Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we play with courage, please? MTL is the worst team in the league, for gods sake. I'm running out of people to take to games!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really believe the Reds will go all out now.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/amway...voyageurs-cup/

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this.
    I think Ensco's instincts are bang on. After the weekend's performances and vanney admitting to Kurt Larson that Bradley makes his own decisions about when he'll play, that this team is Bradley's, or at best a collaborative effort between him, Vanney and Frasier.

And that's a huge fucking mistake.

The only time Bradley has looked dominant -- EVER -- for this club has been playing as a defensive mid and not coming forward; the pairing of him and Cheyrou playing defensively with Osorio coming forward in the second half of that first game looked great.

But more than that, we have to question at this point whether Vanney is going to get his shit together; how can he cede choice of when to play to a player? How can we not know, tactically, what shape we should have by now? HOw can we be playing, STILL, without a bonafide system, to take into account the fact that most MLS players aren't good enough to just freelance.

Sunday's performance was pure ego from our DPs and appeasement from Vanney. We played seven back, one all over the place, two forward. The movement was shit, and that's because these egotists actually think they're so much above the MLS curve that they can control the game without the rest of the team needing to go forward.

It's idiotic and it says to mean he's just not the guy. We need a strong, experienced hand in charge of this team. It's done now; it's about time. If I still had the energy, I'd write another "Start the deathwatch" column for RedNation. Don't think I've been wrong with one of those yet in eight years.

Bah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I'll give you my ticket for free, can't go to these midweek games. DM me your email address and full name, I'll transfer my ticket to you.
    my seasons aren't in my name so don't worry about it. I doubt I'll have to pay over 15$ for a ticket from a scalper so it's not much of a money issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think Ensco's instincts are bang on. After the weekend's performances and vanney admitting to Kurt Larson that Bradley makes his own decisions about when he'll play, that this team is Bradley's, or at best a collaborative effort between him, Vanney and Frasier.

And that's a huge fucking mistake.

The only time Bradley has looked dominant -- EVER -- for this club has been playing as a defensive mid and not coming forward; the pairing of him and Cheyrou playing defensively with Osorio coming forward in the second half of that first game looked great.

But more than that, we have to question at this point whether Vanney is going to get his shit together; how can he cede choice of when to play to a player? How can we not know, tactically, what shape we should have by now? HOw can we be playing, STILL, without a bonafide system, to take into account the fact that most MLS players aren't good enough to just freelance.

Sunday's performance was pure ego from our DPs and appeasement from Vanney. We played seven back, one all over the place, two forward. The movement was shit, and that's because these egotists actually think they're so much above the MLS curve that they can control the game without the rest of the team needing to go forward.

It's idiotic and it says to mean he's just not the guy. We need a strong, experienced hand in charge of this team. It's done now; it's about time. If I still had the energy, I'd write another "Start the deathwatch" column for RedNation. Don't think I've been wrong with one of those yet in eight years.

Bah.
    Great post.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what some of the guys mean by "only two more games"?

Advancing through the CONCACAFF Champions league requires a series of games and group stages with gruelling mid-week travel to Central America hotbeds in between league games

Add in the fact we are going to lose all our top players for extended periods during this summers Gold Cup, Pan Am Games and International qualifying weeks we are going to be hard pressed to field a competitive team for a loot of crucial games

If you are serious about finally making the MLS playoffs we are best to bow out of this elongated tournament to nowhere!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post

Advancing through the CONCACAFF Champions league requires a series of games and group stages with gruelling mid-week travel to Central America hotbeds in between league games

Add in the fact we are going to lose all our top players for extended periods during this summers Gold Cup, Pan Am Games and International qualifying weeks we are going to be hard pressed to field a competitive team for a loot of crucial games

If you are serious about finally making the MLS playoffs we are best to bow out of this elongated tournament to nowhere!
    if we win it, we won't qualify until the 2016 edition. Vancouver is playing in this year's tournament due to them having the best league record last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks....was not aware

However I'm not sure why any team would want to take on added games in any season

It's funny, we watch our own qualifying and the European qualifying and the CL finals in Japan are little more than a rumour!
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks....was not aware

However I'm not sure why any team would want to take on added games in any season

It's funny, we watch our own qualifying and the European qualifying and the CL finals in Japan are little more than a rumour!
    Maybe for the chance to win a Continental championship and represent all of us against the world's top teams? Maybe they have ambition to be looked at on a different level than the rest?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to seeing Konopka again, beginning to like him as keeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think resting players last week was about putting a strong showing on for the home opener and avoiding injuries to key players. It would have been a PR nightmare if Gio got injured in Montreal and missed the opener. Expected big crowd, big expectations, etc.

I think we will see a full strength lineup - or close to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I think resting players last week was about putting a strong showing on for the home opener and avoiding injuries to key players. It would have been a PR nightmare if Gio got injured in Montreal and missed the opener. Expected big crowd, big expectations, etc.

I think we will see a full strength lineup - or close to it.

