Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much do players like findley, moore and caldwell make?

If we could remove these three players, we could really find the winger and the defenders we need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay. It's over! Back to meaningful football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me cynicle if u like but barring a few attempts, City appeared to be striking at least 1-2 foot wide of the post each time they had a chance on goal ?

If this was a real real meaningful game I believe we would have got a proper drumming.

All in all it was what it set out to be, a show case game to woo the fans. Now let's get back on track with MLS and play for real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the avg player on man city probably makes 4-6 million a yr...while tfc has players making 40-60k...obviously man city didnt go all out, or else it could of been ugly.

but we did play well

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Call me cynicle if u like but barring a few attempts, City appeared to be striking at least 1-2 foot wide of the post each time they had a chance on goal ?

If this was a real real meaningful game I believe we would have got a proper drumming.

All in all it was what it set out to be, a show case game to woo the fans. Now let's get back on track with MLS and play for real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh I thought the exsperiance of it all for the younger players in the second half made up for any dobts about it all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What was the guesstimate for the number of butts in seats? Just curious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say around 20,000 - max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seemed all the lower levels were sold out, the upper levels were empty

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I'd say around 20,000 - max

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Lovitz...... ugh...

May I ask why the stadium booed when Gio got subbed off so soon? I was absolutely ecstatic. Get him outta there for Saturday. TY, Vanney.

I was sitting next to the bench and when Bendik came off he was sarcastically bragging about a shutout. Good man.

The part timers and Man City supporters, which made up the bulk of the crowd, were upset at the early sub. Those that support TFC were jumping for joy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Granted, Man City wasn't firing on all cylinders, but we could have easily scored 2-3 goals in the second half. Our kids defended extremely well, and they really deserve credit for competing the way they did against a superior club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was there with the wife and another couple courtesy of free tickets. Never been to one of these ill-timed friendlies in TFC's history.

We were row 2 of the new stands and I have to admit they did a nice job with it. Lots of concourse room, amenities all over the place, and great views of the pitch and even the city when you go back inside.

Crowd was probably low 20k's, there were lineups at half and definitely people up in the new stands with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC are claiming +/-23,000

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was noticing a TFC chant got going..........just before their goal.

23K - that many sold/given away...I suppose. Hard to judge with the new ground.

In general, through 2 league games, a cup match and a friendly, butts in the seat seems to be up in the older sections. And people are showing up earlier. And the place is definitely louder.

Roof next year should help. If they screw up the pitch though, as correctly pointed out by bones, it all could go to shit.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-28-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    TFC are claiming +/-23,000
    Seems about right. This is a pic from TFC's facebook feed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We guessed the crowd between 16-18K. The west upper deck was rather empty as was the north end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious to know if any of the constant singing from the official City supporters club in 204/205 made it down to the lower bowl.

We could hear nothing from up there and the wind was probably taking all our well-refreshed efforts over the railing to the east parking lot.

I'll never watch a match up there again tho-so high up you can see Hamilton (not Jordan Hamilton). It's like the away section at Newcastle.

Grratly enjoyed watching the team I have supported since 1973 play against my now hometown team (since that night with Jimmy and Mo at the Duke).
    Left arm in arm with TFC mates singing in the tunnel.Good times and back to 115 on Saturday.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    Curious to know if any of the constant singing from the official City supporters club in 204/205 made it down to the lower bowl.

We could hear nothing from up there and the wind was probably taking all our well-refreshed efforts over the railing to the east parking lot.

I'll never watch a match up there again tho-so high up you can see Hamilton (not Jordan Hamilton). It's like the away section at Newcastle.

Grratly enjoyed watching the team I have supported since 1973 play against my now hometown team (since that night with Jimmy and Mo at the Duke).
    Left arm in arm with TFC mates singing in the tunnel.Good times and back to 115 on Saturday.
    I was half way up 114, we heard your "who are you" chant loud and clear which I assume was directed at the UTD fans at the front of 114. Apart from that, nothing else was heard.
    I enjoyed the game, I know it was a friendly and all, but there was a good buzz around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, what a pic. It looks like an artist's rendering.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post

We spent the first half behind the goal at the north end...could hear the City crowd up in 204 loud and clear. When the entire stadium ooh-and ahh'd it did seem alot more pronounced than previous years...maybe the new stand is trapping in the sound? if so could be a good thing...with a roof the sound from the crowds will be epic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    The Gilberto miss comment I made was a joke, thought it was obvious and good for a laugh. Gilberto is obviously a better talent. I was merely referencing the amount of chances Gilberto got and missed and the amount of time and opportunities it took him to get some goals and some form. Dike missed a sitter, that's about it. Haven't seen enough of him consistently due to injuries in a first team environment. You are right tho, Dike may never get a consistent first team opportunity with TFC. But judging him on missing a sitter and the small sample size we have seen is meh. I personal like the idea of a big forward causing problems for the defense. We really don't have another forward like him (he outweighs Altidore by a ton even tho they are about the same height.) His upside is probably no more then a depth player and at the wage he is currently on, he fits right into that.
    You'll have to forgive me for not seeing through your Gilberto remarks! He definitely has his detractors though. I hope we see him again. I like Altidore's ability and attitude but the length of his deal and hammy issues gives me the same pause as Defoe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought Chapman looked really good, made some mistakes and lost his footing a silly amount of times but was lively and looking to make things happen. Lovitz is kind of rec league, no 1v1 ability, can't make a long pass... you see him looking across the field then give up on the idea of trying to switch play. He tried a mid-range pass or two that were just completely wrong. Jackson has been impressive and hopefully means less Creavalle and Findley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my over-refreshed memory last night, I thought TFC defended stoutly and deserved a draw. Great experience for the kids especially. I knew City wouldn't embarass TFC as they are only half committed at the best of times, never mind post season friendly.Spanish Dave ( Silva) was the standout for City. Was delighted City fan and academy lad since Under 8 George Evans was the star- watch that lad, he'll be a star.He has played at every level of the club since age 7.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cancelled tonight's game in Houston...

http://www.houstondynamo.com/news/20...city-cancelled