Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Vancouver got lucky with their rookie coach in Robinson. Watching Van v RSL and so much better play but Van players aren't superstars so what gives?
    A rookie coach can go either way. Kreis was a rookie at RSL when he built one of the best sides in history of the league. They sucked first year as well. That's the thing. You don't need experience in this league. There have been more than a few inexperienced coaches that have done well. Vanney might come good. In a year from now he might have the team playing really well. It doesn't look like it now, but this happens in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS is so hard to watch this season. The games are horrible.

especially after watching premiership all winter, then TFC puts out this. its a disgrace.

off topic: TSN can we stop with the fucking bmo running out of space commercials. Its the same fucking commercials over and over and over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    According to the last rulebook published, games halted before 45 minutes had to be replayed entirely regardless of scoreline.
    Well if that didn't change TFC would certainly have an argument they could just choose not to play in protest since it's an L anyway. But I still suspect there's a more reasonable explanation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 3m3 minutes ago Information about match delayed rules came from FC Dallas PR team. There's confusion, but that's what we were told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    A rookie coach can go either way. Kreis was a rookie at RSL when he built one of the best sides in history of the league. They sucked first year as well. That's the thing. You don't need experience in this league. There have been more than a few inexperienced coaches that have done well. Vanney might come good. In a year from now he might have the team playing really well. It doesn't look like it now, but this happens in the MLS.
    Should an organization that just invested $100M, bet on a rookie manager ( chosen by Bez ), to be as good or better then other 23 coaches of the league?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Probably a better gig that coaching TFC tbf
    less likely to be fired before the seasons over anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    That's completely our fault. You do remember that BMO Field is being expanded, yes?
    I realize that, but why not play with the east stand closed? Better than so many road games given how hard an away win is in this league. Theres a chance the side will be completely demoralized and well adrift of a playoff spot by the time the home opener arrives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveisonfire View Post

Thoughts
    Complete bombscare... Frightening how easily he was pulled out of position when he played at CB. I know for some he showed fire, but that can be as dangerous as it is positive

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I realize that, but why not play with the east stand closed? Better than so many road games given how hard an away win is in this league. Theres a chance the side will be completely demoralized and well adrift of a playoff spot by the time the home opener arrives
    because season tickets had to be sold
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 3m3 minutes ago Information about match delayed rules came from FC Dallas PR team. There's confusion, but that's what we were told.
    Sounds like even the teams don't know the rules in this league. lol

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the south end and south west corner is also closed and off limits during the construction. Not just the east stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete bombscare... Frightening how easily he was pulled out of position when he played at CB. I know for some he showed fire, but that can be as dangerous as it is positive
    I would not bring him in to play CB. I think Ecks would fit in very well into Vanney's high tempo system. I don't think I'm being romantic for the past here, I think he'd be a great option at RB where I believe we are thin...and one with MLS experience.
    Last edited by Daveisonfire; 04-18-2015 at 10:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like the game is going to continue
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game to restart - TFC not happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. Athletic's San Names stadium comes to mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt lil' Timmy BestBuychenko is going to fire his drinking buddy Vanney anytime soon.

But seriously, the team can be decent in attack. The back line is the real problem. If they were tighter the midfield and offensive players wouldn't have to worry about babysitting them or compensating for their bad play. The club just needs to admit our D is shit and go out and buy a high quality centerback and rightback ASAP.

If I had my way, I would also get rid of some of this mound of central mids we have (like warner) and get some wingers whom can attack and defend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    because season tickets had to be sold
    So sell them 3-4 games short of a full season.

Alternatively they could have started construction earlier and balanced the away schedule with the end of last season. Even playing at Lamport or god forbid the turf at the SkyDome would have been preferable to this schedule

p.s. they just announced in the Vancouver broadcast the TFC/Dallas game will be resuming tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Games Cancelled After Commencement of Play. If a Game is cancelled prior to the completion of the first half of play, regardless of the score, the score shall not be recorded and the Game will be treated as if it were cancelled before it started. If a Game is cancelled subsequent to the completion of the first half of play and a Team leads in goals or the score is tied at halftime, the score and all Game statistics will stand as final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post
    Because the south end and south west corner is also closed and off limits during the construction. Not just the east stand.
    Surely surmountable with some advanced planning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    According to the last rulebook published, games halted before 45 minutes had to be replayed entirely regardless of scoreline.
    Yeah, but the unpublished (and constantly changing) rulebook is what governs in MLS...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M e r c y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they're trying to continue the game so it gets to half then cancel it with the 3-0 score line.

Score stands as final and no need to reschedule the game starting at 0-0.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and apparently more lightning lulz

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus, you'd think they would have someone there who can understand weather radar and lightning maps. 45 min or so this shit will be clear, why all the confusion.... http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar...t=NCR&loop=yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic that it's taking this long

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc had the same problem when Vancouver played in Toronto and we were down a goal. I was at that game the pitch was unplayable and the lightning was non stop. We rescheduled and the game started at 0 0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post
    Jesus, you'd think they would have someone there who can understand weather radar and lightning maps. 45 min or so this shit will be clear, why all the confusion.... http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar...t=NCR&loop=yes
    Yes it would be clear of lighting but the pitch is unplayable

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldtraffordPEI View Post

Not just about the weather. Its about the aftermath. Is the pitch in playbable condition? If the ball cant roll you cant play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hope it restarts and we lose by 10
    #vanneyout

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by king10 View Post
    Not just about the weather. Its about the aftermath. Is the pitch in playbable condition? If the ball cant roll you cant play.
    Toronto will have a slight advantage considering the players have been wearing galoshes since the game started.