap. Not a particularly Canadian phenomena btw.

Some of late have not. That is good.

Doesn't excuse this behaviour on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah. Watching this play out, what shocks me the most is how insanely mean everyone is. People won't rest until these guys are run out of town or kill themselves. I saw on post on Facebook saying exactly that! You would think that looking like a complete idiot on TV and the internet would be punishment enough.
    It used to be "an eye for an eye" but in the internet age, it's a "severed head for an eye".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went through this thread for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I think news reporters should get over themselves. It's a joke.

You cant expect everyone to conform to one sense of humor. It's not sexist nor is it harassment. It is a joke.

I never said the tapes (originals) being fake excused the man for copying them, I think they are hilarious. These "incidents" are clearly not a sexist-harassment. Every time the person says it into the camera or the microphone while looking into the camera, they are not directing it to the news reporter, but to the camera and microphone capturing it.

How feminism and religious leaders have outlawed speech and hypocritically warped laws to suit their subversive agendas.

Contrary to what you think, while the behavior may seem extremely distasteful in your eyes nothing about it warrants such a vile and fascist response. In the wake of this joke you are advocating not only the censorship of certain speech but the behavioral modification of individuals who don't have the appropriate response deemed correct. That's in line with 1940's germany or Orwell's 1984.

They won’t get charged but could under Canadian criminal code s.175, so the fact that you would go so far as to call that opinion (from users on here) “Nazi Germany”, “Orwellian”, and continuously refer to it as a “joke” conveys to me, unmistakably, that you condone harassment specifically harassment to women. I'm surprised that insinuation alone was tolerated, let alone some other content, so this will be my last post on this message board.

You're crying censorship? Get over yourself, they had nothing to say, it was an assaulting non-sequitor. She was verbally harassed. You defend and promote this vulgar trying-too-hard behaviour while criticizing the reporter for not taking it, and a user (eventually MLSE) for wanting them banned. Point blank you are defending the offenders and blaming everyone else. You try and clown us with technicalities about how it’s not directed at her…lol…the only reason it happened was due to her presence. It was very much directed at her, IDGAF how much you want to downplay it as a troll meme that has been around (that makes it OK?). Sorry but you can’t screw with people and feel entitled that nobody react to it, ever. Even little kids rarely get away with doing bad or offensive stuff under the premise that they’re ‘just kidding’ so why should cowardly douche men be able to?
    Last edited by nonc; 05-13-2015 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her (him)."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawkins View Post
    Interesting how there are more "registered users" commenting on this thread. Wonder how many of them are actual paying members who have created another account just to hide their names.

1) do I believe that these comments are appropriate ?? Hell no! If MLSE wants to ban them... Well that's their choice, thier stadiums.. Thier choice

2) don't we have a charter of rights and freedoms......freedom of speech?? Again... I think what they said was stupid but... Still his right to freedom.

3) since when can employers fire you for what you do on your own personal time?? It's bull shit..dude..hire a lawyer and sue hydro one for wrongful dismissal and sue MLSe for overserving you alcohol...they should share the blame for your stupidity.

4) so... Does this me the end of "fu(k you Vancouver " chant?? I mean I don't want to get fired for offending Vancouver fans or players.

Just my thoughts
    Interesting? Is it? I'll share why there are more RU's here - Because it's an off topic issue barely tied to footy or footy talk. Everyone can have a an opinion on this. It's being talked about everywhere (today. maybe tomorrow.) and it has the loosest of ties to this culture. If people want to respectfully compare viewpoints on this pretty general human topic of respect and freedoms of speech - Go for it. But let me quell any reservations about double accounts from members - Look at post counts. There are very few newbies in here. These are people who see a new and hot topic and want to weigh in. No higher conspiracies needed.

