Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    For me is not so much the record this year, but his overall failure to address our defensive weakness through out his tenure. Now I do not have ( or did not have) very strong anti-Vanney opinions, other then from the last game in Texas, were I thought it was just horrible. I do not hate him as a coach, he has just not impressed me, and I think we could easily do better.
    exactly right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Where is the supplemental discipline for the guy who threw the elbow at Perquis' head seconds before the second goal?
    Can take until Thursday for that stuff to come down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of all the articles talking about how Orlando is crap so it's not an impressive win. MLS doesn't really work like that though. Road wins are very hard to come by no matter what team you are playing. Plus, Orlando already had 2 wins and 2 ties before that match so it's not like they had the worst record in the league or something. I'm always impressed by any road win so a win by 2 and a clean sheet is very impressive to me. By no means does it erase the previous matches but taken on its own, it was a very good performance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I was thinking of all the articles talking about how Orlando is crap so it's not an impressive win. MLS doesn't really work like that though. Road wins are very hard to come by no matter what team you are playing. Plus, Orlando already had 2 wins and 2 ties before that match so it's not like they had the worst record in the league or something. I'm always impressed by any road win so a win by 2 and a clean sheet is very impressive to me. By no means does it erase the previous matches but taken on its own, it was a very good performance.
    I found it amusing that a bunch of stuff I read from Orlando articles and whatnot prior to the match were putting down Toronto quite heavily for not making the playoffs yet in all their years and the fact that we spent so much money in the offseason and we go and lose four straight and they were saying how Toronto defense is a shambles, etc. Basically they were calling us crap before playing us. I thought wouldn't it be funny if the team they put down so much would come in and beat them in their home stadium and that is what happened. Orlando people better be real careful tossing out criticisms of other teams when they haven't achieved jack shit yet in MLS. For all they know this year could be the start of 9 or 10 years without playoffs for them....