Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We looked naturally like a 442 team tonight. Maybe it was just an adjustment to Orlando, but having people stick to defending their channels really seemed to work. I don't think it has to be a temporary fix, as we were quite good in possession, too, once we got past the jittery first half hour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very scrambly game in the second half (I watched Raps in the first half).

Giovinco seems to be creating massive space out there, they were doubling him and leaving huge gaps that Bradley especially was galloping through.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    A little unspecific, Jpexxx.....
    Lol.

Left for hockey soon after, so delayed response.

I was talking about that stomp on Gio. It was soon after the first goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to people who came out to shoeless joes!!! Great to make new friends!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Lol.

Left for hockey soon after, so delayed response.

I was talking about that stomp on Gio. It was soon after the first goal.
    yeah, that was ridiculous. one of our guys went down as well in our box during jozy's second goal, anyone know what happened? i was at a famjam and they were jumping back and forth between the match and the raps game (for all the good it did them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the sky falling or not?!?

I'm confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    yeah, that was ridiculous. one of our guys went down as well in our box during jozy's second goal, anyone know what happened? i was at a famjam and they were jumping back and forth between the match and the raps game (for all the good it did them).
    Perquis got shoved to the ground by Rochez I believe... the commentators thought it was an elbow to the face at first, but it was a two handed shove.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay a win! It's been a while since I've had this feeling. A lot of positives to take from this but it has to be noted that we played an NASL team with Kaka, so I'm going to go with tempered enthusiasm on this.

The good
    -Morgan is back! Not only was is defensive work top notch but he made great runs down the line.
    -Bradley looked like a proper DP today. He was everywhere but also involved his teammates instead of trying to force the ball up field. Him and Cheyrou are a gritty combination to have to play through.
    -Jackson. What a fucking volley to start the game off! He had a great game on both sides of the ball putting in the defensive work too.
    -Altidore did everything we asked of him and is looking like he could be our first 20 goal scorer.
    -Giovinco... without having a big jerk off about how he's a class above everyone on the pitch, I'd like to comment on his workrate. He was constantly closing down Orlando ball carriers he was a big part of why they were passing the ball around their own half towards the end of the match.

The bad
    -Hagglund looked scared, I'm not sure what happened to that fearless rookie, but I want him back
    -Bendik, despite the shutout still hasn't convinced me he's any good. He was uncertain when off his line and his distribution is only slightly better than Greg "hey guys lets see how far I can kick it" Sutton
    -Osorio was subbed on and basically committed a series of stupid fouls and gave the ball away
    -Findley was invisible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    Perquis shouldered the Orlando player who turned around and shoved him in the chest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 4m4 minutes ago Bradley: "Nobody believes more in this city and club than I do. It's why I'm here. It's why I'm still here. It's why I'm going to be here."
    I wonder what would happen if we paid him market value aka 2-3 million

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case anyone missed it, here's Aurélien Collin's tramp stamp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a great win. I like the new 4-4-2 system, Gio has to play in attack to be more influent in the game and the duo Giovinco-Altidore is working. Furthermore, it gives a defense solidity to the team that missed so much in the last games.

C'mon reds, they need another 3 points in the next 2 games before home opener. 9 points in these 8 away games wouldn't be that bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We looked naturally like a 442 team tonight. Maybe it was just an adjustment to Orlando, but having people stick to defending their channels really seemed to work. I don't think it has to be a temporary fix, as we were quite good in possession, too, once we got past the jittery first half hour.

Its tried and true in this league for a reason - the formation offers protection to the players weaknesses, and because they are more used to it, their instincts tend to put them in the right position more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juventino View Post
    That was a great win. I like the new 4-4-2 system, Gio has to play in attack to be more influent in the game and the duo Giovinco-Altidore is working. Furthermore, it gives a defense solidity to the team that missed so much in the last games.

C'mon reds, they need another 3 points in the next 2 games before home opener. 9 points in these 8 away games wouldn't be that bad.
    Everyone groans when they hear 4-4-2 but really there is nothing wrong with it if played properly. If played like little structure/tactics it can be torn apart and look very unorganized. With the proper tactics and roles, it can be a great system. The Marcello Lippi's 2006 Azzurri team used it, and it looked great, and so did Arrigo Sacchi's Milan. Trappatoni also loved the formation.