And the day I see/hear an entire city demanding another cities stadium gets fired - well, that would be news too.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Woah. Watching this play out, what shocks me the most is how insanely mean everyone is. People won't rest until these guys are run out of town or kill themselves. I saw on post on Facebook saying exactly that! You would think that looking like a complete idiot on TV and the internet would be punishment enough.
    It used to be "an eye for an eye" but in the internet age, it's a "severed head for an eye".
    It helps to re-enforce us that few are thinking of accountability in any media these days. This guy in front of a camera or the people on social media thinking their extreme views are somewhat safer to say.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Zero,

Article 8: Multiple Accounts
    Remember - Only ONE account per person. If Multiple accounts are detected with an IP search, please note that both your accounts will be Banned. Also, if a user has been banned, it is not permissible to make another account. Otherwise your IP Address will be banned and you won't be able to access the site altogether. Also please note that if you do have existing Multiple accounts, please let the Administrators or Moderators know ASAP. We will take the appropriate action and it will prevent your unnecessary banning.
    To be fair, that's very, very easy to bypass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Too bad he wasn't Mayor of Toronto as he would still have a job.
    ![/QUOTE]

burn!
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 05-13-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    Excellent point made. We have learned a lot from this whole thing, and the most disgusting thing to me has been the mob mentality, and the pleasure that people take from lives ruined because of a stupid mistake. Some people actually want them to commit suicide. Disgusting! Not saying I think what they did wasn't bad, I just don't think they deserve to have their lives ruined. They didn't kill anyone. We're not talking about drunk drivers. Heck, even speeding to me should be considered worse on a scale of douchebaggery - and I'm pretty confident there are people who wanted these guys lynched who at the same time is speeding through our city (or has done it even once). To me speeding is actually more offensive because it can cause ACTUAL harm to someone. There's a complete lack of reason in this city over this issue.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    To be fair, that's very, very easy to bypass.
    Also silly to ban people these days strictly on IP address match. Better make sure that IP address isn't an the address of a cell tower near BMO field for example. You are likely to have multiple hits. Or if people work for the same company, or even family members.

Had this been 5-7 years ago, yes a simple IP search would reveal multiple accounts. Not so much anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Excellent point made. We have learned a lot from this whole thing, and the most disgusting thing to me has been the mob mentality, and the pleasure that people take from lives ruined because of a stupid mistake. Some people actually want them to commit suicide. Disgusting! Not saying I think what they did wasn't bad, I just don't think they deserve to have their lives ruined. They didn't kill anyone. We're not talking about drunk drivers. Heck, even speeding to me should be considered worse on a scale of douchebaggery - and I'm pretty confident there are people who wanted these guys lynched who at the same time is speeding through our city (or has done it even once). To me speeding is actually more offensive because it can cause ACTUAL harm to someone. There's a complete lack of reason in this city over this issue.
    Is this really something you haven't seen building over the years? When the hypocrisy gap gets too wide between our empty words about "equality" and the actual experiences of people, shit happens.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The internet can be an evil place. Has been for the 30 years I've been on it. People lose the bonds of physicality and thus feel they can say whatever they want. Outrage as balm for self doubt. Calling for these guys to commit suicide is whacko.

On the other hand, the internet has drawn people into following TFC.

And its given us cat videos, which I assume amuse some people.

And I am indebted to a crane operator above the South Core for the picture that is my avatar. Like, come on, who wouldn't chuckle at the thought of a raccoon 200 metres up above on a crane above the city?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-13-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I actually think there is a really good discussion in here but out of respect for the reporter, I would like to leave the focus on what she did. (I got all philosophical about a slippery slope and social norms but think that continuing it takes away from the essence of the situation... so deleted the post).

On the topic of the reporter, I had a chat with the kids tonight about the incident and how she stood up to them. It's a great story and one of courage. I hope my girls don't have to face this but if they do that they have the same courage to stand up like she did. I'll be standing beside them, even if I need a walker by then.
    great job pookie!

considering the stats are insanely stacked that a female get sexually assaulted at one point of her life, its time to empower women and teach them how kick straight for the nuts.