Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 61,000 people bought tickets for the CCL match at Olympic Stadium. It was one of the largest crowds seen at the stadium and the largest crowd any MLS club in Canada has attracted for a single game. And all this happened on a brisk Wednesday night in Montreal during the middle of the NHL postseason. Add ticket sales to CONCACAF prize money for making it as far as the final, and Saputo has made MAD CASH off this tournament, even if it's been at the expense of their MLS regular season record.

The bottom line is the bottom line. I just don't see either Saputo or MLSE turning their noses up at the possibility to try for the Champions League this time around. And seeing as how the Canadian Championship is the only way to make it into that tournament, I fully expect that TFC will field a competitive roster. The prospect of filling up Rogers Centre in mid-April (perhaps after yet another Leafs season without playoffs) is too great of an opportunity in the eyes of MLSE to ignore.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-04-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    The prospect of filling up Rogers Centre in mid-April (perhaps after yet another Leafs season with playoffs) is too great of an opportunity in the eyes of MLSE to ignore.
    Huh what? You really lost me there Cash.

I believe that MLS teams also get allocation money every time they advance a round in CCL, so it can really help your salary budget as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is anyone watching this game at Joe's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I would give Hagglund and Morgan the night off. Both need it mentally.

I expect to see all of Creavalle, Zavaleta, Roberts, Osorio, Findley, Delgado, Chapman, Warner, Lovitz - just don't know how it fits. Giovinco and Bradley and Altidore shouldn't even travel.
    Maybe Bloom too if he is ready to return, just to give him some minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's gonna play left back, if Morgan has the night off?

Can only call up TFCII players with MLS contracts and none of them can play LB.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be nice if the game was carried on a channel that my local pub carries.

Appallingly, the same hockey game is being played on 4 different SportsNet channels. The Wankouver - Edmonton game is on SN360 and SNWorld.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Davidson@NeilMDavidson 1m1 minute ago
    Vanney says Bloom, Caldwell and Bendik not expected to play in Montreal. Not all DPs will make trip with #torontoFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Van/Edm game is being played on SN360 which I get with my regular sports stations. I ain't paying $20 for the SN World channel for one game. Too bad. This is going to break my perfect record of being able to watch every minute of every game since 2007. I am going to be in my car so streaming is not a possibility. Was really hoping to use the PVR.....but they have the same hockey game on 4 SN channels at the same time. Bunch of fucknuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    At least Van/Edm game is being played on SN360 which I get with my regular sports stations. I ain't paying $20 for the SN World channel for one game. Too bad. This is going to break my perfect record of being able to watch every minute of every game since 2007. I am going to be in my car so streaming is not a possibility. Was really hoping to use the PVR.....but they have the same hockey game on 4 SN channels at the same time. Bunch of fucknuts.
    Being live streamed, no biggie

John Molinaro‏@JohnMolinaro3m3 minutes ago Sportsnet.ca will live stream next week's Impact vs #TFC game in Amway Canadian Championship 1st leg. Game will also air on Sportsnet World.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he said he will be in his car so streaming won't be possible.

Joe Kool, get a better cell data plan, pull over & watch it. I've got a 6GB limit on my mobile. I've watched TFC & World Cup games from the campsite, with a laptop tethered from my mobile phone connection. I sometimes had to put the phone in awkward spots, or drive to the nearest town, in order to get a decent signal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill pop into the nearest library sometimes when Im up in cottage country and use their wifi.

same with local McDonalds, they have wifi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous that the game isn't being televised on one of the other SN channels. It looks like I'll be connecting my laptop to my TV so I can watch it on the big screen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Well he said he will be in his car so streaming won't be possible.

