0 Thread(s)

Default Argos not welcome at BMO -commish

Commissioner wants BMO to stay SSS too.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/200...50896-sun.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No shit... I mean one of the stipulations for getting the team was a SSS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FINALLY someone talks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK CHRIST! I am getting sick of this $hit. It ain't going to heppen - EVER hopefully this quiets the non sense.

Mikey

basically it says " I've come out on your side, please dont trash my all-star game tonight".

Thanks
    Commish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I am not so sure, he has been a proponent of the SSS since he took over. Besides 1 day is not enough to turn it around, the media has known that this has been brewing for a while, he could have issued a statement much earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how many times I have to say this, there is ZERO chance of the Argos actually moving to BMO.
    Trust me on this one, the Argos are at Rogers Center rent free because a few years ago they threatened to play out of York University until Rogers said they could play at Rogers Center for free (in order to raise Rogers profile), so now that the lease is coming up the Argos want to make sure they get the same deal again so they are pretending to go through negotiations to go into BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agree completely. There is no way in hell the Argos are going to move to BMO. The cost of the move would put the Argos in the red for many years to come. They would need to modify the stadium AND add another 10,000 seats. OR they can stay at Rogers Centre and keep their cash!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iguy View Post
    I don't know how many times I have to say this, there is ZERO chance of the Argos actually moving to BMO.
    Trust me on this one, the Argos are at Rogers Center rent free because a few years ago they threatened to play out of York University until Rogers said they could play at Rogers Center for free (in order to raise Rogers profile), so now that the lease is coming up the Argos want to make sure they get the same deal again so they are pretending to go through negotiations to go into BMO.
    There is a chance SkyDome may be renovated to accomodate the Bills - meaning the Argos couldn't play there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexintoronto View Post
    There is a chance SkyDome may be renovated to accomodate the Bills - meaning the Argos couldn't play there.
    By the time that happens, TFC needs to huge enough not to be expected to accomodate the argos.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    No shit... I mean one of the stipulations for getting the team was a SSS.
    I'm pretty sure SSS was not mandatory for Toronto's bid to be succesful.

It's still not mandatory for teams nowadays, either. Seattle doesn't have one and they were awarded a club. I'm pretty sure SSS are not a prerequisite for MLS franchises, just encouraged for the obvious reasons.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the CFL folds, like that there'll be no chance of them moving in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    By the time that happens, TFC needs to huge enough not to be expected to accomodate the argos.
    The Argos won't wait till that happens before they explore other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I'm pretty sure SSS was not mandatory for Toronto's bid to be succesful.

It's still not mandatory for teams nowadays, either. Seattle doesn't have one and they were awarded a club. I'm pretty sure SSS are not a prerequisite for MLS franchises, just encouraged for the obvious reasons.

Cash, I'm pretty sure it is. It's something like you have to have one in place or a viable plan to have one in place by a certain date.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Seattle doesn't have a plan in place and their stay at Qwest Field is open-ended. I might be wrong, but I have yet to see anything from the league that says SSS is mandatory, only encouraged.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the only reason seattle would need one is ensure that they get first rights over the game slots. Obviously the Seahawks schedule will dominate over the Sounders, however their league schedules only become conflicting when the MLS season is coming to an end, and the NFL generally only plays sundays which doesn't conflict with the MLS too much.

I don't know why the sounders need an SSS when their owner owns both teams. I thought the SSS idea was for teams renting out big NFL stadiums from outside tennents and not making enough gate revenue to be successful. This was the case in KC @ arrrowhead. Sounders wouldn't have this problem because they wouldn't have to pay a foreign tennent to play at Qwest.