Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I'm assuming the employee isn't unionised as his union would be all over this and no chance of a firing. Either way he would still have a good case of wrongful dismissal if he got an employment lawyer.
    If he's in management, he's not part of the union.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Absolutely - since the link has been made, it would reflect poorly on the company if they kept him employed. It's usually the first thing that happens when things like this go viral.

EDIT: I'm not sure which which guy from the video this happened to.
    Man its a dangerous precedent to set - we ALL swear and act like idiots from time to time (what goes on behind closed doors, right?) - just imagine if we all got caught by a video/camera phone/almost any device these days saying almost ANYTHING - nobody will have a job by the end of this week!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nestease View Post
    These guys are tools, douchey, and not funny.

That being said, you social justice warriors are a bunch of fucking hypocrites and weirdos.

Let's start with CityTV. When City had an actually harassment and bigotry problem inside their own studios when a Gord Martineau video leaked:
    (a) Calling Roch Voisin a "homo" and doing a lisp and limp wrist routine
    (b) Calling a story on a pancreas transplant unimportant, then while next to his co-host Anne Mroczowski, pointed to his crotch calling that important
    (c) Rolled up his papers and waved it around pretending to be his dong while next to his female co-host
    (d) Brought up the topic of confessions, asked to hear Anne Mroczowski's confessions like a fucking creep and asked her if she "had bad things to say, bad thoughts and deeds"

What did they do? NOTHING. They put it in a montage for their Christmas Party. Then when it was leaked, they defended him.

Not only that, but they threatened those who hosted the videos with their legal team according to the individual who made them public on his blog.

CityTV reporter, Avery Haines, the same Avery Haines who was fired from CTV after making some dumb joke on air about Affirmative Action. The same Avery Haines who cried about it just being a joke. The same Avery Haines who insinuated about everyone being out for blood, how the media went out and started asking for comments from Black, Asian, Handicap groups in an effort to ruin her life... is putting out some fucking weird media bounty looking for this guys family:

Who gives a shit? We're going to bully and fuck with this guys family now too?

These guys are dummies, but the people who wont sleep until these guys are fired from their jobs and commit suicide are something else.
    Fresh on the heels of the Bill C-51, the internet heroes on both sides need to vent out any remaining frustration somewhere.

A bunch of assclowns surely, but the venom online is incredible. They tried to be clever and looked like fools, that used to be enough. Now strangers stop at nothing to anonymously put them in serious personal misery.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting of any personal info of anyone will NOT BE TOLERATED.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Fresh on the heels of the Bill C-51, the internet heroes on both sides need to vent out any remaining frustration somewhere.

A bunch of assclowns surely, but the venom online is incredible. They tried to be clever and looked like fools, that used to be enough. Now strangers stop at nothing to anonymously put them in serious personal misery.
    A bunch of strangers who are all perfect and never done anything wrong in their life, of course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It was not the guy who actually said it, he made the follow up remark.
    Fuck that guy, coward who just ran off. If they want to make an example out of anyone it should be him not the bystanders whose crime was laughing. If it was the guy who made the vibrator comment then I won't lose sleep over his firing either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Wow, you can get fired from saying something stupid outside of work on your own private time?
    Private time yes but they were in a public place harassing a TV reporter during a broadcast. They put themselves there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man its a dangerous precedent to set - we ALL swear and act like idiots from time to time (what goes on behind closed doors, right?) - just imagine if we all got caught by a video/camera phone/almost any device these days saying almost ANYTHING - nobody will have a job by the end of this week!
    Yeah, for sure - I worried about that at a couple of games since some other clubs were clients of my employer.

Let's not forget that they weren't "caught on camera" they were looking right into it - and it wasn't a small device like a smart phone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on who you are.
    This person said this while wearing a Leaf's jersey and he is not banned from any MLSE properties.
    Never fired either as he said sorry after he was forced to by Toronto Council.
    A double standard.
    ***Oooops! EDIT it was an Argo jersey so I guess it's different! :P
    Last edited by Petor; 05-12-2015 at 02:59 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Fuck that guy, coward who just ran off. If they want to make an example out of anyone it should be him not the bystanders whose crime was laughing. If it was the guy who made the vibrator comment then I won't lose sleep over his firing either.
    It was, as I have said the guy with the shades is likely the only one with a leg to stand on if anyone/organization took action against him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bunch of strangers who are all perfect and never done anything wrong in their life, of course!
    If the purveyors of fine social justice want to go after someone personally, have the courage to leave your name and number.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sunshine List, our tax money paid the salary of that douchebag.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Most firings are job/performance related, I wonder without a charge being filed if this is a big wrongfully dismissal waiting to happen. If a Union is involved it has the chance to get even more complicated, especially if the guy files a grievance. This is very interesting on so many levels.
    Someone will take this on. Assuming the guy has a good track record at work (which may not be the case) it seems like an extreme reaction to me. I presume that someone will be able to make the argument that a warning or suspension or sorts would be just given the circumstances. Crazy how far this is going...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely - since the link has been made, it would reflect poorly on the company if they kept him employed. It's usually the first thing that happens when things like this go viral.

