Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential good news. Philly could be down a starting CB.

Matthew De George
    @sportsdoctormd
    1m1 minute ago

Vitoria officially questionable for this weekend with a right groin injury.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From today.

Number Crunchers: Philadelphia Union Off To Worst Start In Franchise History

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...7jH31U.twitter

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Rocky looking over Philly with all his might, that just reminded me will have to take a pic of the statue wearing a RPB scarf on Saturday for good measure.

he's got his arms up, we could actually slip a shirt over this thing if we wanted to.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beginning of a long stretch for TFC. Saturday Wednesday Sunday Wednesday Saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Potential good news. Philly could be down a starting CB.

Matthew De George
    @sportsdoctormd
    1m1 minute ago

Vitoria officially questionable for this weekend with a right groin injury.
    Wait, aren't they already playing Mo Edu at CB? So it'll be Jozy and Giovinco against a second choice CB and a midfielder. Things seem to be looking too good for TFC. I'm starting to expect a loss lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC kept a clean sheet for the first time in 2015 last Sunday in Orlando.
    It’s a big positive for a defensive unit that has been subject to much criticism early this season. They ride into Philadelphia with momentum, which is good considering defensive reinforcements will not be on their way this week.
    Mark Bloom remains questionable with a Quadriceps strain, Steven Caldwell will miss his fourth game due to an Achilles injury and Clement Simonin remains sidelined after having minor surgery on his right knee.
    The Reds remain healthy elsewhere and it’s likely we see the same starting XI that took the field in Orlando.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2015/04...y-philadelphia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Minor knee surgery" does such a thing exist?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    "Minor knee surgery" does such a thing exist?
    By medical standards yes.

From a footballing perspective, probably not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were not for injuries and circumstance someone would have reached this milestone earlier than this but none the less Saturday is going to be a special one for Ashtone as he becomes the first player in Reds history to reach the 100 game mark. Congats to him.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian 2m2 minutes ago Joe Bendik is questionable for Union game with foot issue. Konopka next in line. #TFC #MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe bendik questionable with a foot injury, Chris konopka next in line as per Vanney. Personally if we're going to be playing a massively under par keeper Id like to see Q get a start

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a lot of confidence in Q but best to leave him outside the first team for now IMO
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-30-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the second straight week TFC on are sky sports.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a huge Bendik fan but Konopka is terrible. He is the great leveler if we start him. Good thing Philly's D is crap.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Konopka is a worse distributor of the ball then Bendik. However, if Konopka is put under strict orders to kick the ball up to Jozy, like Bendik was the last time, then all we are losing is a bit of shot stopping capability.

I would then throw Roberts into the Voyageurs.

Bono has fallen down the depth chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Konopka is a worse distributor of the ball then Bendik. However, if Konopka is put under strict orders to kick the ball up to Jozy, like Bendik was the last time, then all we are losing is a bit of shot stopping capability.

I would then throw Roberts into the Voyageurs.

Bono has fallen down the depth chart.
    FO really bought into all the USMNT hype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still like our chances even without Bendik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I crazy to actually prefer having Roberts start over Konopka. I have seen Roberts play almost a dozen times, and he's always impressed. That, and he's match fit, having played in the last two weeks.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weather in Philly is expected to be mild for the next few days and on Saturday. A High of 23 is forecast for noon on the 2nd with partly cloudy skies and a light wind.

As it's already been mentioned, Philly's defence is just terrible this year and the Union is coming into the match on Saturday after a 4-1 defeat in Columbus. They've scored 10 goals in 9 games, but have conceded a whooping 17 for a Differential of -7. The Union is currently standing 9th in the East with a record of 1-5-3.

Personally, I think TFC has a great shot at three road points this weekend. Even with Bendik possibly out, I'm confident we'll be able to get the win. We're a much better team than we were even just a few weeks ago and I'm pretty confident that we'll be able to outplay them even on their home turf. I'm also expecting a bit of a goal-fest to be honest. Maybe we'll see guys like Bradley or Osorio pick up their first goals of the season here? Either way, really looking forward to the match and hoping for a great result!
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't we get Konopka from Philly? And his wife is a tv personality or something there? Hopefully friends and family in the city will have a positive impact and not be a distraction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Didn't we get Konopka from Philly? And his wife is a tv personality or something there? Hopefully friends and family in the city will have a positive impact and not be a distraction.
    Given that he has two lifetime starts in MLS, I'm not sure how everyone is so sure he's terrible. Lots of competent goalies get stuck in backup roles for years. Chances are, he's had more coaching and exposure to what we'll face than any one else we can offer up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I am not a huge Bendik fan but Konopka is terrible. He is the great leveler if we start him. Good thing Philly's D is crap.
    Unfortunately true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Given that he has two lifetime starts in MLS, I'm not sure how everyone is so sure he's terrible. Lots of competent goalies get stuck in backup roles for years. Chances are, he's had more coaching and exposure to what we'll face than any one else we can offer up.
    I hope you are right. The game I saw him play he really wasn't MLS caliber. Tough tough job though and he deserves a chance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've seen both of those starts plus the half he played against Spurs and never have I seen such an awkward, poor footed keeper at any level. His footwork makes the Raptor's Valanciunas look like a ballerina. We better supply him with a lot of cover. A lot.

I am 100% sure we could get better from NASL for the same money.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 05-01-2015 at 09:08 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I've seen both of those starts plus the half he played against Spurs and never have I seen such an awkward, poor footed keeper at any level. His footwork makes the Raptor's Valanciunas look like a ballerina. We better supply him with a lot of cover. A lot.

I am 100% sure we could get better from NASL for the same money.
    Pretty sure Quillan Roberts from TFC II would be better
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Pretty sure Quillan Roberts from TFC II would be better
    I think he is too but they may not want to throw him to the wolves yet. I understand that and with our defense, a young guy could get discouraged fast.

If I were running this show I would have dumped Konopka and looked at NASL for a more veteran, pro-tested keeper as a back up moving forward until Roberts or Bono is ready. I know keepers rarely get hurt unless their name is Frei but this is honestly our roster spot with the least proven depth. If Bendik was to go down long term I would be comfortable in saying our season would most likely be toast. And I don't even think Bendik should start so that's saying something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.@torontofc has recalled Quillan Roberts from @torontofcII ahead of Saturday’s match against Philadelphia Union

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    .@torontofc has recalled Quillan Roberts from @torontofcII ahead of Saturday’s match against Philadelphia Union
    We need a GK on the bench. No way Vanney will start him unless Konopka stumbles over his own feet and hurts himself in training today or tomorrow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank god the home opener is not this Sunday, Marathon and Gardiner shutdown will cause weekend traffic headaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both TFC and Philly are going to view this game as very winnable (and they are both correct). I just hope we come out on top. It's really a matter of how we play defensively. TFC has already proven they can score.