I think we should at least rotate the squad a bit. We're a bit deep in a few areas and Saturday against a hot Revs team won't be easy on two days rest. So, I'm hoping for:

Konopka
    Creavalle(if Bloom can't start) - Simonin - Perquis - Morrow
    Jackson - Warner - Bradley/Cheyrou - Osorio
    Seba
    Jozy

If we're leading by enough in the second, take off Seba at 60 minutes for either Bradley or Cheyrou (they shouldn't both start). Jozy later for Hamilton (thought it would probably be Moore) and Osorio for Lovitz.

If we need goals then you put on the lineup in the second than you throw everything at them.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 05-12-2015 at 09:30 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...watched Vanney's interview from today. He basically agreed with Davidson when asked about a defensive midfielder to protect the back four and allow Bradley and Cheyrou to go forward.

Not sure it will happen this game, but don't be surprised if we move to that 4-1-2-3 that Kristian Jack was suggesting - if we don't, NER will eat us for lunch within 10 minutes.

Says will be going out to attack at home tomorrow night. I'm hoping Altidore starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Simonin out with surgery for the season?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Day!!!!!!

Ok, there's only going to be about 15K down at BMO today, and we are likely to see a lot of the B teams for both sides and its going to be cold and the atmosphere is not going to be all that great and I know darn well that the powers that be don't take this as seriously as I would like them to but....

Its what I do.

Quietly

over in 221. (well I actually did stand up on Sunday and do the middle finger salute to that Houston dance...surprised myself actually)

but

anyhooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone going to Joe's before the game today? I'd swing by for a beer before heading to the stadium if people do.

Cheers!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Isn't Simonin out with surgery for the season?
    He had "minor" knee surgery according to Vanney. I don't think he is ready at all but I haven't heard it was season ending either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if there is more pressure to win now that the home opener went so poorly? Either way, I'm there and ready to cheer my ass off!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    He had "minor" knee surgery according to Vanney. I don't think he is ready at all but I haven't heard it was season ending either.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club is willing to take on Man City, but fuck this tournament, amirite?

We're talking about this home and home w/Montreal and should we win, a home and home with Vancouver in August.

THAT'S IT FOR 2015!

There's absolutely no god damn reason we shouldn't be out to win this bloody cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we won against Houston I would think it'd be the full B team out here. However seeing that we stunk the joint out for our home opener and play a most likely un-winnable match this Saturday in NE, I say Vanney goes mostly all in today. Honestly, regardless of competition, how many home matches could we possible blow before the heat starts to mount on Vanney? He must know this. It's not like Portland and S.J are going to roll over like Orlando & Philly did and we just managed to beat them. Unconvincingly.

Every match will start telling a lot about Vanney and how he is 'leading' the squad.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-13-2015 at 10:03 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring your longjohns hats and mitts tonight people. It ain't gonna snow, but by game time, it will feel like 7 going down to feeling like 5 by end of the game.

Canadian soccer at its finest - sitting there in the cold with 15K watching a bunch of Americans and the odd Italian trying to win our national cup.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that before people complain about the attendance, other MLS teams would love to have this sort of crowd for their first round of the US Open Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If we won against Houston I would think it'd be the full B team out here. However seeing that we stunk the joint out for our home opener and play a most likely un-winnable match this Saturday in NE, I say Vanney goes mostly all in today. Honestly, regardless of competition, how many home matches could we possible blow before the heat starts to mount on Vanney? He must know this.
    That's sort of my thinking too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That's sort of my thinking too.
    After the embarrassment, TFC PR needs some positive to work with. Definitely agree it's not likely to come from NE on the weekend, so this would be useful. Another sunday home date on the schedule, they need all the help they can get to "attempt" to fill the house.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bring your longjohns hats and mitts tonight people. It ain't gonna snow, but by game time, it will feel like 7 going down to feeling like 5 by end of the game.

Canadian soccer at its finest - sitting there in the cold with 15K watching a bunch of Americans and the odd Italian trying to win our national cup.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that before people complain about the attendance, other MLS teams would love to have this sort of crowd for their first round of the US Open Cup.
    Also RE attendance -- I watched the highlights from all MLS games this weekend. I think the BMO Field expansion to 30k is silly, but our attendance really isn't bad compared to the league average.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if the team ever starts winning and making the playoffs consistantly, that place will be packed
    plus you have to look at tickets sold rather than just the people who show up
    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Also RE attendance -- I watched the highlights from all MLS games this weekend. I think the BMO Field expansion to 30k is silly, but our attendance really isn't bad compared to the league average.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    over in 221. (well I actually did stand up on Sunday and do the middle finger salute to that Houston dance...surprised myself actually)
    As did I, both hands, double fingered tho

Was in 120, and they were centred a few rows down from me. He definitely saw me, and smirked a lil extra. (*)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone read KJ's recent article. He was mentioned that TFC need to be playing a 4-3-3. Any thoughts on this. Do you guys agree? Sounds as if Vanney may have a holding mid playing this game.. does that mean we end up seeing a Osorio - Warner - Bradley mid?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the latest time I can print a ticket? 2 hours before kick-off? or did they move it back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of tickets, my seatmate had to go on a biz trip yesterday, so I have a ticket in 120 available (free) at the moment.