One of my wishes had always been having a Football Manager game for my iPad, similar to what is available for the PC. Well, a week or so ago, the folks at SI ported over Football Manager Classic 2015 for high end iPads and Android machines. Since MLS is a licensed league, you get all of the team logos, kits and photos of the players, and the squads are updated as of the beginning of April. The games are also played out using a 3D engine, making for some entertaining time waiting for flights etc.

Although it doesn't have the wonky MLS structure with allocation and salary cap, each team does have a budget it must follow. The season starts in 2014 (but with this year's rosters), which leads to a Chivas USA team that has been stripped for parts (they finished with 4 points in the season I played - but by the end did a pretty decent job picking up discarded MLS talent). What impressed me was after the game moved into the 2015 season - Chivas USA was disbanded, and both NYCFC and Orlando entered the league, with Houston and KC switching divisions and the new playoff structure coming into place. Looking forward to getting past the next few years to see if Atlanta and LAFC also come in.

It is on the pricey side at $20 - but I have now been playing it non-stop when I have some time free. I had best up my game however as I am on the verge of being sacked....

The game can be found on the iTunes store.....