Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h1 hour ago
    Pitch conditions today are decent at Toyota Park. Michael Bradley and Joe Bendik walked it yesterday. Didn't seem to have major complaints.

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1h1 hour ago
    Available bench players for TFC here in Chicago: Simonin, Delgado, Dike, Warner, Lovitz, Jackson, Konopka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Creavalle at RB and Morrow at CB. Let's hopee Maloney continues to be completely fucking inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd prefer if we kept Simonin on the field and just anchored a DM in front of the backline. What he might lack in pace he makes up for in passing range.

With the backline being advertised I expect the ball to be sailing over the head of our midfielders a lot.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 04-04-2015 at 09:55 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    So Creavalle at RB and Morrow at CB. Let's hopee Maloney continues to be completely fucking inept.
    With defensively inept Creavalle and Morgan at FB, Chicago will just fling crosses into the box, and 2 CBs will have a hard time battling couple of athletic Chicago strikers. And TFC already has enough trouble defending crosses.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simonin and Hagglund need to continue to develop their partnership, they didn't do too bad against RSL.
    We need Morrow as a fullback, Creaville and Morgan don't know how to get back properly (and Creaville doesn't know what to do when he gets forward either).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple points: In Salt Lake, part of our improved play in midfield was Warner at the base of it keeping the shape together. Bradley cannot hold the midfield shape as a DM. I think Bradley should come in for Osorio and play RM, where his endless running and pressing will be an asset rather than a weakness. Maybe Osorio can move up a line at Findley's expense.
    I think Morgan and Hagglund as the fullbacks might be the way to go in this game rather than Morrow and Creavalle. Morgan's attacking ability is better than the other fullbacks we have, and his defense isn't really any worse (it's probably better) than Creavalle. Hagglund is better with the ball at his feet at RB than Creavalle, and he's better defensively. Morrow can partner Simonin at CB.
    Bendik
    Hagglund - Simonin - Morrow - Morgan
    Warner
    Bradley - - - Cheyrou
    Altidore - Giovinco - Osorio

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Couple points: In Salt Lake, part of our improved play in midfield was Warner at the base of it keeping the shape together. Bradley cannot hold the midfield shape as a DM. I think Bradley should come in for Osorio and play RM, where his endless running and pressing will be an asset rather than a weakness. Maybe Osorio can move up a line at Findley's expense.
    I think Morgan and Hagglund as the fullbacks might be the way to go in this game rather than Morrow and Creavalle. Morgan's attacking ability is better than the other fullbacks we have, and his defense isn't really any worse (it's probably better) than Creavalle. Hagglund is better with the ball at his feet at RB than Creavalle, and he's better defensively. Morrow can partner Simonin at CB.
    Bendik
    Hagglund - Simonin - Morrow - Morgan
    Warner
    Bradley - - - Cheyrou
    Altidore - Giovinco - Osorio
    This won't happen because Bradley dictates to Vanney what he wants to do. It's so frigging obvious that Bradley is running the show, and Vanney has to adapt the game to whatever Bradley says. So we're going to see that retarded double pivot and Bradley running around like a headless chicken and losing ball.
    And Vanney won't drop Bradley's friend Findley.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    This won't happen because Bradley dictates to Vanney what he wants to do. It's so frigging obvious that Bradley is running the show, and Vanney has to adapt the game to whatever Bradley says. So we're going to see that retarded double pivot and Bradley running around like a headless chicken and losing ball.
    Who would you play over Findley? he's been fine so far.

It's also not at all obvious that Bradley is doing Vanney's job. any evidence you have would be welcomed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Honestly I would prefer we stick with Simonin and Hagglund. They did all right against RSL. Morrow is really not a CB.
    Almost every attack was through morgan vs rsl.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warner has been better this season and is making the Gold Cup time look a lot less of an issue for us. But I think he too needs that double pivot.