EDIT: I'm not sure which which guy from the video this happened to.
    Aresenal Jersey Guy from what I understand

if this had not happened in the public spotlight, would the employer not sent the guy for gender sensitivity training or the like instead of a straight firing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the guy lost $100,000 a year job working at Toronto Hydro I think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Someone will take this on. Assuming the guy has a good track record at work (which may not be the case) it seems like an extreme reaction to me. I presume that someone will be able to make the argument that a warning or suspension or sorts would be just given the circumstances. Crazy how far this is going...
    Hydro One needs all the positive publicity they can get after what the disgrace of a Premier is doing with them.
    Animals Eaten:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post

if this had not happened in the public spotlight, would the employer not sent the guy for gender sensitivity training or the like instead of a straight firing?
    I don't see why not - if it wasn't in the public spotlight, they might not even know about it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the purveyors of fine social justice want to go after someone personally, have the courage to leave your name and number.
    First of all,

I'm Mennonite.

I believe in social justice. As do others on here. If you don't care for that, that's your issue. I'm not here to defend social justice.

Secondly, DON'T CROSS THE LINE. Look it up as far as MLS is concerned.

Thirdly, the use of the phrase "social justice" has become code in gamer gate discussions for "I can't fault your actual critiques of behaviour I think is appropriate so I'm going to slag your belief system."

Are you SURE you want to go down that path on this thread. Nothing good will come of it.

I accept that others in here strongly disagree with me politically and about social issues. I will not stay around a place that turns into something akin to the toxic discussions that gamer gate has become.

I will state this again - this thread has WAY more potential to turn into something ugly.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worried about that at a couple of games since some other clubs were clients of my employer.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I will not stay around a place that turns into something akin to the toxic discussions that gamer gate has become.
    By Wednesday, we'll have something entirely new to talk about. let's hope it involves football
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    First of all,

I'm Mennonite.

I believe in social justice. As do others on here. If you don't care for that, that's your issue. I'm not here to defend social justice.

Secondly, DON'T CROSS THE LINE. Look it up as far as MLS is concerned.

Thirdly, the use of the phrase "social justice" has become code in gamer gate discussions for "I can't fault your actual critiques of behaviour I think is appropriate so I'm going to slag your belief system."

Are you SURE you want to go down that path on this thread. Nothing good will come of it.

I accept that others in here strongly disagree with me politically and about social issues. I will not stay around a place that turns into something akin to the toxic discussions that gamer gate has become.

I will state this again - this thread has WAY more potential to turn into something ugly.
    None of us here are like gamer gate.

You spin so well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manitou22 View Post
    Private time yes but they were in a public place harassing a TV reporter during a broadcast. They put themselves there.
    Not exactly. They put themselves there as much as they were hanging out with the original douche. Maybe they were even goading him on / encouraging him, whatever. Point is they were standing in a public place snickering at the juvenile stunt their friend pulled, and the reporter pulled them into the conversation because she couldn't confront the perpetrator. Her confronting them because they appeared to be tangential to the original event is hardly harassment on their part.

Their friend harassed her; she confronted the friends. This is where I think a good lawyer will help the Arsenal shirt guy get a decent settlement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the perps involved were clearly conspiring to do something. It's pretty clear they were hanging around before hand. I'm sure the reporter sensed this that's why she went after the guy in the shades after his buddy ran off. Drunkeness is not an excuse I hope they all lose their jobs. Fuck them..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is gamergate? Is that like the wrought iron gate that was proposed made out of silhouettes of the greatest players in TFC history, including Carlos Ruiz and Adam Braz?

These internet witch hunts are an embarrassment. Not merely losing a job because a moment of drunken stupidity where nobody was injured, but droves of random strangers taking a position of moral superiority to pressure a (temporarily) public company to rid someone of their lively hood.

but I guess the world is a better place now...
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention, and I don't fault her, as a reporter you're not supposed to put drunk people on TV. Especially live TV.

She was mad, I'd be mad too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post
    Not to mention, and I don't fault her, as a reporter you're not supposed to put drunk people on TV. Especially live TV.

This 100%

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Califax View Post

It wasn't live, was it? I thought it was recorded and then they released the shots. I'm trying to look it up now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF is gamergate?
    Your language mirrors it. Specifically your repeated use of the word "social justice" as a derogatory slur against people defending the right of a woman to not have to deal with sexist language.

But, I can possibly see somebody never having heard of it (although you would have to not be anywhere near social media for the last 18 months) and still using the language without knowing where it was used recently.

Califax is right - nobody here has indicated they support that. I withdraw that remark. Apologies to anybody I've offended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my seats are next to those guys (they're in row 9, i'm in row 10 - except i couldn't make it to the home opener because of Mother's Day) and i hear this shit from them every single game. i'll be glad to not have to hear slurs against women and gay people.

that being said, the reaction this has created is mindblowingly intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post

Employers don't have to do anything like that. I'm pretty sure this guy signed an employment contract outlining his behaviour as a Hydro One employee. My wife works in health care and I know she did. Doubt he's unionized. Usually only the linsemen who work on hydro lines and alike are unionized there. I don't feel bad for anyone here involved, probably going to be more firings, fine with me.