Joe Kool, get a better cell data plan, pull over & watch it. I've got a 6GB limit on my mobile. I've watched TFC & World Cup games from the campsite, with a laptop tethered from my mobile phone connection. I sometimes had to put the phone in awkward spots, or drive to the nearest town, in order to get a decent signal.
    Actually trying to figure things out with my schedule so I may use my phone like you said in the car pulled over. I have unlimited data on my plan that my work pays for so that won't be an issue with my mobile. Pretty sure tethering is not covered in my plan though so may have to just use the iPhone 6 screen which is not great but doable. Will see how I make out.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Huh what? You really lost me there Cash.

I believe that MLS teams also get allocation money every time they advance a round in CCL, so it can really help your salary budget as well.
    Oops. That was an obvious mistake on my part. I meant "without playoffs". And let's be honest, that's the most likeliest scenario is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Neil Davidson@NeilMDavidson 1m1 minute ago
    Vanney says Bloom, Caldwell and Bendik not expected to play in Montreal. Not all DPs will make trip with #torontoFC
    Well, there's goes my prediction!
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 05-04-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal waive Nicht - this league is a complete and utter joke and through that disrespectful to players and fans alike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Montreal waive Nicht - this league is a complete and utter joke and through that disrespectful to players and fans alike
    He knew in advance. It was just a bunch of shit; I bet you he's re-signed by Indy almost immediately, or heads home to Germany to sit on the large sack of cash Montreal just slipped him.

Jeez, what a joke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Actually trying to figure things out with my schedule so I may use my phone like you said in the car pulled over. I have unlimited data on my plan that my work pays for so that won't be an issue with my mobile. Pretty sure tethering is not covered in my plan though so may have to just use the iPhone 6 screen which is not great but doable. Will see how I make out.
    Good luck, unlimited data that's great! I need my cell phone for work but they won't pay for it at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Nicht business is unsettling. Opens the door to all kinds of roster shenanigans in CCL and once MLS is on the receiving end of it, people will be unhappy.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for a pub in Milton that will show SportsNet World...is there one?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    The Nicht business is unsettling. Opens the door to all kinds of roster shenanigans in CCL and once MLS is on the receiving end of it, people will be unhappy.
    Wait doesn't the league still have the reserve GK pool? Or did that go away?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am guessing one of the Sportsnet channels will show the replay later on probably after midnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I don't think so - they replaced their suspended keeper with a lower quality one from a lower level league. If that is setting precedent, i'm fine with it. I think most CCL teams would rather use their own keepers than an outsider, just for continuity's sake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Wait doesn't the league still have the reserve GK pool? Or did that go away?
    The CCL competition regs need to provide a mechanism like that, specifically for GK replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW (not much) the free TTC papers stated today all 3 DP's would travel, but 1 maybe 2 will play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see

Moore Hamilton
    Lovitz Warner Osorio Creavalle
    Morgan Zavaleta Hagglund Morrow
    Roberts

Bench: Bono, Delgado, Chapman, Manella, Jackson, Findley, Altidore

With a stronger side for the second leg depending on how the first goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creavalle at RB and Delgado at RM and that's pretty much the team i'd be starting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see how tomorrow night goes, will be fun to see some of the kids if Greg goes that route. After not going to the VCup game in Montreal last year I am hoping it is not a repeat of the 6-0 loss I witnessed in 2013. I believe the Reds will win.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    It will be interesting to see how tomorrow night goes, will be fun to see some of the kids if Greg goes that route. After not going to the VCup game in Montreal last year I am hoping it is not a repeat of the 6-0 loss I witnessed in 2013. I believe the Reds will win.
    Vanney said it'll be a mix, hope all the starters get the second half to rest. We need them to show up big for the home opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    FWIW (not much) the free TTC papers stated today all 3 DP's would travel, but 1 maybe 2 will play.
    Depends on the result of the first half I'm guessing. Would be nice to field (at least close to) our best 11 if we're behind after 45.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    Vanney said it'll be a mix, hope all the starters get the second half to rest. We need them to show up big for the home opener.
    You have to use the subs in the normal context of a soccer game, so sit those you want to rest and mix in the rest of your vets with the kids and that will be your X11. It has be done with an eye that most of the starters will go the full 90.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!