Chicago tends to back off and not press high. Lets see how much space that gives to our midfield to operate before we throw in a formation change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. It's common knowledge that Bradley's best position is ahead of a destroyer DM. Not sure if Warner can be that guy but it's worth trying.

I would run a diamond midfield with Warner at the base, Bradley at the top, Oso and Cheyrou on the sides, and Giovinco/Altidore up top.

Simonin and Morrow as our CBs is risky. I'd keep Creavalle at RB until Bloom gets back, and try out Hagglund/Morrow in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we signed Cheyrou the club kept describing him as a guy who can and will play the Michael Carrick role. I don't know why we haven't used him that way. it would suit both his and Bradley's abilities.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching this we are going to have the narration choice of Gerry Dobson or some dudes from Chicago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Who would you play over Findley? he's been fine so far.

It's also not at all obvious that Bradley is doing Vanney's job. any evidence you have would be welcomed.
    the problem with Findley is that because of disorganization of TFC midfield and Giovinco playing CAM so not tracking back as much is that strikers also need to pitch in defensively. Findley has been playing a poacher role so far, and a poacher is a luxury role for TFC IMO. if Gio is not going to play defence (and he shouldn't be dropping back so deep) and double pivot is going to be a headache for TFC, then strikers need to do more to help out defensively.

as for the other point, let me see if this game folds like I imagine it would (I think Harry Shipp is going to look like an all star this game), and I'll present my case

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With defensively inept Creavalle and Morgan at FB, Chicago will just fling crosses into the box, and 2 CBs will have a hard time battling couple of athletic Chicago strikers. And TFC already has enough trouble defending crosses.
    To who? Chicago plays a 433 with fast, wide forwards. They don't have people banging in headers up front.

They've looked pretty rotten so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    To who? Chicago plays a 433 with fast, wide forwards. They don't have people banging in headers up front.

They've looked pretty rotten so far.
    they lined up 4-4-2 last game. good players find space for headers, esp when opposition defenders suck at marking like TFC. for TFC, back post runs

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they lined up 4-4-2 last game. good players find space for headers, esp when opposition defenders suck at marking like TFC. for TFC, back post runs
    They lined up 442 because Maloney and Accam were out. They have all three DPs back. Still, they won in a 442 so maybe he stays with that. Even then, they don't match up to us in the air.

My issue is whether they'll overwhelm us numerically in the midfield. I tend to think our three are better than their four, Shipp excepted. Even then, he's a good player, but pretty overrated. Great passer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS! If Bradley wanted someone traded today it'd happen within the week, he's the real "brains" behind this club now.
    Last edited by portu; 04-04-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, in Niagara for the weekend and hotel wifi sucks too much to livestream anything. Anyone know some spots where I could catch the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting XI:

Bendik
    Creavalle - Hagglund - Morrow - Morgan
    Bradley
    Osorio - - - Cheyrou
    Findley - Giovinco - Altidore

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire looking like a 4-4-1-1

And Morrow starts in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SN1 is "currently unavailable" wtf :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    SN1 is "currently unavailable" wtf :/
    Ironically, I don't normally get it on my very basic digital package. But they have it on free preview ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have Quincy Amarikwa alone upfront with Maloney behind him, and two playes wide who are better coming inside and using speed (Accam) and passing, Shipp.

So they'll play it like inverted wingers and cut inside all day. They're not going to be pinging in crosses to two guys under five-nine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Ironically, I don't normally get it on my very basic digital package. But they have it on free preview ....
    What channel is that on, I'm supposed to get it but idk what's going on with rogers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Edmonton ... Telus digital has it on 907.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure when the bastards changed it, but, now the game is on Sportsnet one...frickin Pittsburgh, Columbus hockey game on 360. Guess it's stream time again...fuck me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting XI:

Bendik
    Creavalle - Hagglund - Morrow - Morgan
    Bradley
    Osorio - - - Cheyrou
    Findley - Giovinco - Altidore
    Bradley as DM. OOOOOOK, good luck with that.