The key is that tactics need to be well defined, and the right players need it be in it. A combination of Cheyrou & Bradley is a good one because Cheyrou can take the deep lying playmaker role, while Bradley can work his tail off. I'd have no problem with a 4-4-2 being permanent with Altidore, Giovinco on the front line, Cheyrou/Bradley in the middle. The only thing would be to improve the wide positions, and add a central defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hieberrr View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Hopefully some folks can get their head's a round my objective comment here:

I will take a sloppy win just to raise self esteem, and team work: which any good manager or coach will tell you was needed. Leave the glamour for the future moving forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to see us grind out a win on the road. MLS is traditionally really hard on any away team. If we want to compete, we need to grind out dirty wins like last night. No matter how pretty or how ugly, a win is a win.

On to the next.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Doyle, TFC's network passing map

Of note

Bendik direct to Jozy without fail (that had to be a direction from Vanney)

Jackson never passed to the forwards?

Hagglund didn't handle the ball that much and when he did, everything went right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the difference in a pretty even game, it has to be said.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just another thought on Jozy...I for one did not know that he was as technically gifted as he is when we acquired him. I knew he was a workhorse with a nose for the the goal but man, he has already scored a few highlight reel goals in his first 5 games for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Per Doyle, TFC's network passing map

Of note

Jackson never passed to the forwards?

Hagglund didn't handle the ball that much and when he did, everything went right.
    thats a great touch map - look how clear the formation is. Good post, Dim. Also interesting that Jozy and Seba are on top of each other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Perquis got shoved to the ground by Rochez I believe... the commentators thought it was an elbow to the face at first, but it was a two handed shove.
    Looked to me like a shove, followed by serious embellishment by Perquis when he clutched his face and started rolling around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy Vanney has shown some sort of pragmatism. I still think he can be a decent coach in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it has been said already, but anyone else notice the Bradley Armband last night! City of Toronto Flag! I remember when everyone had different opinions of MLS removing the country flags from the jersey, this is a perfect way for us to represent the city! Great Job yesterday, if this is the full healthy roster then we should have some fun times at BMO! 1 More game then May 10 is upon us!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 4 2 is the way to go, as many of us on here have been saying...I love the fact that GIO actually looks happy to be here and part of the team...even when his team messes up some passes, you dont seem him yell or get angry, he simply claps and encourages them. I would rather us play a more boring style that is very tight at the back and counter attack the other team, we shouldnt need as many chances to score wiith the strikers we have

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JollyBenjabi View Post
    Not sure if it has been said already, but anyone else notice the Bradley Armband last night! City of Toronto Flag! I remember when everyone had different opinions of MLS removing the country flags from the jersey, this is a perfect way for us to represent the city! Great Job yesterday, if this is the full healthy roster then we should have some fun times at BMO! 1 More game then May 10 is upon us!!!
    I noticed the same armband used in the Dallas game too.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really liking Cheyrou. Takes the pressure off Bradley. Seems to be getting more comfortable.

The Orlando "other" DPs don't seem to be anything special. I guess they're still both young and are maybe long term projects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn that is some relief. PHew. Great goals by Jozy, hopefully he doesn't disappear for another streak of games. I have a feeling this new setup (thank god) will be more productive for both him and Seba while simultaneously tightening up our sloppy defense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thankful that the issues we've had all season were at least recognized and addressed. With another 'easier' match coming this Saturday we could get some points from it. That would make a good trip. Too bad it took so long to address the weaknesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Yay a win! It's been a while since I've had this feeling. A lot of positives to take from this but it has to be noted that we played an NASL team with Kaka, so I'm going to go with tempered enthusiasm on this.

The good
    -Morgan is back! Not only was is defensive work top notch but he made great runs down the line.
    -Bradley looked like a proper DP today. He was everywhere but also involved his teammates instead of trying to force the ball up field. Him and Cheyrou are a gritty combination to have to play through.
    -Jackson. What a fucking volley to start the game off! He had a great game on both sides of the ball putting in the defensive work too.
    -Altidore did everything we asked of him and is looking like he could be our first 20 goal scorer.
    -Giovinco... without having a big jerk off about how he's a class above everyone on the pitch, I'd like to comment on his workrate. He was constantly closing down Orlando ball carriers he was a big part of why they were passing the ball around their own half towards the end of the match.

The bad
    -Hagglund looked scared, I'm not sure what happened to that fearless rookie, but I want him back
    -Bendik, despite the shutout still hasn't convinced me he's any good. He was uncertain when off his line and his distribution is only slightly better than Greg "hey guys lets see how far I can kick it" Sutton
    -Osorio was subbed on and basically committed a series of stupid fouls and gave the ball away
    -Findley was invisible

Was findley doing something special on D? I know he wasnt playing his reg position. BUt I dont even remember him touching the bacll
    I cant stress enough how much we overpaid for this guy.