Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyageur Cup semi-final 2nd Leg Discussion: Impact (1) at TFC (0)

Voyageur Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Impact at TFC
    May 13, 2015
    7:30PM EDT
    TV: Sportsnet One

After a 2-1 loss in the much anticipated home opener at the new BMO Field, the Reds have a quick turn around with the second leg of their V-Cup semi-final vs. the Impact. Down a goal the Reds will be looking to rebound to reach the Canadian Championship Final. It will be interesting after resting a bunch of starters last week in the first leg including Jozy and Seba, will Greg amp it up with the starting 11 and go for it all.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 05-11-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We better bloody win....I don't want TFC to get knocked out by Montreal. Any thoughts on attendance? I think we may get about half of what we had yesterday being an non-MLS game on a weeknight.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well resting players last week didn't help us win against a struggling Houston team. What next?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    We better bloody win....I don't want TFC to get knocked out by Montreal. Any thoughts on attendance? I think we may get about half of what we had yesterday being an non-MLS game on a weeknight.
    Isn't this our only way of playing in the champions league? You'd think we would take it more seriously (fielding a stronger 1st leg team)
    OR is it whoever the best Canadian team in the MLS is, they changed it?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SS2006 View Post
    Isn't this our only way of playing in the champions league? You'd think we would take it more seriously (fielding a stronger 1st leg team)
    League standing was a one-off last year. It's back to V-Cup now on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are at home, put out a team to win the game. If they dont take this competition seriously then don't make us pay for it. If treated as a friendly don't force me to buy it with my season seats

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SS2006 View Post
    Yeah it is our way to the CCL but for whatever reason we don't tend to have a big crowd for VCup or even CCL matches most times. I don't know why. I will be there....that is all I know. I love the CCL and VCup games. The first leg I get they may have rested some guys but I fully expect a more serious lineup to happen on Wednesday. Must win game....also can't let in any away goals for Montreal. Going to be tense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pic Red CB! It could use a caption:

Jack: "Oh darn, my heel broke again"
    Eriq: "Shoulda gone Gucci, like me"

We got this match. Big bounce back, starting here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I agree the crowd is lacking, but a start would be for our team/coach to take it more seriously too, by fielding the top strength team
    Montreal made it to the CCL finals and they don't have Giovinco, Altidore, and Bradely. I think we are well equipped to make noise at the CL, and I think qualifying should be a priority

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    You are at home, put out a team to win the game. If they dont take this competition seriously then don't make us pay for it. If treated as a friendly don't force me to buy it with my season seats
    THIS... I will be there and I expect a strong team

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley plays, cause after yesterday, nobody is going to stop him.

I hope we have both Gio and Altidore on the bench.

Bendik back? Meh...

I suspect we rest Osorio, as I think he got his spot back yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play the full lineup, it's our cup and really all it does if we win is add 2 more games to our schedule this year.

6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs... Montreal isn't good, Philly is in shambles, 2 expansion teams who are struggling and Chicago who i don't think has a very strong team.

If playing 2 extra games means we can't finish above 4 of those teams we didn't deserve to make the playoffs to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado is off to the U20WC today, so that spot from the first leg will be open.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus of note TFC2 has a road game on Thursday night at St. Louis.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Play the full lineup, it's our cup and really all it does if we win is add 2 more games to our schedule this year.

6 out of 10 teams make the playoffs... Montreal isn't good, Philly is in shambles, 2 expansion teams who are struggling and Chicago who i don't think has a very strong team.

If playing 2 extra games means we can't finish above 4 of those teams we didn't deserve to make the playoffs to begin with.
    Bingo.

Plus it's not like those teams won't have cup games/friendlies of their own.

I want to see our best 11 on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney won't - I don't think he sees this as a priority when his job is on the line making the MLS playoffs. TFC is going to crash out on Wednesday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Vanney won't - I don't think he sees this as a priority when his job is on the line making the MLS playoffs. TFC is going to crash out on Wednesday.
    Is this a SuperDuperGuarantee??

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I have a bad feeling about this.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they won't play a good lineup it says 1 of 2 things to me:

1. We believe so little in our roster we think that 2 extra games could make expansion teams and teams in shambles spending 1/10th of what we do are better than us.

or

2. We have no ambition to compete in the champions league and let us make the playoffs barely so we can get that monkey off our backs.

No excuse to hold players out unless they are injured to the point where they wouldn't play in an MLS game on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play the strongest 11 IMO - the players don't deserve a rest after Sunday, and secondly the Houston game proved that the first 11 need games together as a unit - this is a prime opportunity to play them all and get some cohesiveness in the team. Plus, if you play the first time and get a good win its morale and confidence boosting. If players need a 'rest' after 9 games into a season then there is a real fitness issue!

(the only worry if that we play the first 11 and still lose, which honestly I can still see happening as I have no confidence after the Houston game!).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad thing is that we'll probably use a B+ squad and draw Montreal Wednesday, getting us knocked out while saying that we're looking ahead to a league match on Saturday that we'll almost assuredly lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    If they won't play a good lineup it says 1 of 2 things to me:

1. We believe so little in our roster we think that 2 extra games could make expansion teams and teams in shambles spending 1/10th of what we do are better than us.

or

2. We have no ambition to compete in the champions league and let us make the playoffs barely so we can get that monkey off our backs.

No excuse to hold players out unless they are injured to the point where they wouldn't play in an MLS game on Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Play the strongest 11 IMO - the players don't deserve a rest after Sunday, and secondly the Houston game proved that the first 11 need games together as a unit - this is a prime opportunity to play them all and get some cohesiveness in the team. Plus, if you play the first time and get a good win its morale and confidence boosting. If players need a 'rest' after 9 games into a season then there is a real fitness issue!

(the only worry if that we play the first 11 and still lose, which honestly I can still see happening as I have no confidence after the Houston game!).
    EXACTLY!!! Time to stop F'in the dog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna sneak into the southend tommorow. What do you guys think is the cheapest ticket I can pick up at the game tommorow? scalper or at the gate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From some of the Vanney quotes I saw, he's going to be careful with who he plays on Wednesday. #GetUsedToIt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please don't play bad again bradley :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might not be the worst thing in the world to sit Bradley or Cheyrou for this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'm gonna sneak into the southend tommorow. What do you guys think is the cheapest ticket I can pick up at the game tommorow? scalper or at the gate.
    About $3.50. Or free. Yea you can probly find one for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be upset if he doesn't put out a decent lineup, New England is an almost guaranteed loss the way we've been playing so Vanney should wise up and go for this cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I'll give you my ticket for free, can't go to these midweek games. DM me your email address and full name, I'll transfer my ticket to you.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roster Comments from Greg after today's training. Good to see Seba will be in the mix, hopefully Jozy is available too. Really want to see them amp it up and knock out the Impact.

Vanney: "Sebastian Giovinco is available for tomorrow night's game."

Vanney: "Caldwell is still out. Bloom is questionable. Joe Bendik is getting closer, but not available yet."